You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

[STW-D]
Members
1,849 posts
5,651 battles

Apparently the new update, apart from reducing Midway's reserves to 166 planes, also buffs Hakuryu's strike loadout from 2-3-3 to 3-3-2.

Midway may have needed a nerf in some areas (let's not pretend Midway's 2-2-2 with tier 10 fighters wasn't more powerful than Hakuryuu) or Hakuryu a buff, but I'd say this goes too far.

Midway's hanger reduction already put Midway, who fields slower and more fragile fighters and bombers against Hakuryu, at a disadvantage that even USN fighter squadron numbers and strafing power cannot compensate for. Some players have suggested a return to tier 10 planes, but no mention of that has been made in the dev blogs so far.

The final straw is this new Hakuryu buff, so that now not only does Hakuryuu have more and better bombers than Midway (dive bombers aside, but RNGsus is always at work there more for the USN than IJN) but now she also wields complete fighter superiority over Midway, with more squadrons, more planes, and better planes.

This is, of course, not to mention Hakuryu's 4-2-2 loadout, which already Midway has trouble (if not being completely incapable of countering thanks to her singular loadout) countering, and which 3-3-2 Hakuryu completely obsoletes anyways.

Now, I don't think Midway, even if she got tier 10 planes now, is capable of competing against Hakuryu.

As a player (some say a madman) who has grinded up the USN CV all the way to Essex from the dark days before the USN CV rework and when strafing out and all those other mechanics were still being implemented, I ask WG, why?

Why do you so hate the tech-tree USN CVs and their captains?

Why make it so that the only CVs that can compete in the middle and upper tiers are premiums?

Why make all USN CV players question the existence of the grind, suffer the pain of Rangers fighting Saipans and Kagas, Lexingtons fighting Enterprise, Shokaku, and Graf Zeppelin, Essex being constantly outnumbered and outmaneuvered by Taiho, only to find the pinnacle of suffering and anger at the very end of the line?

Is it all the kantai players and weebs that whine and moan every time their waifu's defeat and death gets mentioned, or is it members of the CV-mafia elite that play nothing but IJN and protest every time they come across actual competition from a USN CV?

Ahem...I did promise a eulogy, and here it is (based upon blood on the risers):

He was just a rookie Midway and he surely shook with fright,
He checked all his upgrades and his premium consumables;
He had to sit and listen to that awful queuing noise,
"You ain't gonna sail no more!"

(CHORUS)
Gory, gory, what a hell of a line to grind,
He ain't gonna sail no more!

"Is everything balanced?" asked Wargaming from their a**,
The captain trembled out a "No," and then they matched him up;
He entered into the freezing blue, his planes flying away,
And he ain't gonna sail no more.

(CHORUS)

He scrolled around, he moused around, he waited for the gap,
For the fighters, cruisers, defensive AA ships all to move out
He saw his target unaware and set his manual drop
And he ain't gonna sail no more.

(CHORUS)

And suddenly came red fighters, swinging back around
Grober Kurfurst's AA was already opening up
Hakuryu set the strafing run and his fighters charged right in

(CHORUS)

The ships he'd sailed and loved and sang kept floating through his mind,
He thought about his Enterprise, the one he'd left in port;
He thought about the Saipans, and their tier 9 bombers,

(CHORUS)

The fighters was already lost, locked in a vain dogfight,
The teammates swore and screamed with rage, they right clicked and reported,
For it had been expected that a USN CV would fail,

(CHORUS)

Group 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 destroyed was all that he could hear;
The enemy CV and his AA-spec div-mates all said "git gud"
He stopped there, watching all his planes slowly rearm and load,

(CHORUS)

(slowly, solemnly; about half the speed of the other verses)
There were wrecks upon the oceans, there were curses all in chat,
Twenty three reports were hanging out from his place in port,
His mouse right-clicked on Midway and moved over to "sell"

(CHORUS)

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
14 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Apparently the new update, apart from reducing Midway's reserves to 96 planes, also buffs Hakuryu's strike loadout from 2-3-3 to 3-3-2.

Midway may have needed a nerf in some areas (let's not pretend Midway's 2-2-2 with tier 10 fighters wasn't more powerful than Hakuryuu) or Hakuryu a buff, but I'd say this goes too far.

Midway's hanger reduction already put Midway, who fields slower and more fragile fighters and bombers against Hakuryu, at a disadvantage that even USN fighter squadron numbers and strafing power cannot compensate for. Some players have suggested a return to tier 10 planes, but no mention of that has been made in the dev blogs so far.

The final straw is this new Hakuryu buff, so that now not only does Hakuryuu have more and better bombers than Midway (dive bombers aside, but RNGsus is always at work there more for the USN than IJN) but now she also wields complete fighter superiority over Midway, with more squadrons, more planes, and better planes.

This is, of course, not to mention Hakuryu's 4-2-2 loadout, which already Midway has trouble (if not being completely incapable of countering thanks to her singular loadout) countering, and which 3-3-2 Hakuryu completely obsoletes anyways.

