Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Is it still spring break in some places?

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

So, played a couple of matches today, I think I won about 35% of them. In the rest of those matches, I've seen perhaps the worst instances of camping and staying back. It seems that in Pacific Time, the quality of game play goes rapidly downhill past 4:30 PM. It's a Tuesday but it feels just like the weekend. I couldn't do much in a battleship because I kept getting focus fired while my team mates were doing God knows what. To be fair, I did have like three decent matches today, all in the Hood. One was a 122k damage with 2 kills, a 64k with 4 kills, and a 93k with 1 kill (Tier 9,). The rest were simply atrocious. I can't help but wonder, is spring break still going on in a few places? I live in British Columbia and as far as I know spring break ended like two weeks ago.

• Bad 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles

Think Spring Break is mainly divided up throughout March to my Knowledge.

Now there have been some game bugs affecting decent numbers of players that has taken a toll recently and think Wargaming is working on fixing them.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles

My daughter went back to school yesterday. I normally have a 65% win rate but the last 200 games all while spring break is going on it dropped to 58%. I feel your pain I have never for the life of this game gotten 4 solo caps with a Kraken and lost until the recent Troglodytes started playing.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Who cares? I hope you didn't insult anyone. It's just a game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TMS]
Members
1,616 posts
21,646 battles

I was In a battle yesterday and there was an 11 year old in an Atago.

Edited by Final8ty

Members
17,744 posts
5,084 battles
6 hours ago, Thornir said:

This again...

Lol yup. Every time he posts, the game has been getting worse.

How bad does it have to get before it gets too bad?

[WOLF6]
Members
1,778 posts
4,804 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Lol yup. Every time he posts, the game has been getting worse.

How bad does it have to get before it gets too bad?

Indeed. 

Here are the facts. At any given moment in Time there are good and bad players in queue for games. There are good players that play less often, bad players that play frequently and every permutation in between and the opposite  

The members of that player base are as likely to be on your team as anyone else’s. This means you are no more likely to win or lose during weekends, holidays, spring break week day evenings or other time due to who plays or doesn’t play at those times. 

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

I don't understand the whole spring break/weekend thing contributing to a player's loss.  The odds of bad players appearing on your team or the enemy team happen with even frequency (slightly more likely to appear on the enemy team since 12 slots vs 11).  If the average skill level drops then good players will be able to carry even harder.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
17 minutes ago, Reikyu said:

I don't understand the whole spring break/weekend thing contributing to a player's loss.  The odds of bad players appearing on your team or the enemy team happen with even frequency (slightly more likely to appear on the enemy team since 12 slots vs 11).  If the average skill level drops then good players will be able to carry even harder.

The theory goes that those are times when more people have free time, and so they play the game. But having less free time overall, they tend to not be as good, because they play less.

Rather than question that premise, we search for random holidays to explain the incredibly poor play experienced during weekdays.

[TMS]
Members
1,616 posts
21,646 battles
2 hours ago, Reikyu said:

I can go a whole day with the worst being on our team game after game but then you can go a whole day with the best on your team, it should not be the way things even out.

I have had days where i can get 10 battles or more in a row like this

zWYOiB.png

c7FeMY.png

IEnoZ5.png

Edited by Final8ty

[WOLF6]
Members
1,778 posts
4,804 battles
5 hours ago, Final8ty said:

I can go a whole day with the worst being on our team game after game but then you can go a whole day with the best on your team, it should not be the way things even out.

I have had days where i can get 10 battles or more in a row like this

zWYOiB.png

c7FeMY.png

IEnoZ5.png

Once again, the experience of a single person  with a small data sample demonstrates nothing that isn’t within the normal distribution. A thousand battles wouldn’t do it, either. 

Sign in to follow this