Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
X01_ISAAC_7

WoWS Dev Blog: ST Updates to StalinG, Kron, and Massa

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
180 posts

Hey everyone, Isaac here and just thought I'd drop a video going through some of the proposed changes currently put up on the supertest that I caught this morning from the WoWS Dev Blog!

What do you think about the changes? Do you think it's getting time for WG to address the whole 'battlecruiser' concept in-game with a new class of ships or is it not worth it to do so? What do you think about the potential for Stalingrad to be a Clan Wars reward ship only? Would you mind it potentially being slightly overpowered in that matter or do you have a tin-foil had on as you run around your house screaming 'Russian Bias'?

Leave a comment in the comment sections on the video, or add your reply to the forum post. Let's get some ideas and suggestions back to WG!

Beta Testers
1,299 posts
3,583 battles

I think it is time to create a new class of ships that can balanced around the other classes. This is pushing the battleships meta out the window for sure as people will go after Kronshadt for free xo and Stalingrad for clan wars as they are tier 8 battleships moved a tier and treated like cruisers. I used to think that USS Alaska could have been made in this same way now I see that it would be unbalanced. I have also seen Russian bias before drive world of tanks into the ground and op premiums were part of the cause. That is why I suggest a new battlecruiser class as it would be easier to balance these ships then. Bad enough Ashiao is being brought in to farm battleships which will make games boring and passive like in world of tanks where an op heavy tank holds up you shots while you and your team die off. Take it as you wish I doubt people care anymore about Russian bias and op ships.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

Bad enough Ashiao is being brought in to farm battleships

That's okay tho, Now we have Russian battleships cruisers to perform those jobs anyway.

Its a genius tactic by WG, ruin the lives of all BB players by Asashioing them into the ground, release cruisers that function similar to BBs to give them a chance to escape.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
180 posts
55 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

That's okay tho, Now we have Russian battleships cruisers to perform those jobs anyway.

Its a genius tactic by WG, ruin the lives of all BB players by Asashioing them into the ground, release cruisers that function similar to BBs to give them a chance to escape.

:fish_panic:

Now that you mention it......it does seem like it's going in that direction doesn't it?

:fish_palm:

Members
1,512 posts
7,972 battles

Hey

Everyone wants to slam Asashio for the farming of BB's but yet it's the fault of the BB players who want to sit back and snipe, camp, hide behind island that have brought this on themselves; Wargaming has some blame as well since they created the who AP bombs, Deep water torps just to punish the Germans BB's, the one group that was known for brawling, for pushing into caps and bullying other ships.  Now we have players that lack Ba##s because they are afraid to scratch the cap.  Too many players just want gun free zones,, and feel entitled to not play an objective.  I welcome Asashio and will pick it up so that I can go hunt those camping bains to team play.  We also don't need BB that can shoot 26 km either, maybe BB's need to be limited to something like 22 km, cruisers limited to 18 km and DD's limited to 12 km.  There should also be a nerf to BB detection, as there should be no way a BB has lower detection than a same tier cruiser.  We need to do away with the HE fire chance like on the RN BB's to where all BB's are within +/- 3% of each other.  The idea of ships like Nelson having a 46% fire chance is insane, the super heals are also very insane since it gives them so much of an advantage over other equal tier ships of other countries; these items are hardly balancing the game.  Japanese DD's need to have their torp detection ranges decreased to be in-line with everyone else, something of say 1.0-1.2 km.  Had these been done right all along, then ships like Asashio are not needed.  Remember the whole Kitakami torp boat fiasco?  And I won't even talk about the likes of Graf Zeppelin, T61, Abruzzi and others.  Just my 2 cents for what little it's worth. 

Pete

Beta Testers
180 posts
6 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Everyone wants to slam Asashio for the farming of BB's but yet it's the fault of the BB players who want to sit back and snipe, camp, hide behind island that have brought this on themselves; Wargaming has some blame as well since they created the who AP bombs, Deep water torps just to punish the Germans BB's, the one group that was known for brawling, for pushing into caps and bullying other ships.  Now we have players that lack Ba##s because they are afraid to scratch the cap.  Too many players just want gun free zones,, and feel entitled to not play an objective.  I welcome Asashio and will pick it up so that I can go hunt those camping bains to team play.  We also don't need BB that can shoot 26 km either, maybe BB's need to be limited to something like 22 km, cruisers limited to 18 km and DD's limited to 12 km.  There should also be a nerf to BB detection, as there should be no way a BB has lower detection than a same tier cruiser.  We need to do away with the HE fire chance like on the RN BB's to where all BB's are within +/- 3% of each other.  The idea of ships like Nelson having a 46% fire chance is insane, the super heals are also very insane since it gives them so much of an advantage over other equal tier ships of other countries; these items are hardly balancing the game.  Japanese DD's need to have their torp detection ranges decreased to be in-line with everyone else, something of say 1.0-1.2 km.  Had these been done right all along, then ships like Asashio are not needed.  Remember the whole Kitakami torp boat fiasco?  And I won't even talk about the likes of Graf Zeppelin, T61, Abruzzi and others.  Just my 2 cents for what little it's worth. 

Pete

A lot of what you said would homogenize the whole game. While I can agree that BB players are partially to blame, the trouble also arises from people not playing their DDs and Cruisers correctly. More BB players would be more apt to push caps if the DDs pushed in first to scout and screen for targets. DDs would be more prone to do this if they knew they had support from cruisers following close enough to lend rapid gunfire support against enemy DDs, but far enough back that they aren't too endangered by retaliatory fire from enemy BBs and CLs/CAs, while giving enough time to alter course and speed for any incoming enemy torpedoes spotted by their friendly DDs. And cruiser players would be more prone to want to do this if they knew their battleship support were close behind them, or right along side.

It's a massive circle, and when any one part fails to do their job, it alters how the other 2 will play. I'm not bringing CVs into this because they don't push. EVER. and never should unless it is extremely late game and they KNOW a cap circle or flank is clear and can safely move up. They should also be sending their planes out ahead of the friendly DDs to assist in spotting enemy torpedoes and help force enemy DDs out of caps lest they get spotted. And if they do get spotted from the CV, then that gives your friendly DDs and CLs/CAs the first shot.

Beta Testers
1,299 posts
3,583 battles
On April 18, 2018 at 11:38 AM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Pete

Ashiao punishes the Battleship players like myself that actually push the cap.

Members
1,512 posts
7,972 battles
16 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Ashiao punishes the Battleship players like myself that actually push the cap.

Hey

Yeah, well I push caps too but it's not going to change my playstyle that much.  I will never turn to the dark side and become a BB Camper.  I might just get the Asashio and become a BB tactical assault boat.

Pete

1,266 posts
13 battles

Thanks for making the video! Also, thanks for sharing it as well! :)

1,542 posts
26 battles

Thanks for all of the feedback @X01_ISAAC_7. We really appreciate you sharing your honest views on the ships and the recent changes. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this