You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NorfolknChance_NA

Hi all, and a newbie Question for you...

12 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
195 battles

Hi All,

New to WoWs and just wanted to say Hello... and if I may ask a Question?

I searched high and low could not find the answer. In BATTLE how do I tag another players name without having to type it out? I tried CTRL + all sorts of combinations, but looks something like this...

NorfolknChance:

“Concentrate Fire on Bad Guy...H9”

In the same area, the quick message “F” keys can I change the different phrases?

Norfolk.

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Misread 

Edited by Gascan75

[SSBN]
Members
291 posts
4,922 battles
8 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

F3

You have to have your aim point on the target then press f3

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,244 battles

I dont know if im getting it right but, you're asking how concentrate fire on x player works?

If that's your question well my friend the F3 key is your friend.

Put the aiming point over the desired target's name and press F3 (you don't need to press CTRL). If you do it on the red guys it will automatically send a message in chat saying "concentrate fire on x player" . Likewise if you put the aiming point on a friendly and press F3 it will automatically send a message of "Defend that x teammate", if you put the aiming point on a capture point, if its red it will send a message of capture that area, if its green it will say Defend that area. If you do it on red planes it will say target those bombers/fighters/torpedo bombers.

Read the F keys messages and use them accordingly, if you need help search for the requesting assistance, and if a player is close press the assistance help key with the aiming point over his name.

NO, you cant change the messages, those are pre-set

Edited by Sidelock
  • Cool 2

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,244 battles

double post, please delete

Edited by Sidelock

[WOLF3]
Members
5,928 posts
2,203 battles

Welcome Norfolk... There are very few stupid questions.  Come here and ask as it bewilders you.  (I'm still not up on the F keys.)

• Cool 1

[-S-R-]
Members
317 posts
7,103 battles

That is also how you can call out for teammates to capture a point or say well done to a specific player.  Put that aim point (or the very small center white dot) on the capture point diamond/square and hit:

F3 to say capture the point, or focus fire, or protect target

Focus on a friendly ship and hit F11 to say well done commander X!

Oh, and welcome to WOWS and the forums!!!

Edited by TheCompGuy25
  • Cool 1

Members
4 posts
195 battles

Right I think I’ve got it. For any other lost mute souls out there wanting to communicate...

In-Battle AIM your target marker at a team mate then press one “F-Key” between F2 and F12.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/132026-new-f-key-commands/

examples with the voice over in “...”:

I point at a teammate and press [F3]...

NorfolknChance: “Provide cover for “

:TEAMMATE01: BLACKSWAN

I point at a Bad Guy and Press [F3]...

NorfolknChance: “Concentrate fire “

:BADGUY01: ORLAN

Not all the F-Keys will bind to the target, [F5] does “Request Support” but others don’t. The game seems to lack some of the basic controls and how they work. This could be a great tool.

Thanks for the help guys,

Norfolk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-R28fd5ac&index=7&list=PLVmXzlhZvJVR-MXy4ImX8z43qI4SjhsWG&t=85s

Cap & Fishy? This is very expensive garbage longest 2 minutes of my life. Doesn’t get the point across or its just lost in translation with me.

[H_]
Members
217 posts
6,973 battles

I also believe you can Hit and hold the B key and an overlay will appear on your screen and you can put your mouse pointer on it and select the message you want.  I find this much easier then hitting F keys.. However I also thought I heard or read somewhere that this maybe going away?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

I find the aiming point aspect of the F3 command a bit tricky - too often I mean to call for focus fire on a destroyer and I end up sending a signal to capture area X, i.e., the cap the destroyer is in.  So if you've gotten the hang of it, good for you.