You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Helping a Seal DD Club a Seal BB

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,878 battles

So, I'm down in seal land.  Well, I'm actually running the KM DD line and I'm down there myself grinding away.  But, you know what I mean.  So...I see this friendly DD seal hiding on the far side of a land mass as a BB comes by between me and the land mass, much closer to the other DD.  I'm undetected by the BB.  All the friendly DD has to do is pop out and he'll be right there!  I come up in chat and tell the other DD I'll distract the BB, and when the BB turns his main guns toward me, the DD can jump out and torp him.  Other DD agrees.

So, I start plastering the BB with HE...light myself up.  Watching those gun turrets....do nothing.  Well, I see them continue to fire at a BB at nigh max distance ahead of the BB.  But it's like he is oblivious to me...probably is!  A DD making an attack run.  No maneuver...no focus...nothing but straight and steady.  I'm in the BBs secondary range...and still...just continues on the straight line...firing forward.  Then the friendly DD makes his run.  I've got a perfect shot myself, but I promised the other DD the victory shot, so held off.  Not to mention any misses, given the BB wasn't making any evasion turns, might hit the friendly DD.  And I need to watch the friendly torps carefully, so I don't catch any from him. 

The friendly fires...and misses.  We're talking point blank.  I'm literally passing this BB within spitting distance...I could have rammed him!  And my firing solution, is beginning to take on that "off the stern" receding angle.  I'm still worried about a miss hitting my friendly...but the probability of a miss is only going to go up the more I wait...and it's still a pretty close shot.  So....I let lose with four.  All four hit...DS.  Whew!

Never thought seal clubbing could be so intense. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CAST]
Members
1,155 posts
7,159 battles

Yeah, some players get tunnel vision when zoomed in.  I've seen it myself when players on my team were firing at nose-on BBs at 18km, but they were firing over broadside BBs at 8km.  They didn't even see the broadside BB.

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles
16 minutes ago, Murcc said:

Yeah, some players get tunnel vision when zoomed in.  I've seen it myself when players on my team were firing at nose-on BBs at 18km, but they were firing over broadside BBs at 8km.  They didn't even see the broadside BB.

This is why I keep an eye on the minimap. Sometimes I miss the forest for the trees.

Its even funnier when BOTH broadside BBs ignore each other at 8km.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

You b:etc_swear:d!!! You're clubbing one seal while stealing food from another's mouth!!!! :Smile_teethhappy: How low can you go!!! :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,394 posts
11,810 battles

*blinks and looks up from tactical manual*   I'd say indefinitely...  

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,671 battles

Great story.

I had one battle in Friant where I got one of my few Krakens.  I was just down there to unlock the first French BB.