You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captaindon130

Ship to Ship Communications

8 comments in this topic

[HMCS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
49 posts
2,273 battles

I would like to be able to text to other ships/players during a battle. This would be like a private chat in division play. I would chat about how good a job they just did or tell them I am sorry for doing something stupid. I have looked all over the place with no success so would appreciate anyone's comments.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,440 battles

You can chat to everyone in the battle, only to your team or to your division mates.

Members
9,862 posts
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

You can chat to everyone in the battle, only to your team or to your division mates.

He wants a private messaging function I think...

About the only thing you could do at present is to add the player as a contact, and message them in port after battle....However people may object, many people don't like random pm's.

Edited by awiggin

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,440 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

However people may object, many people don't like random pm's.

I think the tone is more important than anything. If your PM is nice and friendly, most people won't get upset. Plus, you're likely to have more of their attention, since they're not actively trying to play a match at that point.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
58 minutes ago, Captaindon130 said:

I would like to be able to text to other ships/players during a battle. This would be like a private chat in division play. I would chat about how good a job they just did or tell them I am sorry for doing something stupid. I have looked all over the place with no success so would appreciate anyone's comments.

Pm{Personal Message} Not all players like this option. Some Parents don't allow them {for the kiddies that play} In port PM are usually demeaning in content from strangers. I don't read the chat during any given Battle after the hello's. I use Discord for my communications. I do see your intentions but you are the exceotion rather than the rule.

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,241 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Pm{Personal Message} Not all players like this option. Some Parents don't allow them {for the kiddies that play} In port PM are usually demeaning in content from strangers. I don't read the chat during any given Battle after the hello's. I use Discord for my communications. I do see your intentions but you are the exceotion rather than the rule.

Totally agree, PM messages, despite been a good idea, have the potential of been

A) Annyoing Salt Spam

B) Dangerous Messages to underage players (do we actually have kids playing here?, i thought all of them were playing Fortnite)

C) Annoying Stalking Toxic Spam

The intentions are good, but the bad things that could come up from this are too great, so i don't agree with it. Sorry Op.

[HMCS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
49 posts
2,273 battles

OK I understand. Can I join a clan and then use Discord to chat to other players (in the clan)? I tried to join or create a division but never found anyone that would use Discord. Thanks for all your comments.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,924 posts
2,193 battles

You can use Discord for any collection of folks, but they have to want to use DIscord too.