You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Alternate solution for "Exiting the Battle...while still alive"

77 comments in this topic

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles

To exit battle while still alive you have to hit "Escape">"Exit Battle"...connect penalty to "Exit Battle" button w/a warning that confirmation will result in an instant orange status if still alive.

That way people that actually get disconnected will not be penalized because they didn't actually select the "Exit Battle" button but those that are trying to intentionally leave will at least have to wait until battle is finished before being able to jump into another battle if they don't select the "Exit Battle" button.

Too easy?

Edit...this in conjunction w/putting TKers in Co-Op w/just other TKers & bots would be a workable solution that doesn't detriment any of the actual player base.

Edit to 1st edit...I'm just referring to putting orange TKers in Co-Op w/other orange TKers & bots...not pink TKers...guess that was assumed so far as nobody has ranted about it yet (I would...which is why I'm adding the clarifier).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 1

Members
9,868 posts
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

To exit battle while still alive you have to hit "Escape">"Exit Battle"...connect penalty to "Exit Battle" button w/a warning that confirmation will result in an instant orange status if still alive.

That way people that actually get disconnected will not be penalized because they didn't actually select the "Exit Battle" button but those that are trying to intentionally leave will at least have to wait until battle is finished before being able to jump into another battle if they don't select the "Exit Battle" button.

Too easy?

Err, you do realize that people can just pull a plug, and appear to have disconnected...right? :Smile_teethhappy:

Face it, no matter what you do, people will find a way to exploit it.

• Cool 3

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Err, you do realize that people can just pull a plug, and appear to have disconnected...right? :Smile_teethhappy:

True enough but how many people will unplug their computer to escape a bad battle? Your talking EXTREME.

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

They can also "Windows Key">"Right Mouse Button (over icon on taskbar)">"Close Window"...w/out having to wait for the whole computer to reload...but their only option (in either of those 2 scenarios) is to reload back into the same game or wait until that battle is over. My solution stops them from being able to exit a battle & be able to jump into another battle before that battle is over w/out receiving instant orange status & eliminating the DC people from receiving pink status undeservedly.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
19 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

True enough but how many people will unplug their computer to escape a bad battle? Your talking EXTREME.

They can just pull out the Ethernet cable.  It used to happen a lot when I played NHL and UFC games on PS3.

Members
17,814 posts
5,087 battles
29 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, but reconnecting will load you back into the battle, not your port, so there's no benefit to doing so.

Only by clicking the Exit Battle button can you wind up back in port.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I love how WG is steaming forward with a punishment system really fast but bugs and glitches we've had since the game launched remain.

Way to prioritize WG!

• Cool 1

Members
4,457 posts
6,185 battles

You can just put your fist thru PC screen Simple. Am surprised I have not done this as of yet.:Smile-angry:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
17,814 posts
5,087 battles
4 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

They can just pull out the Ethernet cable.  It used to happen a lot when I played NHL and UFC games on PS3.

And then they still have to wait for the battle to end before reconnecting, or they just end up back in the battle.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,202 posts
7,185 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

They still won't escape a bad battle. When they log back in, they'll go right back to the same battle if they force a disconnect. :fish_haloween:

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,214 battles

I think the disconnect penalty should only be first 15 minutes.  After that any players that DC are doing it cause the battle is lost or won and its just mopping up, and boring for BB players on wrong side of map...happens and only time I DC when we are winning and are going to win, but I have to wait 5 minutes for the cap counter or to find the last ship....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,199 posts
3,871 battles
Just now, Morpheous said:

I think the disconnect penalty should only be first 15 minutes.  After that any players that DC are doing it cause the battle is lost or won and its just mopping up, and boring for BB players on wrong side of map...happens and only time I DC when we are winning and are going to win, but I have to wait 5 minutes for the cap counter or to find the last ship....

Fight to the end or take your lumps. Plenty of games turn around in the last 5 minutes.

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,214 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

Fight to the end or take your lumps. Plenty of games turn around in the last 5 minutes.

I am talking about the extremes, made that clear, and no they don't in those cases, they are done.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,199 posts
3,871 battles
2 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

I am talking about the extremes, made that clear, and no they don't in those cases, they are done.

My point stands.

[SALVO]
Members
16,632 posts
17,300 battles
1 hour ago, AspiringCodger said:

Or they can just sail to the back line of the map, and stop playing and ALT-TAB to their browser or something else, or walk away and come back in 10-15 minutes or so when the battle is over.  Or they could just yolo into the enemy fleet and commit suicide by enemy fire.

There are too many ways for a player to simply refuse to further participate in a battle.  And quite frankly, often I think that some teams are so damned bad that I have a hard time blaming some people for bugging out.  Sometimes bailing on a disgustingly horrible team is much less of a travesty than having to endure the remainder of the battle with them.

[-BSS-]
Members
385 posts
5,934 battles

What about a vote to system to forfeit but it requires 100 percent of surviving ships to agree

• Bad 2

[BIAS]
Members
3,049 posts
9,032 battles

task manager/end process.....

easier than pulling the plug.

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles

LOL to WG for this craziness. Detonations? Ok, early player exit no problem so long as we shove you out of the match you put money and effort into.  Early player self-exit -- literally the same as detonation but by choice -- WG metes out a punishment. 

Hokay.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Control/Alt/Delete ... close the program via Task Manager ... reopen when the game has expired. Takes less than a minute to do the bail, but the wait time for the game you're in will really kill that idea. Bit it certainly is possible; just not very practical.

14 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

task manager/end process.....

easier than pulling the plug.

See ... Ducky knows ... takes a certain type of mind I guess.

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles

I've exited battles by killing WoWS through task manager and forced log-offs/shutdowns. I've only ever done this to resolve gui freezes, and I try to get back in the fight as soon as I can (since exiting normally will send me back to port).

[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

I love how WG is steaming forward with a punishment system really fast but bugs and glitches we've had since the game launched remain.

It's been a long time coming, a new punishment system I mean. It's been the same system for years with slight changes.

[-AVA-]
Members
137 posts
7,218 battles

They ought to at least put in some sort of grace period in the first few minutes of the battle for those that didn't connect or disconnect early on to ease up on the penalties.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,434 posts
4,557 battles

Blaming the players for poor game balance is not going to work.

I suspect the problem has much to do with being that sole Tier 5 in a Tier 7 fight ...

Or any bottom tier ship in a fight for that matter.

The discrepancy in capabilities is enormous (take AA against aircraft two-three tiers higher than yourself, for example).

It's very easy for players to become discouraged and disillusioned when bottom tier.

In their mind, they may as well just quit out of the game given their chances of actually enjoying themselves.

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun as well as challenging.

• Bad 2

Members
1,788 posts
17,406 battles
3 hours ago, dmckay said:

You can just put your fist thru PC screen Simple. Am surprised I have not done this as of yet.:Smile-angry:

I have stated multiple times that a person could become an instant Trillionaire if they could design a computer &/or laptop screen that can take a punch (or a sledgehammer hit...or a bullet...small thermonuclear explosion...is the horse dead yet?)