You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LordSiege

What people dont realize about this game.

29 comments in this topic

[FBI]
Members
135 posts
2,407 battles

world of warships is by far the best "world of" game out of the 3.

i tried going back to world of tanks and good god is it bad, the in game economy is trash with no Gaines in both xp and silver and the player base is even salty'er then league of legends 

world of warplanes doesn't even have a player base, they have half of the economy right but you'd be a fool if you think you are gonna make credits.

here the economy is perfected and the player base is really helpful with having actual sailors in the player base along side historical experts sprinkled everywhere so things are always being corrected. And the forums are legendary compared to the others.

so props to the WOWS sides of war gaming, you guys know how to make one hell of a game.

12642786.jpg

• Cool 25

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,223 posts
8,804 battles

The player base both here and in planes is much less toxic than it is over in WoT and we have a large enough player base to fill the matches during all but the lowest population periods. What is sad about the toxicity of WoT is that is actually on the mild side compared to some other games.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

World of Warships is my Favorite Game. I will add my Salute to yours.

• Cool 2

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

to be fair, WoT and the initial WoWP served as templates for what works and what doesn't, ultimately resulting in a great game in WoWS. at this point, WoT has been the way it is for so long that it would need a complete overhaul in order to fix some of it's problems like the economy and premium ammo.

WoWS has is flaws, but i've never felt outraged at the game itself like i have in WoT. they really did a great job putting this game together.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

I alternate between WoW and warthunder -- planes and tanks.  Maybe it's the smaller player base in War Thunder or maybe its just the way in game chat is laid out, but I've rarely seen salt in Thunder planes or tanks.  

I agree -- having come from WoT, WoWs has a lot less salt.  But it still has a lot of salt.  If not salt I'll see a lot of dead guy whining in WoWs.  First to die first to whine.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Members
3,649 posts
13,511 battles
10 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

World of Warships is my Favorite Game. I will add my Salute to yours.

Same here. Despite it's faults, like +2 -2 MM, and CVs, it's still a damn good game. Much better than War Thunder and Armored Warfare.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles
35 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

First to die first to whine. 

Not me, first to die first to go back to port to start another game

• Cool 1

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles

Well of course it’s the best “world of”, it had to be!

Let me take you back to 2014.  WoWP was in the toilet, WOT was dealing with some heavy heavy issues on foundation, and there was the supposed “Sea Portion” of WG’s ”Land, Air, and Sea” endgame goal.  With every gaming journalist on the internet parroting the same question (“Will this rumored ship game by WG be their last chance at redemption?”) I have no doubt in my mind there was some serious pressure placed on WG.  Plus the unified economy was another pressure point.  

They...had...to...get...this...right.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Finally a decent post that reflects how I feel.  So tired of those threads that constantly complain about MM, HE/fires, BBs, DDs, CVs, lag, crashes, economy...  Oh, almost forgot ranked, and oh - my favorite - THE GAME IS RIGGED!!!  Guess what?  Whenever I felt like some type of ship has unfair advantage - I played that ship type and got to know it...  Last one was CVs.  You will never hear me complain about those.  Same thing happened to DDs, Cruisers with smoke (OMG), BBs that fire HE.  I even decided to rank out one of those seasons just to see what the people are complaining about, and ranked out to 1 without a fuss.  Get a grip people, jeez.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

Coming from console tanks, this game and community are amazingly fun and pleasant by comparison. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,753 posts
2,411 battles
58 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

They...had...to...get...this...right.

They didn't, but it's the closest they've ever gotten to it.

[REVY]
Members
6,025 posts
5,102 battles

As Jingles is fond of saying, only "5% of rounds fired in WOT are gold ammo".  *wink wink nudge nudge*

Being that the practical number is closer to 50%, it just goes to show that either WOT devs have their heads in the clouds, or they're trying to be like EA, which never builds a loyal and well-balanced fanbase.  The game is about grinding yet the gameplay actually takes credits away from you if you actually want to earn exp because of their bloody gold ammo system and their new generation of Premium Tanks that have fake weak spots, heavy armor and guns that can't pen anything, forcing the gold economy to drain the players.

Take this WOT player for instance, cussing at everybody, map clicking all the time, insulting his team and managed zero damage.  I had discovered that some time ago, this player had once made a thread on the WOT forum, saying that the WOT community should be nice to newer players, and should be given advise on how to improve, instead of being mocked and berated.  Only to betray everything his thread stood for after just a year of playing the game.  WOT has a real corrupting influence, I even don't like posting on their forums because asking for advice means being insulted and accused of something.  I turned off WOT team chat a long time ago.

UGToEFQ.jpg

Edited by Sventex

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
36 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

They didn't, but it's the closest they've ever gotten to it.

Look, personally, as it is now, if they keep announcing new premium ships with the freakin number eight next to the T...

WOWS will be no better than WOT.

26 minutes ago, Sventex said:

As Jingles is fond of saying, only "5% of rounds fired in WOT are gold ammo".  *wink wink nudge nudge*

Being that the practical number is closer to 50%, it just goes to show that either WOT devs have their heads in the clouds, or they're trying to be like EA, which never builds a loyal and well-balanced fanbase.  The game is about grinding yet the gameplay actually takes credits away from you if you actually want to earn exp because of their bloody gold ammo system and their new generation of Premium Tanks that have fake weak spots, heavy armor and guns that can't pen anything, forcing the gold economy to drain the players.

