You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HyenaHiena

CO-OP penality is a terrible idea

35 comments in this topic

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles

Co-op penality for TK is a terrible idea.

For one example, If you play with dds you have sometimes big chances to hit your own team, not even intentional (like drops torpedos is flank)

Really, its a terrible ideia, 'punish' making people play co-op its S*CKs.

Dont do that.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 10

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I don't like the idea either, but if you're unintentionally torping your own teammates enough that you're worried about turning orange, you have bigger issues.

• Cool 5

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

I don't like the idea either, but if you're unintentionally torping your own teammates enough that you're worried about turning orange, you have bigger issues.

Sometimes happens, with some dds with long range slow torps (like black!). you drop to kill one targer you team literal have time to move and get hitted by your torps.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

I'll gladly pay penance for my occasional carelessness if it keeps serial TK'ers out of PvP. 

• Cool 6

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Keep in mind, this is for repeat offenders. Pink means you are given a warning. Orange means you deserve it. If you go pink once a week, that is a personal problem.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Vangm94

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,343 battles
5 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Sometimes happens, with some dds with long range slow torps (like black!). you drop to kill one targer you team literal have time to move and get hitted by your torps.

You need to think more before you torp. There are times when you have to not launch them. It is not: are friendly ships 'in the way right now'. It is: are they 'anywhere in between me and my target'. Most of the time you shouldn't launch your torps on an enemy that is already under focus. Those torps are usually better fired at another target.

Check your map and see what the team is doing and hit the reds that are coming, not the ones that are there already unless you work your way into a position that doesn't make your torps a threat to your team first.

• Cool 1

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Stop hiding behind your cruiser line and lay your torpedoes from out in front like standard tactics dictate. Hell, this problems even worse when you notice your allied DD is well out of torp range of the enemy and hes still firing torps behind you.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,519 battles

Things happen.

I recently went pink in my Shimakaze. It was late in a battle. I was fighting another Shimakaze and we both unloaded torps at each other in between gunfire.

His missed, most of mine did not.

But the torps still have a 20km run.

Further out, a friendly NC going between islands took two of my remaining torps and was sunk.

Accidents happen. I served my Pink time and moved on. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
26 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

It doesn't if you check your torp range, teammate position and heading, and intervening islands on the mini map before you set those fish loose. 

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles
1 minute ago, VictoryInThePacific said:

Most of this is red herrings. It's still a poor penalty system and several on this board came up with much better ones.

?

Sure, some don't like the idea but what is so misleading about the Co-op punishment situation?

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
43 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

For one example, If you play with dds you have sometimes big chances to hit your own team, not even intentional (like drops torpedos is flank)

Dont do that.

they could relegate to Scenario\Operations.  Was in a match last night with a division of clan yaw-whoos from @sshate.  Four of um.  All they did the whole match was shoot at me and the other two people on the team.  However, seems like shooting at friendlies in Scenario does no TK damage.   

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Although I still like the other thread on this same subject where the consensus was to sentence WoW TK'ers to having to play World of Warplanes.  

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
54 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Things happen.

I recently went pink in my Shimakaze. It was late in a battle. I was fighting another Shimakaze and we both unloaded torps at each other in between gunfire.

His missed, most of mine did not.

But the torps still have a 20km run.

Further out, a friendly NC going between islands took two of my remaining torps and was sunk.

Accidents happen. I served my Pink time and moved on. 

thats terrible, you need alert ever second to a random potato bb of your team dont eat your torps.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
45 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

It doesn't if you check your torp range, teammate position and heading, and intervening islands on the mini map before you set those fish loose. 

And control friend ships too right? And put one big alert in minimap for all torps?

Really, some torps are really slow and long range util they get in the range you alread send +1/2 waves of torps.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,678 battles

I get it. We're all likely guilty of going pink at some point due to our own mistakes or miscalculations, or team mates not watching. We pay our penance of the 5 or so matches without team damage and reset ourselves. However, Co-op is a game mode some players like myself prefer to play to avoid drama, long queue times,, etc. So if a guy goes beyond pink to orange,  you're nerow punishing them but also a portion of your player base. If a player can't learn after turning pink and pay his penance without doing team damage again, they should get a 1 week ban from the game, not more opportunity to cause grief. This is a bad idea.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Simple solutions:

1.Turn off Friendly fire.

2.Charge 10X the cost of ordnance that hits a friendly. "Post battle charges"

3.Remove all ship Exp from offending ship. No Exp on said ship remove Exp from top ship in port.

4.Remove the top tier ship from the offenders port. Must be earned and payed for again. 

5.Place the offender back to service lvl 1.  The player still owns what is in  their port just can't use them till they reinstate the 15th lvl in service.

Severe? Yes 

Will it work ? Yes

Don't like this as a penalty? Don't do the wrong things.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 hour ago, HyenaHiena said:

And control friend ships too right? And put one big alert in minimap for all torps?

Really, some torps are really slow and long range util they get in the range you alread send +1/2 waves of torps.

Well, I've only torped a friendly one time and I fully admit it was my fault for getting trigger happy during the great low tier feeding frenzy to earn Mikasa last year. I wasn't expecting him to double back to try and take the kill first, and he got between the target and my torps. Still my fault. 

It's not hard to use torps in such a way as to not endanger your allies. You just have to be aware of where they are and how far your torps can travel. Remember that the further away from you a friendly is the less sure you are of where they'll be when your torps get to that range. Your torps are always your responsibility.

Members
1,866 posts

I ran all of the Normandie camo missions in co-op. There are lots of pink players serving their time in co-op now, because the matches are faster. You won't notice much difference from this. I think the idea of it is what irks the co-op players.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Simple solutions:

This is really all that's needed.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

They should send them to the training room not COOP. Make them run a few scenarios that require completion in order to get back into random play. Training bots in the training room could have scenarios that require proper shooting and use of weapons without making COOP players suffer. Its not really fair to treat COOP like some kind of prison dumping ground for the unwanted.

Use the training rooms WG.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The best option. Destroy the trolls and eventually mistakes.

[GT99]
Members
150 posts
5,472 battles
8 hours ago, HyenaHiena said:

Dont do that.

No, it's not, it's a great idea. I've been pink a couple times and where do you think I  went on my own? PVE, that's where to scrub off the offending color. Bear in mind that I actually started playing some Co-op again here and there just for reasons. Things happen sometimes and I am sure WG realizes this and has made or will make accommodations in their software for people that are not habitual TK'ers. People that are numbnuts will eventually find their way out the door on their own.

Don't fret over it, it's not really that bad, plus it's not on the live server yet so we don't have real-world use cases yet to make a determination and neither does WG. Let it play out and see where it goes and let WG make adjustments that I am sure will need to be made. You can't succeed or make things better if you don't try, the only failure is the failure to try.

Guess I ruffled somebody's feathers. I was trying to be positive, I see that negativity rules around here....sad.

Edited by T1mb3rWo1f
Sadness
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,180 posts
11,693 battles

I will enjoy seeing DDs who don't watch where they shoot their torps be sent to Co-op jail for a while.

Members
1,308 posts
21,107 battles
6 hours ago, Bravo_Zulu_000 said:

So if a guy goes beyond pink to orange,  you're nerow punishing them but also a portion of your player base.

I rarely play coop, but I agree.  Those who play coop shouldn't feel like their game has been moved to Australia.

• Cool 1