Cit_the_bed

Please help the Hood. Accuracy or Reload time or AP pen please fix one! Quality of life fix.

27 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
357 posts
9,908 battles

The hood is just miserable. The guns are so far apart, the guns make their own angle of bounce on a close target.

The accuracy is terrible, and the AP is mediocre. To make things worse, the reload is very long.

Please fix at least one thing for quality of life.

• If the AP and accuracy is going to be bad, at least buff the reload speed to 20 seconds.
  • If the guns are going to be inaccurate and reload slow, at least buff the penetration
  • If the guns are going to have terrible penetration and  reload slow, please make them accurate.

Please pick one and make a change. Compared to Nelson or Duke of York, the Hood is absolutely terrible. 

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,400 battles

The Hood is Fine.

EDIT: Near the top of the pack for two-week winrate, and her damage numbers are only being crept by stupid boats like KGV and Lyon:

Spoiler

EOyEPt4.jpg

I've actually done better in her than the Scharnhorst:

Spoiler

2tkM2vN.jpg

Edited by pikohan
  • Bad 1

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,763 battles

Neh, it's a mediocre ship thats KINDA tanky. It's a premium ship, and an older one at that... Those stats are meaningless because it's obviously better then average players playing her, only 4,400 battles. That's a port queen. A port queen is a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.

She needs her skill ceiling increased.

• Bad 1

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,583 battles
12 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:
  • If the AP and accuracy is going to be bad, at least buff the reload speed to 20 seconds.

Keep dreaming.

I wouldn't mind a small buff to the sigma though.

• Cool 1

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

The Hood's AP is not by any stretch of the imagination "mediocre". Tier for tier it's actually the best AP of any ship I have ever played except maybe the Orion. Hood is a citadel machine. Also I spend a great deal of time playing Hood she is not IME anyway a "port queen", and I assure you my mediocre stats in her are my fault, she's an awesome and fun to play ship and her AP is her greatest strength IMO.

Edited by Aristotle83

Members
1,509 posts
7,947 battles

Hey I decided to take the Hood out for a test spin and holy cow what a piece of crap; something has changed.   It used to be a very decent BB, with decent guns, but the dispersion is now insane, worse than the Germans, even at near point blank range.  Had a grounded cruiser at 8km, two salvo's no hits, later a broadside, stationary cruiser at 4.2 km, took 3 salvo's to sink it with AP, only 2 over pens, the rest where complete misses and these where waterline shots.  This ship used to routinely get 50-70K all the time, managed to get 24K and damn lucky to get that.  I have aiming accuracy and a 14pt captain on board.  Even the defensive fire AA didn't seem to do much on dive bombers and it was only a T6 carrier, and this used to shred planes while active.  Something is seriously wrong or has changed from when it was released, maybe some changes in a patch sometime along the way?

Pete

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
27 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey I decided to take the Hood out for a test spin and holy cow what a piece of crap; something has changed.   It used to be a very decent BB, with decent guns, but the dispersion is now insane, worse than the Germans, even at near point blank range.  Had a grounded cruiser at 8km, two salvo's no hits, later a broadside, stationary cruiser at 4.2 km, took 3 salvo's to sink it with AP, only 2 over pens, the rest where complete misses and these where waterline shots.  This ship used to routinely get 50-70K all the time, managed to get 24K and damn lucky to get that.  I have aiming accuracy and a 14pt captain on board.  Even the defensive fire AA didn't seem to do much on dive bombers and it was only a T6 carrier, and this used to shred planes while active.  Something is seriously wrong or has changed from when it was released, maybe some changes in a patch sometime along the way?

Pete

RNG was just trolling you. Nothing has changed. You just had one of those HUH??? games. LOL:Smile_facepalm:

Members
1,509 posts
7,947 battles

Hey

Sometimes you have to wonder if RNG is based on RNG in the game.  Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.  Makes you wonder when your not the only one that questions a particular ship, unless it's German, then your always screwed with RNG.  

Pete

[--1--]
Members
153 posts
2,475 battles

Yes Hood's inaccuracy is just too much, it's my favourite ship and I love it but its shells have a heckin WIDE spread, other then that, there's no problems ith Hood in my opinion.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,427 battles
On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Cit_the_bed said:

The hood is just miserable. The guns are so far apart, the guns make their own angle of bounce on a close target.

The accuracy is terrible, and the AP is mediocre. To make things worse, the reload is very long.

Please fix at least one thing for quality of life.

• If the guns are going to be inaccurate and reload slow, at least buff the penetration
  • If the guns are going to have terrible penetration and  reload slow, please make them accurate.

Please pick one and make a change. Compared to Nelson or Duke of York, the Hood is absolutely terrible.

:cap_haloween: Super troll

Hood already fix:

If the AP is not accurate as you stated, 1st had you use the upgrade module AM1? 2nd, learn to aim better and git gud

Reload slow, your capt skill AR selected? it only cost 2 skill pts

Terrible pen = are *@W#$@#$ seriously trolling here? my div mate 1 shot devastating strike a cruiser in his HOOD.

2nd, have you HE and work slowly and then change to AP and maybe 1 skill pt to Expert loader?? switching between HE/AP to 50% ???

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
15 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

Sometimes you have to wonder if RNG is based on RNG in the game.  Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not.  Makes you wonder when your not the only one that questions a particular ship, unless it's German, then your always screwed with RNG.  

Pete

Oh don't get me wrong Hood is not the most accurate ship in the game or anything. Far from it BUT it isn't that bad as a rule. What you describe is not the norm. That is classic RNG trolling you or you just having an off day (happens to us all). Happens to me too and in many ships known for accuracy. One game does not a nerf make is all I am trying to say. No offense intended.