Now, I don't think Midway, even if she got tier 10 planes now, is capable of competing against Hakuryu.

As a player (some say a madman) who has grinded up the USN CV all the way to Essex from the dark days before the USN CV rework and when strafing out and all those other mechanics were still being implemented, I ask WG, why?

Why make it so that the only CVs that can compete in the middle and upper tiers are premiums?

Why make all USN CV players question the existence of the grind, suffer the pain of Rangers fighting Saipans and Kagas, Lexingtons fighting Enterprise, Shokaku, and Graf Zeppelin, Essex being constantly outnumbered and outmaneuvered by Taiho, only to find the pinnacle of suffering and anger at the very end of the line?

Is it all the kantai players and weebs that whine and moan every time their waifu's defeat and death gets mentioned, or is it members of the CV-mafia elite that play nothing but IJN and protest every time they come across actual competition from a USN CV?

did you read the whole thing there not nerfing the midway hanger to 96 anymore there dropping it down to 116 so its only losing 20 planes.

[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,265 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Apparently the new update, apart from reducing Midway's reserves to 96 planes, also buffs Hakuryu's strike loadout from 2-3-3 to 3-3-2.

Ahem...I did promise a eulogy, and here it is (based upon blood on the risers):

He was just a rookie Midway and he surely shook with fright,
He checked all his upgrades and his premium consumables;
He had to sit and listen to that awful queuing noise,
"You ain't gonna sail no more!"

(CHORUS)
He ain't gonna sail no more!

"Is everything balanced?" asked Wargaming from their a**,
The captain trembled out a "No," and then they matched him up;
He entered into the freezing blue, his planes flying away,

(CHORUS)

He scrolled around, he moused around, he waited for the gap,
For the fighters, cruisers, defensive AA ships all to move out
He saw his target unaware and set his manual drop

(CHORUS)

And suddenly came red fighters, swinging back around
Grober Kurfurst's AA was already opening up
Hakuryu set the strafing run and his fighters charged right in

(CHORUS)

The ships he'd sailed and loved and sang kept floating through his mind,
He thought about his Enterprise, the one he'd left in port;
He thought about the Saipans, and their tier 9 bombers,

(CHORUS)

The fighters was already lost, locked in a vain dogfight,
The teammates swore and screamed with rage, they right clicked and reported,
For it had been expected that a USN CV would fail,

(CHORUS)

Group 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 destroyed was all that he could hear;
The enemy CV and his AA-spec div-mates all said "git gud"
He stopped there, watching all his planes slowly rearm and load,

(CHORUS)

(slowly, solemnly; about half the speed of the other verses)
There were wrecks upon the oceans, there were curses all in chat,
Twenty three reports were hanging out from his place in port,
His mouse right-clicked on Midway and moved over to "sell"

(CHORUS)

Always wanted to quote such a long post lol.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[STW-D]
Members
1,849 posts
5,651 battles
3 hours ago, ausanimal said:

did you read the whole thing there not nerfing the midway hanger to 96 anymore there dropping it down to 116 so its only losing 20 planes.

Ah, my apologies, you are correct in this regard.

Nevertheless, I still think the Hakuryu buff is a bit much.

[-_W_-]
Members
32 posts
4,167 battles

i already dont use the Midway anymore, i got it when it had teir 10 fighters. (2 patches ago i believe) Then after the nerf to it i was still doing pretty good against other Mids, but then i ran into a Hak, it would have been funny if it wasnt so tragic. He had many more air groups than me, All his aircraft were faster than my planes, (even the strike aircraft still with their payload!) and he had more fighter groups. All these factors forced me to only be able to react to his movements, i could never gain any kind of initiative even if only briefly. The Midway is not anywhere near the same class as a Hak, its not competitive, fun, or engaging at all. Just for ships and giggles, at one point in the game i had a group of my fighters try to catch a group of torp planes, all the Hak captain did is have them run around the map border and my fighters never even got close to them, and these were torp planes still with their payload!!! Someone out there please explain to me how this can be considered balanced. If you look at the stats on the CV's you will see a massive discrepancy between the 2 nations carrier tech tree lines, the US prems being the exception. The numbers dont lie, the US carriers are at a very clear disadvantage, and now they are nerfing the Mid again!? Who pissed in the devs cheerios when it come to the American carriers?

• Cool 2

[STW-D]
Members
1,849 posts
5,651 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Before you go singing a formal eulogy, note that the devs have changed the plane reduction from 136 to 116 in the latest Supertest, as opposed to limiting it to 96:

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/04/17/world-of-warships-supertest-information-13/

Already noted by my post above yours and fixed.

Still doesn't change my position that the devs dropped the ball here.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
774 posts
5,756 battles

Fleet,

Most of the content of this post is fine as discussions regarding CV changes are valid.

However, I wanted to remind you to please keep discussions respectful to everyone including Wargaming staff.

The Forums exist for everyone to feel welcome to express and share their ideas in a safe environment which includes players, moderators, and WG staff.

Keep it civil and constructive and keep talking ship.

#anchorsaweigh

• Bad 4
  • Angry 1