Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Correcting the Misinformation

22 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles

Felt I should put many of the community’s fears and concerns to rest. The concern over TKer’s ruining PVE player’s games is likely unwarranted. Most likely though the Orange players will be sent into special Co-Op matches where only bots are on both teams, so they will be all alone with nothing but Bots to annoy lol. Notice how Announcements over the changes said it was only Co-Op and not Scenerio? And that Orange players will have to prove themselves before getting to play matches with other human players with them?

[NMKJT]
Members
2,682 posts
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Felt I should put many of the community’s fears and concerns to rest. The concern over TKer’s ruining PVE player’s games is likely unwarranted. Most likely though the Orange players will be sent into special Co-Op matches where only bots are on both teams, so they will be all alone with nothing but Bots to annoy lol. Notice how Announcements over the changes said it was only Co-Op and not Scenerio? And that Orange players will have to prove themselves before getting to play matches with other human players with them?

Anything to support this?

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
4 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Is this stated somewhere or your opinion?

Yeah I remember reading about the penalty in the update test notes. It did say they would have to prove themselves capable of rejoining battles with humans. And Wargaming is more than capable of creating full bot teams lol.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,682 posts
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I remember reading about the penalty in the update test notes. It did say they would have to prove themselves capable of rejoining battles with humans. And Wargaming is more than capable of creating full bot teams lol.

I'v seen this but it doesn't say who makes up the rest of their team, just that the other team will be bots. 

Capture.PNG.3164b4df0d9bbb2154a56938df18

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
9 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I'v seen this but it doesn't say who makes up the rest of their team, just that the other team will be bots. 

Capture.PNG.3164b4df0d9bbb2154a56938df18

Look closely, “ To Regain encounters with Real players....”

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,682 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That can be interpreted as players on the other side. I don't see this as conclusive myself, could just be interpretation

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

It would be bizarre if WG pushed all the TKers onto the co-op community. Bizarre, and interesting. I would love to see the reaction.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

That can be interpreted as players on the other side. I don't see this as conclusive myself, could just be interpretation

Yeah trouble is it’s translated from Russian more than likely which leads to the confusion, but if a TKer enjoys killing allied ships the the last thing you want to do is give them such access. So between the message and logic, it makes sense to give he Orange players bot team mates.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Pls add  :Smile_great: in Random - Ranked and Scenario battles. Only thing is in co-op you will see pink and orange in your team. Now if they keep
intentionally grieving in co-op, then a 3 month or a perma ban should be slapped on there account. 

Edited by Crusin_Custard
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
1 minute ago, RichelieuKaiNi said:

It would be bizarre if WG pushed all the TKers onto the co-op community. Bizarre, and interesting. I would love to see the reaction.

Just start looking up the new penalty discussion threads, they are reacting already... :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

".. in random, ranked and scenario battles." it doesn't say there won't be real players in the co-op matches.

while i agree this would be preferable, it doesn't say that's what they're doing. we haven't had a definitive answer from the devs about it either. we'll just have to see.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,682 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah trouble is it’s translated from Russian more than likely which leads to the confusion, but if a TKer enjoys killing allied ships the the last thing you want to do is give them such access. So between the message and logic, it makes sense to give he Orange players bot team mates.

Yeah, even agree it's a good idea, just skeptical at this point is all

[NMKJT]
Members
2,682 posts

Just start looking up HESH new penalty discussion threads, they are reacting already... :Smile_teethhappy:

I thought about being outraged for about 5 seconds, then realized whenever I turn pink, I get in my Hashidate and go pew pew in coop until I wash away the pink. 

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,314 posts
9,414 battles

The additional levels of punishment aren't really a big thing to 99.99% of the players. The non-problem children will be more careful and scrub the pink off, and go along their way. The actually problem children will end up orange and be easier for WG to deal with. I think adding AFK'ers and Quitters to the system is a small plus, it'll be interesting to see how many AFK'er and Quitters end up orange or banned compared to Team Damage/TK's.

[AXANR]
Members
3,362 posts
16,553 battles

I don't begin to understand why people play co-op only (I only use it to complete missions if needed, or to blow rust off when I haven't played a ship for a while), but it;s been stated many times that a third or so of WoWS players do exactly that. And they have the right to play the game too. I think it would be a poor decision to just foist TKers off on co-op without making them play only with other TKers and bots; co-op players would have a right to be angry that WG is banning TKers from PvP but shoving them into co-op and increasing the # of TKers there. 

There are some things that I am OK with as far as preferential treatment for PVP, such as economy, difficult missions, and campaigns. PVP is harder and should be rewarded commensurately. But I can't fault PVE players for being annoyed if WG makes them play with TKers more just to protect random battles.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
11,361 battles

Hmm, I don't see any evidence to back up your position. The line 'encounters with human players' imply the enemy teams make up, not the allied team.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
55 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

I don't begin to understand why people play co-op only (I only use it to complete missions if needed, or to blow rust off when I haven't played a ship for a while), but it;s been stated many times that a third or so of WoWS players do exactly that. And they have the right to play the game too. I think it would be a poor decision to just foist TKers off on co-op without making them play only with other TKers and bots; co-op players would have a right to be angry that WG is banning TKers from PvP but shoving them into co-op and increasing the # of TKers there. 

There are some things that I am OK with as far as preferential treatment for PVP, such as economy, difficult missions, and campaigns. PVP is harder and should be rewarded commensurately. But I can't fault PVE players for being annoyed if WG makes them play with TKers more just to protect random battles.

Thank you, I agree it is a shame that WG did not think this out very well, I have been pink (I am sure a lot of us have been) and I am a PVE player, who does do Random and Ranked (NOT Clan Battles :P ) at times.

So this does feel a little like WG giving PvE a finger, but I will just deal with it. A lot of players work off their Pink in Co-Op now so except for the hard core TK'ers I do think it will matter much.

I would like to see them stuck on teams of all bots and other TK'ers. So I see how it will go with the new way, and get ready to send a lot of tickets to WG with player's names on it.:Smile_honoring:

[EQRN]
Members
312 posts
8,672 battles

Random battles with nothing but bots and orange would be funny.  As anyone who’s been the only human in a co op battle would know, if RNG isn’t with your team bots, your chances of winning are low.  By having this in Random could trash their WR for those that care about it.

[USCC2]
Members
3,434 posts
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And where is your source material from. I mean, if it is suppose to be an alternative form of Co-Op then great, that will put a lot of people's minds at rest, because at the moment it seems WG want to take bad players from one group of customers and dump them with another.

At the moment the briefing:  Announcements over the changes said it was only Co-Op and not Scenerio? And that Orange players will have to prove themselves before getting to play matches with other human players with them? Just indicates to me that WG do not care about those human players in their game who play Co-Op, not that they have created a whole new Co-Op mode for the bad players.

I know which one I'm inclined to believe, but wait in hope for your link. :Smile_honoring:

Beta Testers
217 posts
On 4/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

If you'd bothered to do any testing (because you know - Public Test Server)  instead of just assuming you understand how it works, you'd know that Orange players  just get sent to the regular Co-op queue not some special "Bot-only coop"

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,816 posts
On 4/18/2018 at 2:05 AM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I love it.  A private little hell for TKers.  LOL

Sign in to follow this