Sign in to follow this  
Max0017

specials....ranked ships

8 comments in this topic

[I-F]
Members
43 posts
4,514 battles

I noticed that in the premium shop there were special offers of ships that were RANKED edditions...........for the new season.....what does this mean ranked ships?? are ranked ships the only ships that can battle in a ranked battle??

Edited by ship29710
mispelled word

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

:fish_palm:

next season of ranked battles is part T8 and part T10. WG is using this to promote some of their T8 premiums in hopes that anyone who is on the edge of buying one might be given a little nudge. the 'ranked edition' part means they come with special missions to earn flags and consumables when played in ranked battles.

i don't know where you got the idea that 'ranked ships' are the only ones allowed in ranked battles, but you may want to lay off of whatever it is you're on. or at least share.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

It's a bundle they're selling as "ranked" ships because the next season of ranked has a T8 portion. There is nothing special about the ships.

Members
587 posts

Ranked at Tier 8 is serious and if you are not already confident at competing at that level I emphatically encourage people not to enter. However it is a great deal to play great ships in co op and Randumb battles starting with 10 pt captains. There is great free training on each ship from Flamu and others on YouTube.

Note Alabama statistically is one of the top tier 8 ships, the cruiser is being improved but already a favorite. The destroyer in the B hull does well IMHO. I have all three ships. So WOWs is providing three very good choices to play. 

But no, no super powers included that will help in Ranked :(

Also if own one or all three ships you get that value in doubloons. Someone calculated it was a 24 percent discount yet you still get everything else for free.

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
2 hours ago, MidnightShamalan said:

i don't know where you got the idea that 'ranked ships' are the only ones allowed in ranked battles, but you may want to lay off of whatever it is you're on. or at least share.

Clan Battles, you get rentals for Clan Wars.

So if you were exposed to that first, then saw those bundles. I could understand how they would arrive at that conclusion.

[GWG]
Members
35 posts
6,049 battles

Bundle content

• VIII Prinz Eugen;
  • German Commander - 6 Skill Points;
  • port slot;
  • Ranked Battle Mission Unlock – Prinz Eugen.

Details

Add this fresh Prinz to your port just in time for Season 9! The vessel comes bundled with a skilled Commander and an

exclusive Ranked Battles mission.

See the Wiki for the performance parameters of Prinz Eugen.

Edited by yankyaeger

[CDOGS]
Members
5 posts
2,435 battles

Not had a lot of luck finding this... So if there's a thread on this would be happy to read it.

Has there been any discussion about why the ranked season is Tier 8, Tier 10, Tier 7?  Instead of say, 7, 8, 10?  Or just 7 and 8?   From what I heard -and I could be mistaken-, there is no "rental" (which I guess wouldn't make sense anyway because then people would complain about "only getting x, or y, or z ship" for ranked).

I'd guess there's pro's and con's to it, but as someone who just doesn't have a tier 10, kinda bummed there's a cap for me - I feel like I learn the most from those ranked games where folks try to play as a team and co-ordinate, and I want to learn.   Once I hit MM it seems rare that teams try to work together and my "skills" (albeit still bad) tend to slide a bit being the random mess that it can be.

That said, I hope it's still a fun Season for everyone else.  Wargaming doesn't need to change anything because just because I can't do it, but it would be great to take part again sometime in a tier I have access to.

Sign in to follow this