Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Win Rate Keep Increasing But No Idea Why

21 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles

Average damage, average kills, average k/d remains pretty much the same. Survival rate actually decreased. But just kept winning games for some reason.

Feels like the average match quality decreased by quite a bit, bad teammate and bad opponents.

Anyone else feels like getting higher win rates for no reason?

[TF57]
Members
1,238 posts
3,920 battles

It's just luck. Or MM. Or perhaps the "weekend players" were on the other team this weekend.

Certainly your skill cannot have influenced it...

• Funny 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

More damage doesnt equal a win

Oh yes this is so true . Almost every time I have reached a new highest damage mark has been a loss .

:Smile_honoring:

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

improvement doesn't always equate to better stats. if you're playing for the team and positioning better, you could be influencing the win even without having a personally better performance. it's not always immediately obvious when certain things start to click.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
56 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Average damage, average kills, average k/d remains pretty much the same. Survival rate actually decreased. But just kept winning games for some reason.

Feels like the average match quality decreased by quite a bit, bad teammate and bad opponents.

Your WTR and avg damage charts mirror your win rate chart so your perception is not exactly in line with reality. You are in fact producing more during matches and your win rate is reflecting that. Solid performance at that so kudos. 

I never thought my wife could get even more affectionate than she already is but she's been lately and I haven't changed. 

I don't have the luxury of performance metrics to explain it, but I just finished building her this so maybe that's why:

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

When we improve sometimes it seems like everyone else got worse, but what's more likely? You improving or everyone else getting worse? It's an absolutely adorable, yet sadly common, misconception in many communities. You could've improved by simply positioning yourself better or focusing destroyers more often. Who knows?

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,457 battles
23 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Your WTR and avg damage charts mirror your win rate chart so your perception is not exactly in line with reality. You are in fact producing more during matches and your win rate is reflecting that. Solid performance at that so kudos. 

I never thought my wife could get even more affectionate than she already is but she's been lately and I haven't changed. 

I don't have the luxury of performance metrics to explain it, but I just finished building her this so maybe that's why:

Yeap, that will do it. Now you made her feel like a hollywood star :Smile_teethhappy:  

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

Damage isn't gonna always win games, a lot of times damage farming is selfish. Sounds to me like you might just be making better decisions to help your team win as opposed to fluffing your own score.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
6 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Oh yes this is so true . Almost every time I have reached a new highest damage mark has been a loss .

:Smile_honoring:

Agreed.  I actually had my best damage game ever just last week, 219k damage in my Hindenberg, in a loss.  But to be fair, it wasn't one of those battles where my team was behind and I was just hard to kill and doing a lot of garbage time damage.  The battle was rather close the entire time, and I was just having one hell of a game that could have gone either way.  It just happened to end as a loss.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles
6 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Depends on the time frame.  It can be a short term or long term thing.  If short term, it can just be a run of good luck with MM, team mates, enemy teams, etc.  If longer term, those things tend to even out and maybe you're just playing a little bit better and doing things that are increasing your chances of winning.

Members
17,780 posts
5,084 battles
5 hours ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Maybe she's pregnant. That's what happened with my wife before we found out. Of course, it only lasted a few weeks, and then I had to pinch her cheek to make sure she wasn't a honey badger wearing a wife costume lol.....

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
196 posts
5,645 battles
7 hours ago, NeutralState said:

In my opinion.. there is a noticeable difference in quality of players depending on time of play and if clan wars are going on...

Weekdays prior to 5pm, Weekend mornings, and times during clan battles tend to have weaker players in randoms in my opinion.  There is also less unicum divisioning it seems during these times.

Edited by Simers72

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles
25 minutes ago, Simers72 said:

In my opinion.. there is a noticeable difference in quality of players depending on time of play and if clan wars are going on...

Weekdays prior to 5pm, Weekend mornings, and times during clan battles tend to have weaker players in randoms in my opinion.  There is also less unicum divisioning it seems during these times.

I play a lot in the mornings and afternoons on weekdays and while i rarely see unicums I also rarely see many of the truly terrible players.  In my experience the match quality on weekdays is solid but not spectacular in the late morning to early afternoon, decreases noticeably around 2-3 ET when school lets out, and becomes highly variable in the evening.  For me the best times to play are 10-2 and 6-8 ET, but I don't play much earlier or much later than those times with any regularity. 

Members
567 posts
75 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Maybe she's pregnant. That's what happened with my wife before we found out. Of course, it only lasted a few weeks, and then I had to pinch her cheek to make sure she wasn't a honey badger wearing a wife costume lol.....

She is pregnant lol. Reason why I built the vanity because she used to climb into the bathroom sink to get close enough to the mirror to put makeup on. And now that she's in her second trimester she can't do that anymore.

Members
17,780 posts
5,084 battles
1 minute ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

She is pregnant lol. Reason why I built the vanity because she used to climb into the bathroom sink to get close enough to the mirror to put makeup on.

Lol nice! Just hope she doesn't start up again after the little one comes.

Otherwise, one day when they are about 3, you'll walk into the bathroom and see your toddler perched atop a tottering pile of items, trying to climb into the sink! :Smile_teethhappy:

P.S. I will live to regret teaching my 3-yr old daughter to "pull my finger" lol.

Just keep in mind, they're capable of surprising logic when arguing, you'll be playing the "because I said" card more than you think.

1 minute ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

And now that she's in her second trimester she can't do that anymore.

My wife didn't gain enough weight to hamper her mobility much, but that's about when somebody swapped her nose for Jimmy Durante's :Smile_teethhappy:

Grats though! It's a rollercoaster ride, but having a kid was the best thing I ever did.

And, because we needed to do IVF, best $7k I ever spent! :Smile_teethhappy:

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,336 battles
1 hour ago, Simers72 said:

It also gets weird after midnight EST, the teams get pretty heavy.  Mid-day weekday Warships is by far the worst Warships I've experienced though.

Edited by Deviathan

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
9 hours ago, NeutralState said:

As others have stated, it may be because you are thinking more about where you go, when you go there, who you shoot, and why.  You're looking at the overall big picture, instead of just yourself.  Your individual performance is the same, but now that performance is being better applied and is contributing more to the team effort, and you're winning more as a result.

Along with that, the harder you work, the more it may seem that those around you aren't committing as much.  Might explain that average quality drop you mentioned.  It comes with the territory, no matter what you do.  At work, on the court, in this game, etc.

...or you could just be lucky.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kuckoo

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles
7 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

As others have stated, it may be because you are thinking more about where you go, when you go there, who you shoot, and why.  You're looking at the overall big picture, instead of just yourself.  Your individual performance is the same, but now that performance is being better applied and is contributing more to the team effort, and you're winning more as a result.

Along with that, the harder you work, the more it may seem that those around you aren't committing as much.  Might explain that average quality drop you mentioned.  It comes with the territory, no matter what you do.  At work, on the court, in this game, etc.

...or you could just be lucky.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Behavior wise, only thing that's different is me playing less on average. Now only plays 5-6 games for two crates. Maybe alertness i a contributing factor.

Match quality wise, a lot more one sided games.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

to streak, or not to streak 

No this is a multi weeks trend, not just a day or two. well, more like multi months at this point.

Edited by NeutralState

Sign in to follow this