• Cool 1

Members
1,509 posts
7,947 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh don't get me wrong Hood is not the most accurate ship in the game or anything. Far from it BUT it isn't that bad as a rule. What you describe is not the norm. That is classic RNG trolling you or you just having an off day (happens to us all). Happens to me too and in many ships known for accuracy. One game does not a nerf make is all I am trying to say. No offense intended.

Hey

None taken.  It has been a while since I had run the ship.  I was especially surprised at the broadside cruiser, stationary, at about 4.2 km and took 3 full salvo's to kill.  I can't recall it ever being that bad.

Pete

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,669 posts
9,994 battles

I'd like it, but it's not going to happen. My vote would be a little sigma tweak, 1.8 to the 1.9 of Colorado/Nelson, still behind the 2.0 of Nagato.

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

Honestly, as long as you play Hood as she should be played, a very tanky flanking ship, you'll do fine. And her AP is surprisingly good at dealing regular pen damage to BBs and smashing cruisers.

But I do agree she should have a slight accuracy buff. Like going from sigma 1.8 to 1.9 or 2.0. That's all she really needs.

Edited by KaptainKaybe
  • Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

Thanks for all of your feedback guys! Will pass it along for future consideration! 

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

EDIT: Just now. This ship can absolutely perform. Please don't touch the characteristics of her AP. The low pen which makes it difficult to citadel battleships, is fantastic against cruisers and can do solid salvos into BB upper belts and superstructures. DO NOT touch how her AP works! If you're reading this during update during update 0.7.4, enjoy the replay here: https://replayswows.com/replay/21902

All she needs is an accuracy buff. No more than that.

shot-18.04.28_15.07.01-0697.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
3 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

All she needs is an accuracy buff. No more than that.

100% agree.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles
On 17/4/2018 at 11:51 PM, pikohan said:

The Hood is Fine.

EDIT: Near the top of the pack for two-week winrate, and her damage numbers are only being crept by stupid boats like KGV and Lyon:

Hide contents

EOyEPt4.jpg

I've actually done better in her than the Scharnhorst:

Hide contents

2tkM2vN.jpg

lol the duke of sh1t is real garbaged! need buff

Members
311 posts
2,336 battles
1 hour ago, rafael_azuaje said:

lol the duke of sh1t is real garbaged! need buff

Im surprised so many people hate it, while it is a worse in every way version of a tech tree ship its still not bad. They should really give it the KGV 25 second reload though, 356 guns at tier 7 ....why

Edited by manon45

Members
63 posts
2,942 battles

Buff the Hood? Then give her those torps near her number 3 turret. Yeah, they might be slow and short ranged but they're above water and WG could give them more speed to compensate for the short range. 

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts
20 hours ago, American_Ace_96 said:

Buff the Hood? Then give her those torps near her number 3 turret. Yeah, they might be slow and short ranged but they're above water and WG could give them more speed to compensate for the short range. 

Hood is not a brawler. I'd rather see a sigma buff to her guns than a close range weapon that's liable to get her killed.

Members
640 posts
18,452 battles

REMEBER the HOOD is old battlecruiser with technologies obsolets , reload buff none , he can 2 shoots per minite, bad accuracy has obsolete telemetres.

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
7 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

bad accuracy has obsolete telemetres.

Explain Nikolai. 
Explain Kongo. 
Explain Kaiser and Konig. 
Explain Bayern. 
WG balances accuracy on characteristics and relative firepower. Hood doesn't bring anything special to Tier 7, she's down on shell caliber and has your typical 8 guns. 
Her sigma is 1.8, if you use the accuracy module you drop -7% dispersion. It would be reasonable to ask for a 1.9/2.0 sigma. Warspite even has more powerful shells period, besides the accuracy. Part of the stigma with Hood's accuracy is the massive amount of freeboard between the guns though. It leads to shells flying in crosswise depending on relative angle of travel. 
Hood works for what she is, largely a cruiser hunter. Like Scharnhorst, she struggles to citadel battleships, but is excellent at punishing cruisers. Scharnhorst actually has a 2.0 sigma, she just has bad vertical dispersion. I'm not sure why Hood has such a low sigma, but I think a buff would be warranted. I'd definitely considered dropping dough for a Hood with a higher sigma.

Members
1,509 posts
7,947 battles
On 6/20/2018 at 11:03 AM, Seniorious said:

Explain Nikolai. 
Explain Kongo. 
Explain Kaiser and Konig. 
Explain Bayern. 
WG balances accuracy on characteristics and relative firepower. Hood doesn't bring anything special to Tier 7, she's down on shell caliber and has your typical 8 guns. 
Her sigma is 1.8, if you use the accuracy module you drop -7% dispersion. It would be reasonable to ask for a 1.9/2.0 sigma. Warspite even has more powerful shells period, besides the accuracy. Part of the stigma with Hood's accuracy is the massive amount of freeboard between the guns though. It leads to shells flying in crosswise depending on relative angle of travel. 
Hood works for what she is, largely a cruiser hunter. Like Scharnhorst, she struggles to citadel battleships, but is excellent at punishing cruisers. Scharnhorst actually has a 2.0 sigma, she just has bad vertical dispersion. I'm not sure why Hood has such a low sigma, but I think a buff would be warranted. I'd definitely considered dropping dough for a Hood with a higher sigma.

Hey

Exactly.  I have often wondered if ships are released and they do relatively well, play good for a period and then secretly get hit with a nerf bat.  There are plenty of ships that were good but seem to suck with the current meta.  The Kii tried my patience today with a 2 game total of 48K damage, and that is just not worth playing.  Have no problems in my other T8 BB's.  Something about this game is not as consistent as it used to be.

Pete