Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Post Clan Battles Captain Respec's

10 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles

Just before clan battles, Wargaming allowed free respecs to get our captains ready for clan battles. Are they going to have a free respec period so we can respec our captains for randoms?

Members
130 posts
8,903 battles

In the past, you were allowed unlimited free respecs during that period. So it's a good time to test out different builds. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,405 battles
3 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

In the past, you were allowed unlimited free respecs during that period. So it's a good time to test out different builds. 

Yes, that was before Christmas.   Christmas is over.

I saw the same pattern last year. 

I am thankful for the generosity WG has shown in the past. 

However, I do not ruin their good deeds by feeling entitled and bawling like a baby when I don't get what I want.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
27 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Just before clan battles, Wargaming allowed free respecs to get our captains ready for clan battles. Are they going to have a free respec period so we can respec our captains for randoms?

The April Calendar (under the Apr 27 tab) identifies a respec period beginning April 25 until early May - it claims it’s for anyone who participated in Clan Battles so I’m not sure if this is a global respec opportunity that we had in the past (hopefully it will be).  If it did work like past respecs, this would do double duty as the chance to respec Clan Battle ships and Ranked Battle ships for the soon-to-start season.

Edited by hangglide42

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, hangglide42 said:

The April Calendar (under the Apr 27 tab) identifies a respec period beginning April 25 until early May - it claims it’s for anyone who participated in Clan Battles so I’m not sure if this is a global respec opportunity that we had in the past (hopefully it will be).  If it did work like past respecs, this would do double duty as the chance to respec Clan Battle ships and Ranked Battle ships for the soon-to-start season.

Thanks for the heads up.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

Yes, that was before Christmas.   Christmas is over.

I saw the same pattern last year. 

I am thankful for the generosity WG has shown in the past. 

However, I do not ruin their good deeds by feeling entitled and bawling like a baby when I don't get what I want.

I'm sorry, AVR, but I think that if WG is going to give a free respec before clan battles, they we have every right to feel entitled to a reciprocal free respec after clan battles.  The issue here is that in random battles, you're in an environment that includes the possibility of carriers and people would spec their captains accordingly.  But in Clan Battles, there are no carriers.  So, WG is essentially faced with starting a season of CBs without CVs that requires ships that people have set up with the presence of CV. I think that one can argue that so long as carriers are kept out of CBs (which I support), WG has a bit of a obligation to allow free captain respecs both before and after those CV-less clan battles seasons.

Now, I suppose if they wanted to limit their exposure, they could make it so that only captains of tier 10 ships could be  respecced.  But I think that that would be more effort than it's worth for WG, because simply charging nothing for respects is probably nothing more than changing the entry for "respec cost" in a database, which is just a data entry change rather than a coding change.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,405 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, AVR, but I think that if WG is going to give a free respec before clan battles, they we have every right to feel entitled to a reciprocal free respec after clan battles.  The issue here is that in random battles, you're in an environment that includes the possibility of carriers and people would spec their captains accordingly.  But in Clan Battles, there are no carriers.  So, WG is essentially faced with starting a season of CBs without CVs that requires ships that people have set up with the presence of CV. I think that one can argue that so long as carriers are kept out of CBs (which I support), WG has a bit of a obligation to allow free captain respecs both before and after those CV-less clan battles seasons.

Now, I suppose if they wanted to limit their exposure, they could make it so that only captains of tier 10 ships could be  respecced.  But I think that that would be more effort than it's worth for WG, because simply charging nothing for respects is probably nothing more than changing the entry for "respec cost" in a database, which is just a data entry change rather than a coding change.

Thanks.  I remember something like the captain skills reverting back to what they were before the respec at the beginning.

That would entail a snap-shot of everybody's skill specs back in December, then zap them back onto the ships of everyone who played clan battles.

I think that would be catastrophic since I've PAID to respec captains during this period, and having them changed back would be rather expensive.

Or maybe they've tagged only the captains on ships used for battle in Clan wars.  They've also reset skills after unloading the rentals, so they'd be reverted back too..  even if it was a respec'd CV captain that I replaced with another.

I looked at this and shook my head in disbelief at how much expense and salt this is going to cause.

I was thinking that doing nothing would be better than reverting the skills to December.

[BLUE_]
Members
1 post
6,338 battles

AVR, the way all clan war respecs have worked so far (2-3 times) is that the price to respec in doubloons and XP is set to zero for a short period of time.  It has applied to all captains no matter the ship they were attached to.  There is no automatic "reverting" of captain skills, you must choose to respec.  Previously, they have announced it on the front page well in advance...so, people are asking because the "announcement" so far is tucked away under the April mission page and not immediately obvious on the front page like it was the last 2-3 times.  The same can be said for the ship modifications as well.

Wargaming, to my knowledge, has never reverted any captain to a previous build...doing so would open them up to too many legal issues (due to the real money cost of doubloons).  They have, in the past, due to significant skill changes, refunded all skill points to allow players to reallocate skill points for free.

Edited by GoiterNinja

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

Gimme gimme gimme.  Ugh.  Spend some dubloons or captain XP if you have to, or use the same capt skills for ranked.  WG shouldn't give them away for free every time.:Smile_facepalm:

B

Sign in to follow this