Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog - ST. Abruzzi, Prinz Eugen

42 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles

ST. Italian cruiser Duca degli Abruzzi, tier VII, German cruiser Prinz Eugen, tier VIII.

Citadel repair percentage of the Repair Party consumable is set to 33%. This increases the cruisers' survivability and allows for better utilisation of their combat potential.

F4A04B14-A980-4262-8B78-475C5108EE5E.jpeg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,666 posts
9,977 battles

I am somewhat surprised this was ever 10% as the only cruiser with 10% I knew of was Graf Spee, others getting 33% except the RN CL with 50%.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles

Ive been downvoted twice in two days for sinking a T10 KM BB with Eugen, and once for doing it with Hindy, by sailing right on up and torping them.

And now WeeGee is giving my Eugen a heal. *faints dead away*

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles

While I still see heal on Abruzzi as being out of place, it seems fitting for the Eugen.

• Boring 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Ive been downvoted twice in two days for sinking a T10 KM BB with Eugen, and once for doing it with Hindy, by sailing right on up and torping them.

And now WeeGee is giving my Eugen a heal. *faints dead away*

Downvoted?! That's exactly how a battleship should end their battle- as a sinking, burning, rotting corpse.

Good on you, keep up the good work! You're doing your part to cull the herd.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 4

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts

Sounds like they're really making an effort to buff Prinz Eugen to where it needs to be.

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles

I'm happy with this. The Prinz Eugen isn't very good but I seriously like playing her and this will actually make her competitive. The next patch can't come soon enough.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Sounds like they're really making an effort to buff Prinz Eugen to where it needs to be.

Yeah I have had it for like like a year now but have kept in Port as I waited for this to happen. I knew they would buff it just didn't think it would take over a year to do it. I'm happy :) 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,037 posts
7,609 battles
58 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

While I still see heal on Abruzzi as being out of place, it seems fitting for the Eugen.

If it's any consolation, the heal doesn't help Abruzzi.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,196 posts
7,608 battles
18 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Do tell.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Yes do tell Mouse, heal is exactly what some people were saying she needed. Of course, NDA and all, I'm sure the juicy details will all be in the inevitable review. This is still a ship I'm excited for, finally my d'Aosta will have company in port!

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles
17 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I am both sorry to hear that and completely unsurprised. I hope that it hasn't been too much of a bear for you to play. 

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,210 battles
40 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I know you have a lot on your plate, but have you done any PE testing with the heal? 

[WG-CC]
9,037 posts
7,609 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Do tell.

1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Yes do tell Mouse, heal is exactly what some people were saying she needed.

1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

I know you have a lot on your plate, but have you done any PE testing with the heal? 

Abruzzi has never had problems with incremental damage.  Because of her armour layout, she brawls very well against enemy cruisers -- especially British light cruisers.  Her agility and handling also facilitate this.  It wasn't damage being done by cruisers or destroyers (or the occasional aircraft strike) that made Abruzzi such an awful experience.  It's battleships.

Abruzzi prints Devastating Strike medals.  Think of all of the jokes you've ever heard regarding Pensacola and Omaha-class cruisers being easy to citadel.  Abruzzi is worse.  Her Repair Party simply guarantees that when a battleship does eventually look her way, she will be at near full health when they spray her innards across a quarter mile of open ocean in a horrendous one-shot kablooie.  Repair Party was implemented to help ensure that Abruzzi would have more time in game to make up for her bad (nay, terrible) firepower.  It hasn't done that.  The timer still stops anytime a battleship takes a vague interest in her candy-cane striped butt.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,401 battles
12 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Repair Party was implemented to help ensure that Abruzzi would have more time in game to make up for her bad (nay, terrible) firepower.  It hasn't done that.  The timer still stops anytime a battleship takes a vague interest in her candy-cane striped butt.

Ouch

[WG-CC]
9,037 posts
7,609 battles

I do not envy the devs on trying to balance Abruzzi.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,666 posts
9,977 battles
4 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Well, they could give it the Z-39 treatment...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles
3 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
40 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Well isn’t that ship and Duca like copies of the Russian T5-T8?  Ergo the play style should be the same no?  I remember way back when Russian cruisers were released that the biggest complaint was how much lack-of-armor these ships had, let alone their manuverability.

I’m not saying nor encouraging WG to make a direct copy of an existing line, but a ship with weak armor and long in length?  It’s been done before in the form of, again, Russian ships.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 hour ago, Airglide2 said:

Well isn’t that ship and Duca like copies of the Russian T5-T8?  Ergo the play style should be the same no?  I remember way back when Russian cruisers were released that the biggest complaint was how much lack-of-armor these ships had, let alone their manuverability.

I’m not saying nor encouraging WG to make a direct copy of an existing line, but a ship with weak armor and long in length?  It’s been done before in the form of, again, Russian ships.

That’s because the Italians designed and helped design some of the Russian ships. When the Russian started designing their next ships they kept some of the design traits from the Italian designs.

It’s why a lot of Russian ships look similar to Italian ships and have some of the same characteristics.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Abruzzi has never had problems with incremental damage.  Because of her armour layout, she brawls very well against enemy cruisers -- especially British light cruisers.  Her agility and handling also facilitate this.  It wasn't damage being done by cruisers or destroyers (or the occasional aircraft strike) that made Abruzzi such an awful experience.  It's battleships.

Abruzzi prints Devastating Strike medals.  Think of all of the jokes you've ever heard regarding Pensacola and Omaha-class cruisers being easy to citadel.  Abruzzi is worse.  Her Repair Party simply guarantees that when a battleship does eventually look her way, she will be at near full health when they spray her innards across a quarter mile of open ocean in a horrendous one-shot kablooie.  Repair Party was implemented to help ensure that Abruzzi would have more time in game to make up for her bad (nay, terrible) firepower.  It hasn't done that.  The timer still stops anytime a battleship takes a vague interest in her candy-cane striped butt.

That's the impression I got of the one Abruzzi I saw being tested.  She was being driven by a known, purple stat player, and he played it like a whipped dog, running from island to island, and dancing when he couldn't stealth.  Sure, he got focused a lot more than a normal player would (everyone likes to shoot at the new ships) but I wasn't impressed at all and felt bad for the guy who had to run it.  It didn't look like he was enjoying his game at all.

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
4 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

That’s because the Italians designed and helped design some of the Russian ships. When the Russian started designing their next ships they kept some of the design traits from the Italian designs.

It’s why a lot of Russian ships look similar to Italian ships and have some of the same characteristics.

Yes I am aware of that fact. Maybe I shouldn't have put "like" in that sentence, my bad.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Yes I am aware of that fact. Maybe I shouldn't have put "like" in that sentence, my bad.

My bad for misunderstanding it.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,582 posts
14,010 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Hipper, Prinz, and NOLA have been terrible Tier VIII Cruisers.  All 3 needed some sort of help.

NOLA is getting reshuffled to Tier VII, and Baltimore is looking real good in Tier VIII configuration, far better than NOLA ever was.

Hipper is getting faster guns, Prinz will have staying power.

Sign in to follow this