Take this WOT player for instance, cussing at everybody, map clicking all the time, insulting his team and managed zero damage.  I had discovered that some time ago, this player had once made a thread on the WOT forum, saying that the WOT community should be nice to newer players, and should be given advise on how to improve, instead of being mocked and berated.  Only to betray everything his thread stood for after just a year of playing the game.  WOT has a real corrupting influence, I even don't like posting on their forums because asking for advice means being insulted and accused of something.  I turned off WOT team chat a long time ago.

UGToEFQ.jpg

Funny you should mention posting on the forums, I was gonna ask some questions there about Italian TD/SPG since it’s easier to keep a question highlighted than Reddit, but I read you need to play twenty games before you can post something on there verses the five games on WOWS (Not sure about WOWP forums).

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
7 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Look, personally, as it is now, if they keep announcing new premium ships with the freakin number eight next to the T...

WOWS will be no better than WOT.

Funny you should mention posting on the forums, I was gonna ask some questions there about Italian TD/SPG since it’s easier to keep a question highlighted than Reddit, but I read you need to play twenty games before you can post something on there verses the five games on WOWS (Not sure about WOWP forums).

I have to disagree with this statement because premium ships in WoWs are not the same as the premium ammo problem in WoT nor has WoWs experience the power creep issue that WoT has. But maybe  I'm misunderstanding you and you are referring to new players being able to buy a tier 8 premium ship and be thrown into higher tier matches without having learned how to play the game. I'm still not sure that will have the same detrimental effect on WoWs, though, unless WG make those ships cheaper and easier to obtain.

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
14 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I have to disagree with this statement because premium ships in WoWs are not the same as the premium ammo problem in WoT nor has WoWs experience the power creep issue that WoT has. But maybe  I'm misunderstanding you and you are referring to new players being able to buy a tier 8 premium ship and be thrown into higher tier matches without having learned how to play the game. I'm still not sure that will have the same detrimental effect on WoWs, though, unless WG make those ships cheaper and easier to obtain.

No, no, no just strictly vehicle on vehicle, no premium ammo.  Never crossed my mind premium ammo introduced in WOWS.  It’ll never happen.

But I do know OP tanks, and you are correct about the noobs purchasing high tier ships.  It is detrimental that is truth, but what I am trying to say is if WG has way more T8 ships, you know, outweighting the number of other tiered premiums, well...

• Cool 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
14 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

No, no, no just strictly vehicle on vehicle, no premium ammo.  Never crossed my mind premium ammo introduced in WOWS.  It’ll never happen.

But I do know OP tanks, and you are correct about the noobs purchasing high tier ships.  It is detrimental that is truth, but what I am trying to say is if WG has way more T8 ships, you know, outweighting the number of other tiered premiums, well...

Oh, I agree about premium ammo. I don't want to say never, ever, but I also doubt it will ever be introduced in WoWs. WG is looking phase it out at some point or seriously alter the dynamics of it in WoT from what I've read. I was just stating that premium ammo is a big part of the problem in WoT, IMO. 

And you make a very good point about what happens if WG floods WoWs with tier 8 premiums. It all will depend if they release ships that cause significant power creep. Hopefully, WG learned a lesson from what has happened in WoT. 

[REVY]
Members
6,025 posts
5,102 battles
6 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Oh, I agree about premium ammo. I don't want to say never, ever, but I also doubt it will ever be introduced in WoWs. WG is looking phase it out at some point or seriously alter the dynamics of it in WoT from what I've read. I was just stating that premium ammo is a big part of the problem in WoT, IMO. 

And you make a very good point about what happens if WG floods WoWs with tier 8 premiums. It all will depend if they release ships that cause significant power creep. Hopefully, WG learned a lesson from what has happened in WoT. 

They could solve some of the tier 8 Premium problem with some tier 8 operations.  Then the newbie whales have a place to learn while still sailing the most iconic ships of WWII.

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,844 battles

I'm going to echo the others here:

World of Warships is the result of the learned mistakes and achievements from World of Tanks and World of Warplanes

This game is one of the most refined games I have ever played. WoT mechanics like premium ammo and the penetration system is one of the factors why there is a good amount of toxicity there. I managed a 53.4% WR there before I quit. Since skill has a larger influence on this game and no premium ammo,  you can make a lot of ships work if played right. This is the only Wargaming product that I am happy to spend my money on because I believe that the development team is doing a great job. As for Warplanes, I dunno because I've never tried it.                  

._. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,042 battles

Despite how salty people can be in WoWS, it's very mellow here.  You want fiery, trollish chat, community?  Go play an MMORPG.

