You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M8i

What is the goal of this game?

24 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
1,756 battles

One might say "Oh it is to grind through tiers" but then what?

• Bad 4

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles

To enjoy yourself. That's the goal of any game, isn't it. Different people might find different things enjoyable, play for different reasons. But don't go looking for other meaning than that.

• Cool 3

[SF-A]
Members
2,843 posts
5,547 battles

Find a ship that you really like. The grinding is just people trying to see if higher-tier ships fit that description.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

What's the point of playing cards with friends? It's entertainment and social interaction.

[HINON]
Members
8,785 posts

I find playing multiple different lines keeps me from grinding. I'll get to the T10 when I get there as there isnt a big rush to T10 unless you impose it upon yourself.

• Bad 1

Members
4 posts
1,756 battles
Just now, theLaalaa said:

What's the point of playing cards with friends? It's entertainment and social interaction.

What I mean is this. In Super Mario Bros you need to save a princess. In Sonic the Hedgehog you need to fight a scientist. In Halo you defend humanity from aliens. In Mortal Kombat(at least the first one) you must win a tournament hosted by a sorcerer. So in World of Warships, what is the goal?

• Bad 3

[WPP]
Members
445 posts
5,058 battles

The goal of any game is to win.  The purpose is to enjoy oneself. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
146 posts
6,051 battles
3 minutes ago, M8i said:

What I mean is this. In Super Mario Bros you need to save a princess. In Sonic the Hedgehog you need to fight a scientist. In Halo you defend humanity from aliens. In Mortal Kombat(at least the first one) you must win a tournament hosted by a sorcerer. So in World of Warships, what is the goal?

To defend your base (or caps) from the big mean red ships.:cap_haloween:

Members
1,547 posts
9,796 battles

"To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before".

Nah, that's not it. nevermind...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,118 posts
8,741 battles

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

583 posts
9,213 battles
8 minutes ago, M8i said:

The only thing that has the type of Goals you are describing are the Operations.

Otherwise, this is probably not the game for you.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!

LOL good one BrushWolf LOL

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,497 posts
7,347 battles
16 minutes ago, M8i said:

All of those games have a defined endgame.  This one does not.  The purpose is to enjoy playing each battle, regardless of the tier, nation type, etc.

There are smaller "endgame" things to do.. socialize with your fellow players, collect badges and collections, do missions, campaigns,  rise through the ranks.

But, the main goal is just to enjoy the game as it is, regardless of your level.

I'll use the analogy of Martial Arts.. (seems fitting)  

What is the goal of Martial Arts practice?  To get a Black Belt?  No, that is just an indication of how much you have trained, and your level of proficiency. To win a tournament? No, that is a result of your training.

To be physically fit? There are lots of ways to do that..To be a badass? LOL, no that's pretty shallow.  

The goal of martial training is to constantly better yourself, and to enjoy the activity.

Edited by OtterWolf
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,118 posts
8,741 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

LOL good one BrushWolf LOL

Thanks but the reality is you make what you want of this game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Thanks but the reality is you make what you want of this game.

Amen, BUT just had a idea, I thinking having Conan as a Special Captain - and he says that instead of the Good Luck F12, what to you think?:Smile_honoring::cap_haloween::cap_haloween: 

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

Members
4 posts
1,756 battles
6 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

All of those games have a defined endgame.  This one does not.  The purpose is to enjoy playing each battle, regardless of the tier, nation type, etc.

There are smaller "endgame" things to do.. socialize with your fellow players, collect badges and collections, do missions, campaigns,  rise through the ranks.

But, the main goal is just to enjoy the game as it is, regardless of your level.

I see now thanks

• Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,298 posts
11,856 battles

The goal of this game is to get you to spend money, if you do so and still have fun then it is win win.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,118 posts
8,741 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Amen, BUT just had a idea, I thinking having Conan as a Special Captain - and he says that instead of the Good Luck F12, what to you think?:Smile_honoring::cap_haloween::cap_haloween: 

I love it but the cost to use it with the highly successful movies is going to be excessive. It would be an awesome sound mod though.

[SOUP]
7,291 posts

Personally... I think the main goal of this game.... is....
SOUP~!
thesoupchibi_by_chobittsu_studios-dc1ajr

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,497 posts
7,347 battles
2 minutes ago, M8i said:

I see now thanks

You are welcome.    One other thing to add..  I started this game almost three years ago.. Back then, each battle would be so intense, my heart would race, and if playing at night, I would have a hard time getting to sleep afterward..

It was amazing, and I had never experienced anything like it. (racing sailboats in heavy wind is close, but I can't do that every day at home)

Now, I get more happiness from making a kill in a difficult manner, or completing a particularly difficult mission.

Or, just playing an old favorite ship.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

To destroy your enemies, to hear the whines of battleship players, farm the tears of destroyer players, and cause cruiser players to rage impotently as you reign supreme in an all powerful aircraft carrier. To absolutely dominate your enemies, allowing your team to reign supreme as you destroy the enemy warships like an omnipotent god.  To leave the hulk's of thousands of sunken enemies in your wake as you give no chance to the pathetic playerbase. That is the goal of the game. 

At least to me anyways :D

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
49 minutes ago, M8i said:

There is no inherent end goal like you're describing.  In those games, they're essentially quest games.  WoWS is a PvP game without any quest to be completed to "win" the game.  The closest things to quests in WoWS are campaigns and I suppose the grinds to tier 10 ships.  But those don't end the game.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
11 minutes ago, megadeux said:

To destroy your enemies, to hear the whines of battleship players, farm the tears of destroyer players, and cause cruiser players to rage impotently as you reign supreme in an all powerful aircraft carrier. To absolutely dominate your enemies, allowing your team to reign supreme as you destroy the enemy warships like an omnipotent god.  To leave the hulk's of thousands of sunken enemies in your wake as you give no chance to the pathetic playerbase. That is the goal of the game. 

At least to me anyways :D

Conan!  What is best in life?

Members
4,438 posts
6,129 battles
46 minutes ago, galspanic said:

The goal of any game is to win.  The purpose is to enjoy oneself. 

Yup.  Nicely put.