You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Disregard

8 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Nevermind.

Edited by Gascan75

Members
586 posts

Well umm..... ahhhh ....it really needs to be a special Island where I can shoot over and hit something....   

But it detonates spectacularly !!!!     I can also slow down an advance if I have just my bow pointed at it.  

Wait .... Des Moines has Radar.... If one is near you behind an Island and you type "RADAR" you might get it. 

Some have Hydro...Type Hydro and you might get that...

See more than just one trick!

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,536 posts
13,977 battles
21 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Okay... so if I don't decide to camp behind an island all [edited]game am I doomed to fail? 

Seriously... is that ALL it does? Sit behind an island somewhere and hope for a chance to be significant? 

I'm not saying camping islands is the only way to fight with DM, but I will say that it's the safest.  You try that sh*t out in open water, ships like Hindenburg, Zao, Moskva, Roon, Charles Martel, Saint-Louis, Henri IV, etc. will be far superior to you as the range is greater.  Those floaty shells are terrible over 11km.  Khabarovsk, Tashkent, RU DDs are a nightmare if they catch you in open water.  Open water fighting, you are a very squishy Cruiser and you will be facing the most deadly Battleships in the game.

However, to be a good DM player, you need to leverage the other things DM does that most the other Cruisers around her tier cannot do. 

Use your concealment, get into positions to leverage your Radar + Defensive Fire or Radar + Hydro where it's needed.  I.e. the caps.  Disrupt, harass, damage, and if possible, KILL DESTROYERS trying to do their jobs.  This is easiest early in the match if you can back up your own DDs with DM, and it really makes their jobs so much easier if they got a DM providing AA, Radar, etc. around the caps.

I try to aggressively sail to get into a forward, island covered position to better support the caps with my Des Moines.  Again, I leverage my AA and consumables, guns if possible at the caps, and support my DDs.  If my DDs have an easy time doing their job, then guess what?  Your team is well on its way to winning if your DDs got it easy.  This is especially important in a CV match because DDs are vulnerable at the start to air spotting, bombers at the start of the match.  CVs got nothing better to do at the start of the match because most Cruisers, Battleships are too far back and still bunched up.  Their AA will cut apart their planes.  But the DDs trying to play the caps?  They tend to be alone.

Get your DM and back up the DDs so they can do their job.

"DM wins games"

2xjWglz.jpg

Also, a DM needs to constantly be looking for a chance to push DDs, Radar them, kill them.  But this needs to be done smartly because other ships can shoot at you while you go DD hunting.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,829 battles

Just saying that the Hipper doesnt need a RoF buff. 

It needs a torpedo reload booster consumable. :cap_like:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,928 posts

Actually you can try a build a youtube poster came out it does extend the range a bit however to use it I believe  his name is Jingles?   However to use the build I believe you have to give up the stealth and radar module's

Edited by shadowsrmine

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Okay well a few of you caught up to me before I was able to just concede that it needs a play style I'm not good at. I sure appreciate the input but I think I'll put DM on the shelf for ships I play a little more appropriately. Tier X cruisers are evidently not my comfort zone. 

Thanks guys. 

Members
586 posts

Hindenburg is much more enjoyable.

Squishy?   Des Moines isn't even squishy.   My shirt has more Armour.    I was shot clean through bow to stern by an Iowa.    I run in fright of ANY DD.   I bring it only because it has 40 seconds of Radar. 

Tier 10 is just becoming a real [edited].   With Clan warfare people are getting good.     That Island talked about above^^^^......  I am having a harder and harder time getting to it.  So many damn Battleships.   Seas of Torps......     

I only have two Tier 10 Cruisers.   Hindenburg just rocks.      Only issue is no Radar.    I am using the range mod vice the reload mod on both.    Forget about any secondaries.  Then every damage control item plus concealment.  

No Torpedoes means that tonight a BB just turned in the cap and motored right up to my Des Moines while I shot it up with both forward guns full of HE..    He just shot me point blank.. Sure he was in flames the whole way but at 30 knots he was on me quick and then out go the fires and the heal begins.  Too few DDs as well.