As for WoWP, it's okay, but a major problem I have is the small player population.  It's also a weird hybrid, last I played.  It's a PVP-PVE game.  Typical matches are all PVP but if there's not enough players, bots fill the rest of the rosters.  The smaller population is troubling when I got lots of matches when it's me as the only player for one team and one other player for the other, and the rest of the rosters are bots.  Population is a problem because I can be in the queues waiting for 2, 3 minutes.  In WoWS, the queue is only long if you're trying High Tier in the very late hours, or worse trying to play high tier CV late night.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[KNTAI]
Members
765 posts
4,036 battles

I can't say much about WOWP since I never played it, but WOT had a god-awful grind and the sheer amount of twitch gaming required (almost to CS:S levels) really turned me off. At higher tiers you did basically have to use prem ammo or snipe what felt like a 5x10 pixel slot in their armor before scooting back behind whatever terrain and repeating like 75 times. That didn't do it for me at all, even if I did want to run a full waifu crew (which seems to require sinking a truly large amount of time into it; way too much for my liking).

I used to play War Thunder a lot, and it will remain my go-to tank driving game, but this has proven to be more fun than WT by a landslide.

All of the ships play differently in some way, not only between other ship lines within the nation but also between navies, and that makes every match feel fresh and exciting.

There's something that gives players huge power, which is distance. I think people take this for granted.

You can CHOOSE how far or close you want to engage, you can actually DO something in otherwise certain death situations (in particular, CV planes and torps, versus Artillery in WOT or planes vs tanks in WT), and a simple hard turn can make a critical cit into bounces. You also aren't bound to specific "lanes" like in WOT or WT, because the distances even on the smallest and tightest maps are wide enough to let you choose when/how you want to move as an individual, group, and team. That's super.

There are very few times where I felt that I died unfairly.

Dets obviously qualify, but in every battle (even ones where I lost handily), it was always either a tactical or strategic level error (including the actions taken by the whole team, and actions taken by the enemy), and I could learn from it.

This is where RNG actually helps this game feel tactic-based, because ships CAN'T really guarantee cits even if you present a perfect broadside at close range. Consistent hits in the form of regular pens (or even overpens) are what you expect instead, and you CAN control that as a player on a tactical level by planning ahead (or on the opposite side, you CAN ensure the best chance of consistent hits by firing at the right angle, at the right moment with the right amount of lead).

And contrary to what some think, HE is a very valid option for situations where AP does fail, and rewards prudent use with ships burned to the waterline (or hit with pen damage instead of overpen/shatter/bounces).

It's easy to grasp, easy to learn tactics, and reasonably easy to improve in if you're willing to pay attention, which is something that very few games attain.

Someone else said that this is an extremely polished game, and I'm inclined to agree with that.

People who really, really hate this game ought to try some of those other F2P games. They make this game look like a leisure cruise in a tropical paradise, which to me, it is.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Haven't played WoWp, but it's *definitely* better than WoT. That game is a migraine.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,482 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Finally a decent post that reflects how I feel.  So tired of those threads that constantly complain about MM, HE/fires, BBs, DDs, CVs, lag, crashes, economy...  Oh, almost forgot ranked, and oh - my favorite - THE GAME IS RIGGED!!!  Guess what?  Whenever I felt like some type of ship has unfair advantage - I played that ship type and got to know it...  Last one was CVs.  You will never hear me complain about those.  Same thing happened to DDs, Cruisers with smoke (OMG), BBs that fire HE.  I even decided to rank out one of those seasons just to see what the people are complaining about, and ranked out to 1 without a fuss.  Get a grip people, jeez.

I do moan and groan on occasion. I agree with what you wrote. I look at every change or addition to the game, as another challenge to be faced
and overcome. Much like IRL, I guess.  + 1 to the OP's post and yours. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles

WOT, got to the point where I fired nothing but GOLD ammo in every vehicle in every battle, figured I cant beat em, so I might as well join em....but there is no way in hell do I ever want to see any type of GOLD ammo in this game, nope nada never! Another thing about WOT that I personally find a little funny, I hated the cancer over there, meaning arty....so I come to this game to get away from it and what do I find, every vehicle (ship) is nothing more than floating arty in a sense, and I love it. lol...

Out of the 'WORLDS' yes, this one is the best...we all have to commit ourselves to preserving the integrity and calmness of our forum and game, we all, every one of us must not allow this game and the forum to creep towards anything such as WOT, if we all do our part, help keep it clean and pleasant, we should be okay.  To those that want any part of the WOT [edited] here, I say to you, we will help you find the door and slam it on your [edited]on your way out!

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,410 posts
11,837 battles

*chuckles*

It is by far the best of the three in many ways, and for many reasons.  Tactics are real and there to be learned.  Yet the battles develop at a learnable pace.   The community is a whole lot more polite than that of any MMO I've ever played..  More like serious wargaming crowd.  It's almost like stepping into your local game store for a session of Warhammer, or D&D, or the current top tabletop or mini's game.  I little more studious and thoughtful and the subject of the game just doesn't fit well with "toxic" adrenaline soaked chat.

You drive a tank or a plane awesome.  Military aircraft, and armored fighting vehicles including MBT's are a few million per copy.  Warships  run the 100's of million to several billion each, and a whole lot more responsibility for the commander.  It's a different mind set and the game reflects that.

WG did good.  I wonder what Warships will be like when it hit version 1.0?