You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CLUCH_CARGO

When do the details come?

28 comments in this topic

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Being a Clan Officer I try to keep my Members up to date on changes impending.

The USN Cruiser Split.

Main Questions asked

1.What happens to my Captains on each ship?

2.Will I get the ships in the split if I already have all the USN Ships to top Tier?

3.What if I only have the ships up to New Orleans?

4.Where do my Ships Exp go when they dropped a tier?

5.Will my 19 pt Captain on my Cleveland stay with my New up tiered Cleveland?

These Questions have not been officially addressed that I can find.

Please  Someone with this Knowledge Point me in the right direction. {Official WG answers}

• Bad 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,037 posts
9,184 battles

WG makes detailed announcements. 

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

This was discussed a while back about what happens to our captains in the cleveland during the tier change and most said they would be leaving a minor captain in their ship while moving the main captain to reserves. From what i understood is that when cleve tiers up it will get a replacement captain.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

WG will make a very detailed announcement pre-split to make sure everyone understands. I can speculate based on past line splits, but I won't. Rest assured, WG will be generous during the split.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

WG will make a very detailed announcement pre-split to make sure everyone understands. I can speculate based on past line splits, but I won't. Rest assured, WG will be generous during the split.

I'm curious to what you mean as "generous"?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

WG tends to err on the side of generous when doing tech tree splits, and you're likely to end up with multiple free ships and free slots if you have appropriate ships in port.

As for details, they will come from WG about a week or two before the actual split comes.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

People will be able to gain XP, credits, captains, port slots, and free boats out of this line split. WG will air on the side of generosity in compensating people during the split. No one needs to worry about being 'short-changed'. That's what I mean by generous.

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

People will be able to gain XP, credits, captains, port slots, and free boats out of this line split. WG will air on the side of generosity in compensating people during the split. No one needs to worry about being 'short-changed'. That's what I mean by generous.

Ahh got ya. Thanks for that.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

WG tends to err on the side of generous when doing tech tree splits, and you're likely to end up with multiple free ships and free slots if you have appropriate ships in port.

As for details, they will come from WG about a week or two before the actual split comes.

Thanks. This makes me so happy i have the ships in question. Gonna be fun.

Members
1,161 posts
501 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

is having a Balt and Cleveland a good thing. to benefit most from the "generosity"?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

is having a Balt and Cleveland a good thing. to benefit most from the "generosity"?

Wait for the details to be posted by WG.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
287 posts
13,584 battles

so how do i maximize the Cleveland when it becomes a tier 8? will it keep all the XP it has when it shifts??? or will it shift and start at 0?

[GLF]
Beta Testers
520 posts
10,383 battles
38 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

leaving a minor captain in their ship while moving the main captain to reserves.

This actually sounds like a good idea. Think I'll do the same. All my USN ships are Port Queens, but I don't want to lose any xp on Cleve's Capt.

Sometimes shift happens and I'd rather be safe than sorry

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
34 minutes ago, _Bunyan_ said:

so how do i maximize the Cleveland when it becomes a tier 8? will it keep all the XP it has when it shifts??? or will it shift and start at 0?

Wait for details to be posted. You'll have all your questions answered.

Members
9,862 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Past performance does not guarantee future results. :Smile_teethhappy:

But yes, they'd be foolish to stray far from how they handled previous splits.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles

IF (and this is a HUGE if) the split happens like the previous splits then ...

1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The Captain stays at the TIER he was previously, not with the ship.

2.Will I get the ships in the split if I already have all the USN Ships to top Tier?

Yes, you will keep all the old ones and get all the new replacements in the original line, but not in the new line.

Then you'll keep Cleveland and Pensacola, and get any new ships in the old line up to New Orleans. If you have New Orleans you will keep her also.

XP, unlike Captains, stays with the ship.

No, so you might pull him out and replace him with a scrub Captain until after the split. That may work, and again it may not.

This is how I remember it happening during both the Russian and IJN DD splits.

42 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Past performance does not guarantee future results. :Smile_teethhappy:

But yes, they'd be foolish to stray far from how they handled previous splits.

Ain't this the sad truth!

And @Lert is correct when he says that WoW has been VERY generous during both the previous splits.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

And @Lert is correct when he says that WoW has been VERY generous during both the previous splits.

WG has been like that in tanks as well. Seems to be company-wide policy.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

IF (and this is a HUGE if) the split happens like the previous splits then ...

The Captain stays at the TIER he was previously, not with the ship.

Yes, you will keep all the old ones and get all the new replacements in the original line, but not in the new line.

Then you'll keep Cleveland and Pensacola, and get any new ships in the old line up to New Orleans. If you have New Orleans you will keep her also.

XP, unlike Captains, stays with the ship.

No, so you might pull him out and replace him with a scrub Captain until after the split. That may work, and again it may not.

This is how I remember it happening during both the Russian and IJN DD splits.

Ain't this the sad truth!

Will I have to grind back to the new Cleveland? in the new line? what about perm camo? or premium mods installed on Cleveland?

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
421 posts
18,291 battles

I Just want to be able to sell of my cartoon ships for something and get rid of all those captains

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles
23 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I Just want to be able to sell of my cartoon ships for something and get rid of all those captains

For me, those Commanders staffed my IJN ships with 10 pointers.  Just had to change their language.

[LUCK]
Members
1,274 posts
18,965 battles

An uncorroborated source, with questionable credibility said they would confiscate all USN cruisers, camo and captains subsequent to the split and make everyone re-grind both lines from Tier 1 after having to buy Erie for 20,000,000 credits.

Wait a minute...I said that in a drunken stupor...don't believe anything I say...where's John Lovitz when you need him.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[WOLF3]
Members
5,882 posts
2,193 battles
4 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Being a Clan Officer I try to keep my Members up to date on changes impending.

The USN Cruiser Split.

Main Questions asked

These Questions have not been officially addressed that I can find.

Please  Someone with this Knowledge Point me in the right direction. {Official WG answers}

Consensus so far fro observing past splits, none of which had all the issues that this one will:

1)  Captain stays at previous place in the line and takes over the replacement ship.

2) In the CA line, yes.  In the CL line, we don't know (no one has them all, obviously).

3) All ships move down to fill the place that Cleveland had; you add Baltimore where NO was.  Beaver to CL T8.  The rest of the CLs unknown.

4) The XP stays at the place where it was.  e.g. Beaver XP will now be on the down-tiered Pensie.

5)  No.  Move him to Reserve (or better, to a Premium) before the split, then back to Beaver.  Retraining should not apply then, but ??

There are no official answers.  The big question (to me) is that in previous splits that resulted in "duplicate" ships at a slot (e.g. CA T6) the purchase price was awarded instead of the duplicate.  But with this split, CL T6 is open.  So, do we get the CL T6 (Dallas) instead of the credits?  Likewise CL T7 (Helena).

Don't forget to consider permanent camos.  Perm camo on Baltimore would appear to lead to perm camo on the replacement Buffalo AND Balto keeping its camo.

None of this is certain, pending a WG pronouncement.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,882 posts
2,193 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I better make sure Ive got the Cleveland researched suddenly.

Don't just research Beaver, buy it.  After the split you will have T8 Beaver researched, but it will cost a lot more to buy at T8.

Baltimore at T9 is not eligible for Clan discounts.  Replacement Buffalo will not be, either.  Accordingly, I have not bought Balto yet, but I will research it before the split and buy under clan discount at T8.  This will also leave me with researched (but unbought) Buffalo, which I can save up for.  So for spending a T9 research packet, I will get a T8 and a T9.  (Plus T8 Beaver.)  IMO there is some real value there.