You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

Anyone else have problems with WG's voice coms?

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles

I started out yesterday playing 7 games alone with my DDs and no problems whatsoever. Game ran smooth as silk with low pings and smooth sailing. Then my buddy showed up that has voice coms. I only have regular chat but I have voice coms activated so that i can hear him. We division up and pick our ships (cruisers) and hit Battle. I wait and wait and wait and wait and then get into battle, hit the full ahead screen and bam...sent to the sign-on screen. Disconnected. So I hit connect and wait and wait and wait and then finally get in the battle to see my Algerie go belly-up. I go back to base and my buddy is yelling at me for crashing into an island. I explain I lost connection right after hitting the W key. So we try again. This time, I wait and wait and wait and bam...back to log-in screen. Hit Connect and wait and wait and back to Log-in screen. This happens 5 times and then I am back at port and I have lost credits. My buddy gave up on waiting for me and went solo. So I realize the only difference was we were divisioned and I had voice chat enabled. So I go in and disable voice chat. Hit the Battle screen and 4 seconds later...poof...I am in the preliminary screen waiting for the rest of the team to arrive. Play the battle in the Lyon and make a ton of credits and sink 2 ships. Low pings and rock solid connection. I don't think the problem is divisioning. I have done that often before and not experienced disconnects. So I ask....is anyone else having problems with WG's voice coms and their connection? Can voice coms screw up the connection and cause disconnects? 

Edited by Deputy276

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
22 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I'm curious if anyone else on the forums has even tried the in-game voice comms lol.

Not successfully.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,877 posts
9,970 battles

I have tried multiple times, either one of us or the other can hear but can't speak, or some such.  Not once have I ever gotten it to work properly.

Members
9,862 posts

Has it ever worked properly? (Never even tried it, but certainly seems like it's had issues for along time.)

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles

Im 95% sure the entire team and enemy team can hear you yelling at each other....

last KOTS game we played against a clan that used in game comms and we could hear them yelling their strats and we just instantly countered with ease

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles

Thanks for the replies. I have it turned off for good. All my connections have been rock solid since I disabled it. Go figure. :Smile_ohmy: