You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Baineblade

Yamamoto Isoroku Collection drops

27 comments in this topic

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
30 posts
4,048 battles

Has anyone else noticed in the past week or two that they've kinda...Stopped? I've not had one in at least 5 days of playing and it's starting to concern me.

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

You didn't turn it off, did you.  At one point I did but forgot to turn it back on again and I was like, "what?"

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
30 posts
4,048 battles
6 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

You didn't turn it off, did you.  At one point I did but forgot to turn it back on again and I was like, "what?"

No, no it's set to collecting. So...I'm not sure what's up.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,197 posts
7,158 battles

I got 2 yesterday. I only need I think 2 more pieces (or another 6-7 duplicates) to complete the collection.

[AHOY_]
Members
1 post
8,745 battles

I just noticed this problem as of May 9th for myself. 

The collectibles used to appear with every container right up until then and now nothing. not even duplicates!  I checked to see if the collection was enabled and it is, and i reset it a couple times and so far nothing.

I've submitted a few tickets but customer support is proving worthless because none of the replies accurately acknowledged the issue and instead sent links with little relevance.

I'm tempted to uninstall and reinstall, see what that does. Otherwise this could be a bug =[

[ARGSY]
Members
5,780 posts
3,925 battles

I'm getting them regularly, right up to last night.

[DNTZ]
Members
198 posts
11,203 battles

If I get two crates - I will usually get a collection item in one of them.

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
11,580 battles
On 4/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, Baineblade said:

Has anyone else noticed in the past week or two that they've kinda...Stopped? I've not had one in at least 5 days of playing and it's starting to concern me.

Just completed my set, never noticed a pattern.  

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
789 posts
5,772 battles

Ahoy Fleet,

If you're having problems with content in-game, please contact Player Support for how to enable collections.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/590/607/608/611/

Make sure you provide as much detail about what you're experiencing and when you noticed it first.

#anchorsaweigh

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

Been a few days since I played (stupid work) but my 3 daily crates each had a piece for me.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

It's very spotty, no pattern actually... I've been trying to figure out if there's something I can do to ensure the pieces actually drop with the crates. I don't believe they're promised with every crate are they? If so, yeah, I've been short-sheeted a lot.

In fact today I was thinking how long it will take to complete the collection. I usually do enough for two crates a day. Quite often I can go a few crates without any collectibles. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
286 posts
9,603 battles

Got collection items in two out of three crates today. 

[PRDEF]
Members
66 posts
3,386 battles

Managed to get the same duplicate item in both of my crates so far today.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

First drop of the day, achieved in one match, got no collectibles.

So are the collectibles dropping a "random thing" to appear? A roll of the dice? Or are they meant to be every crate? Have they said? 

UPDATE: Second drop of the day got no collectibles, nothing, zero, nada, squatch. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[SSGS]
Members
65 posts
12,321 battles

How do I get this collection?  I don't have anything like this dropping, nor do I have any Yammamoto collection even open.  Is this something I have to enable somehow? like the HSF collection?

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,901 posts
3,282 battles

Collectables, to my understanding, is random. Has a high chance of appearing, but there is still a chance there won't be one. That is my understanding of how these collections work.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,901 posts
3,282 battles
57 minutes ago, MrYee said:

How do I get this collection?  I don't have anything like this dropping, nor do I have any Yammamoto collection even open.  Is this something I have to enable somehow? like the HSF collection?

You have to obtain and open a Yamamoto container. You get one for completing the final task of the Yamamoto Isoroku campaign. Once that container is open, and you have your first two collection items, then you'll start seeing them.

You can also purchase a Yamamoto container from the premium shop, so that you don't have to wait to complete the campaign first. I received my first container when I purchased the Ishizuchi steam bundle for $5.00.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Collectables, to my understanding, is random. Has a high chance of appearing, but there is still a chance there won't be one. That is my understanding of how these collections work.

Was over 50% iirc, 65 sticks in my head for some reason, but unsure, its been a while since yamato collection released...

Members
309 posts

You're supposed to buy the crates from the shop, not grind normal crates for them, silly.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,331 posts
9,415 battles
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, MrYee said:

Right now, today, it'll cost you $15 US.  This will get you 5 Yamamoto crates.

Once you open your first Yamamoto Crate, the collection kicks in, and you will start getting random additional pieces added to your 3 daily 'earned' crates.

They randomly happen - I've gone 5-6 crates without any additional pieces, then 5 pieces in 5 drops in a row from the daily crate drops.

The ratio of duplicates to convert to missing ones are 5:1.

Once the collection kicks in, you can access it under your profile collections.  Make sure the 'COLLECT' block is enabled.  If you also have the High School Fleet going on, it will automatically deselect them (only one at a time).  Important note, the HSF is expiring some day soon, so one might want to complete this first.  Yamamoto is not going away.

HOWEVER...  If you are cheap and don't want to spend the $15 US...   then complete the Yamamoto Special Tier 8+ Campaing and you will get your first crate.  In the past, we could buy ONE crate for $3..  but that offer has passed.  Now, the minimum is 5 at $15.