Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

No More Clear Sky?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

926
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,309 battles

Now it's"King of the Air" and instead of 30 planes you need to shoot down 55????? wth?? Am I reading this wrong?  In midtier games there aren't even that many planes available to shoot down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[INTEL]
Members
754 posts
7,952 battles

No idea what you're talking about. I scored a Clear Sky earlier tonight. A GZ player just couldnt figure out that my Mino had set a no-fly zone in the middle of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

The change makes perfect sense, and it's good that there is a concrete threshold rather than a percentage that includes planes that will likely never even be launched. Especially given that there are different awards for CVs and non-CVs, that both earn the same signals that would've been earned from a Clear Sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,067
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,255 posts
8,815 battles
6 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

No idea what you're talking about. I scored a Clear Sky earlier tonight. A GZ player just couldnt figure out that my Mino had set a no-fly zone in the middle of the map.

He is talking about the change coming with 7.4 that was on the PT. To the OP with this change there will be no more 70 plus plane kill matches and not get the achievement. The number is on the high side for tier 4 & 5 but is more realistic for those above that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

i'm pretty sure part of the change is to prevent players from farming them at low tiers. seal clubbing is bad. mkay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Well planes fly so they aren't seals to be clubbed. Swatted at maybe.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts

anyone know how/if this is affecting the campaigns that require get (X) clear skies?

Will those campaigns be changing to get X air kings, or will it take WoWs 3 patches to realise this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
37 minutes ago, Dareios said:

anyone know how/if this is affecting the campaigns that require get (X) clear skies?

Will those campaigns be changing to get X air kings, or will it take WoWs 3 patches to realise this?

They’ll change.  Can finally put to bed my third campaign mission after, what, nearly two years of off putting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
121
[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,693 battles

This is a change, but far from being good.

55 and 40 are too hard to achieve below tier 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,738 posts
4,360 battles
22 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

This is a change, but far from being good.

55 and 40 are too hard to achieve below tier 7

...meanwhile, the number gets more and more ridiculous as tier go up under the current state.

WG just never get anything done right...maybe this might work if tier 5 can strafe....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
4 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

The change makes perfect sense, and it's good that there is a concrete threshold rather than a percentage that includes planes that will likely never even be launched. Especially given that there are different awards for CVs and non-CVs, that both earn the same signals that would've been earned from a Clear Sky.

the reason for the change was cause there was 1 tier that had trouble getting clear sky and to get it they needed around 75+ planes shot down in a match, if you haven't worked it out it was tier 10 Hakuryu players couldn't get clear sky or had a lot off trouble getting it when they vs a midway with its 136 hanger so they did what they do best and they got WG to change it. Problem now is that anything below tier 10 will have a lot off trouble getting the new achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SYN]
Members
511 posts
5,971 battles
8 hours ago, ausanimal said:

the reason for the change was cause there was 1 tier that had trouble getting clear sky and to get it they needed around 75+ planes shot down in a match, if you haven't worked it out it was tier 10 Hakuryu players couldn't get clear sky or had a lot off trouble getting it when they vs a midway with its 136 hanger so they did what they do best and they got WG to change it. Problem now is that anything below tier 10 will have a lot off trouble getting the new achievements.

Should have done either/or... 50% or x number of ac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
926
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,309 battles
11 hours ago, pyantoryng said:

...meanwhile, the number gets more and more ridiculous as tier go up under the current state.

WG just never get anything done right...maybe this might work if tier 5 can strafe....

Strafe all you want, when the enemy only has 30 some planes it's a ridiculous number. WG continues its derisive behavior towards those of us who like low to mid tier play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

Should have done either/or... 50% or x number of ac

but we know WG have a lot off trouble thinking and working things out, i got into a debate with someone over this change and there only answer was cause tier 10 is the end game content in a way and WG should focus on that. problem was clear sky you need at least 30 planes and 50% off total planes so come when you vs a midway the number you need is 70+, the easy thing would off been to just have all 3 achievements but can only get 1 a day, so lower level tiers still have the chance to get clear sky and if there real lucky the other two which until tier 7-8 it will be hard to get 55 plane kills, i got 52 plane kills vs a enterprise in a lexington. with the two new ones tier 10 have the chance to get it now with king off the sky making it just 55 planes and no % and ships with AA to help cover other ships.

