You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Premiums Ships that Will Never be Sold Again

118 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts

I'm aware there are some premiums WG doesn't sell anymore because they decided they are OP; but these ships are still played by thousands of people who bought them.

Does anyone have a complete list of these? Ones I've heard of are a tier 5 IJN DD and the Belfast, and I guess now kinda Missouri but for OP credits instead of OP combat effectiveness.

Edited by TheLastReaper

[TBOW]
Members
1,189 posts
10,473 battles

Belfast, Kutuzov, Imperator Nikolai I, Guilio Cesare (will probably be part of this gourp), Konig Albert, Saipan  (Should be part of this group) and Gremy while not for sale, are available in Super Crates, and if Christmas Crates are available probably there.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Kamikaze (and variants), Kutuzov, Belfast, Nikolai, Koenig Albert, Gremyashchy.

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles

It’s Wargaming though, so never say never.

• Cool 3

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles

The Kami, Kami R, and Fujin were almost identical to the Minekaze before WG nerfed the crap out of it. Those who loved their Minekazes bought Kamikazes and moved their Minekaze captains over to it. I guess WG realized this and stopped selling the premium versions too. They did the same type of thing in WOT. Players would spend endless amount of time grinding for a tank and training it's crew only to have it nerfed and moved to a higher tier. One of the reasons (amongst many) that many stopped playing WOT.  

• Cool 3

Members
292 posts
3 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

Belfast, Kutuzov, Imperator Nikolai I, Guilio Cesare (will probably be part of this gourp), Konig Albert, Saipan  (Should be part of this group) and Gremy while not for sale, are available in Super Crates, and if Christmas Crates are available probably there.

Belfast is most OP ship imo so I get that is gone.

One on that list i really hope I get to buy  though is the Gulio Cesare... be pretty sad if they don't give me another chance for that.

Rest of them I could live without... but yea who doesn't want a Belfast or Kutuzov.

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,646 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Don't remind me: Should've bought Koenig Albert when I had the chance.

Members
588 posts

I have them all and....They were all on the list of ships available to be in Santa Crates. ( Not MO) Posters claimed winning those ships in Santa Crates. So..... I suspect that while you cannot buy them they will be back for Santa 2018.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 minute ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I have them all and....They were all on the list of ships available to be in Santa Crates. ( Not MO) Posters claimed winning those ships in Santa Crates. So..... I suspect that while you cannot buy them they will be back for Santa 2018.

Konig Albert wasn't avail in Santa Crates.  I did get Belfast, Nikolai, Kami, Gremy in 2017 Santa Crates.  I already had Kutuzov at that time.

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It’s Wargaming though, so never say never.

Lol isn’t that the truth, have seen enough “ never to be reasleased again” Tanks in Blitz come back, grated took a year or 2 with some of them, but oh boy did they make a major return...

So would not surprise me if things like that happened in WOWs too.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,661 posts
14,042 battles
10 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The Kami, Kami R, and Fujin were almost identical to the Minekaze before WG nerfed the crap out of it. Those who loved their Minekazes bought Kamikazes and moved their Minekaze captains over to it. I guess WG realized this and stopped selling the premium versions too. They did the same type of thing in WOT. Players would spend endless amount of time grinding for a tank and training it's crew only to have it nerfed and moved to a higher tier. One of the reasons (amongst many) that many stopped playing WOT.  

Old school Minekaze was so good, there was no reason to buy Fujin / Kamikaze.  Then, as you said, the nerf came to Minekaze and people did exactly as you said.  We have a well established, large corps of clubbers in Fujin / Kamikaze right now.

Just now, AspiringCodger said:

I feel like the Gremy could be sold again since they removed OWSF.

It's still a very potent combination of ships.

Stealth of a Non-RU DD.

RU DD gunnery.

Torpedo ranges that no Tech Tree RU DD has until Tier VIII.

It has guns that can compete with USN DDs 2 tiers higher than her, stealth to outspot many Non-IJN DDs, and have great 8km torpedo capability, which RU DDs don't have until Tier VIII in the tree.  It's a very broken DD still.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,219 posts
8,804 battles
15 minutes ago, gcangel82 said:

13 minutes ago, Lert said:

With OWSF gone the main reason for the Gremlin being on that list is gone.

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol isn’t that the truth, have seen enough “ never to be reasleased again” Tanks in Blitz come back, grated took a year or 2 with some of them, but oh boy did they make a major return...

So would not surprise me if things like that happened in WOWs too.

Exactly. The minute that I was able to buy the M6A2E1 in World of Tanks was when I knew that to WG no cow is sacred. 

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

With OWSF gone the main reason for the Gremlin being on that list is gone.

The Gremy does not seem to be too OP anymore, true.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,661 posts
14,042 battles

Well, this is WoWS.  We don't even have the gold ammo that a lot of you WoT boys have bitterly complained about as a WG practice.

[TASH]
Members
4,995 posts
7,919 battles

Missouri wasn't ever stated to not be sold again, just gonna be a while before she's added back to the tech tree.

Members
588 posts

I have so many hilarious Kamikaze stories.  Entire red fleet goes to C but both CVs stay at A .....oh the red fleet could have used some chat bans that day. Nothing like both of your CVs gone in the first two minutes then torps coming from behind.  So easy to just wreck BBs 

• Boring 1

Members
1,550 posts
9,834 battles
4 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

I would gladly play Kamikaze at any Tier. Belfast not so much.

So true. Never had a problem taking a Kami into a tier 7 battle. In fact the only think I care about going into battle with it is 1) CVs  2) where radar ships are located 3) How many enemy gunboats so that I can adjust my playstyle accordingly.  

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,308 battles
12 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Konig Albert wasn't avail in Santa Crates.  I did get Belfast, Nikolai, Kami, Gremy in 2017 Santa Crates.  I already had Kutuzov at that time.

And I got a rock in my crates. Wonder what it would be like to open a crate and find a ship??? I'm resigned to the fact that I will never know. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Exactly. The minute that I was able to buy the M6A2E1 in World of Tanks was when I knew that to WG no cow is sacred. 

Except the for things like  IS-3 Defender, after it’s initial campaign it has very rarely been available and even then only in near impossible raffle or Crate events. Lol it is like the Missouri of WOT Blitz.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
290 posts
9,612 battles

Why did the Konig Albert get removed? I got that way back when I started and it's a good ship, especially when top tier. But up against tier 4's, especially cvs, she's extremely vulnerable. My Kamikaze, with a 5.4 km detection rating, is fun at any tier.  Belfast is situational but always a threat. People also tend to lose their minds chasing her after getting set on fire a few dozen times. 

If WG was smart and money hungry, I just cracked myself up, then they'll put all of these ships into Santa Crates again this Christmas. 

• Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles
20 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Don't remind me: Should've bought Koenig Albert when I had the chance.

Me too. Didnt realize they were removing it or would have. So sad. :Smile_sad:

Maybe I will get lucky and get it from a crate like I have Belfast, Kutuzov, Nikolai, Gremy, and Kamikaze?

Edited by AdmiralThunder