that's the way i would off done it have all 3 achievements to allow for everyone on every tier to have the same chance off getting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
48 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Strafe all you want, when the enemy only has 30 some planes it's a ridiculous number. WG continues its derisive behavior towards those of us who like low to mid tier play. 

pretty much the 2 new ones are for tier 10 players even at tier 8 the hanger sizer is only 72 which only gives room for 20-25 planes to be shot down by ships any more and the CV cant get it, plus with the limit off squads you can have out and all that you will have to be lucky to get it at tier 8, best ive done is 52 kills and that was vs a bad enterprise player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,357
[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
14 hours ago, MidnightShamalan said:

i'm pretty sure part of the change is to prevent players from farming them at low tiers. seal clubbing is bad. mkay?

Well, unethical maybe, but not illegal.  :Smile_hiding:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,006 battles

Well something need to happen.... was in my hakaryu yestersay and shot down **wait for it** 86 planes still didnt get clear sky.....

Edited by JessieTheKitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[GLF]
Members
767 posts
9,037 battles
16 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Well something need to happen.... was in my hakaryu yestersay and shot down **wait for it** 86 planes still didnt get clear sky.....

And likewise, my 60 plane effort in kidd that obviously wasn't heroic enough to earn flags.  Clear skies was configured so irrationally.  I welcome the change that has a concrete number like this.  Though it seems steep for you sky cancer players, I can't say i feel any sympathy.  

Edited by AnimaL21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
3 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:
19 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Well something need to happen.... was in my hakaryu yestersay and shot down **wait for it** 86 planes still didnt get clear sky.....

And likewise, my 60 plane effort in kidd that obviously wasn't heroic enough to earn flags.  Clear skies was configured so irrationally.  I welcome the change that has a concrete number like this.  Though it seems steep for you sky cancer players, I can't say i feel any sympathy. 

i think the 2 new achievements that WG are going to add are fair most off all for tier 10 players, trying to work out how many planes you need to shoot down when you vs a midway can be a pain in the [edited], like JessieTheKitty said 86 and no clear sky which means there was more then 36 spotter/fighter planes in total on the other team if i'm right it counts the total number on ships even if they don't use them all or the ship sinks its still counted into the total.

But WG should off still left clear sky in there for the lower tiers to be able to get it and if needed changed it from once per battle to once per day for all 3 to stop people farming them, allowing everyone over all the tiers to be able to get the signal flags as king of the sky pretty much rules out any tier lower then 9-10 unless your lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,006 battles
1 minute ago, ausanimal said:

i think the 2 new achievements that WG are going to add are fair most off all for tier 10 players, trying to work out how many planes you need to shoot down when you vs a midway can be a pain in the [edited], like JessieTheKitty said 86 and no clear sky which means there was more then 36 spotter/fighter planes in total on the other team if i'm right it counts the total number on ships even if they don't use them all or the ship sinks its still counted into the total.

But WG should off still left clear sky in there for the lower tiers to be able to get it and if needed changed it from once per battle to once per day for all 3 to stop people farming them, allowing everyone over all the tiers to be able to get the signal flags as king of the sky pretty much rules out any tier lower then 9-10 unless your lucky.

Yup, midway, grosser x3, yamato, montana x2, zao, hindenburg x3....

thats over 30 planes (not counting captain perks or premium mods or SI) 

hell with SI, premium and catapult skill i think grosser can have like 9 or 10 planes.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
1 minute ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Yup, midway, grosser x3, yamato, montana x2, zao, hindenburg x3....

thats over 30 planes (not counting captain perks or premium mods or SI) 

hell with SI, premium and catapult skill i think grosser can have like 9 or 10 planes.....

and you start adding them all up and your getting close to at least 170 planes meaning you need at least 85 on a rough guess, that why i think the change is good for players like you that play CV at tier 10 you know how many planes you need, but WG shouldn't off screwed the other tiers over with it and left clear sky in and changed it to once per day, so as a tier 10 CV you know you can get king off the sky at 55 and if real good and lucky clear sky to, but allows the lower tiers i.e tier 6 which cant get king of the sky as there is not enough planes the chance to get clear sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
926
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,309 battles

 

T10 players here's a new acheivement....screw the rest of you...just like T10 players here your free super containers for each ship you have..screw the rest of you.  Like it's not enough to be the top tier, let's give them more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×