You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commando_brian

Better Idea on how to punish Team Killers

57 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
219 posts
10,618 battles

Update 7.4 will  brings a new way WOWS try to deal with Team Killers , they plan to dump them on Co-op !?  How this is fair to those good players who prefer Co-op  I have know Idea but, here's a better way that's workable tech wise and more Importantly  brings justice to all!                  Here's the solution........ Send the Team Killers to Co-op but, Have MM place them on Pink only teams!!!! this way good players in Random,Operations,Co-op won't have to deal with them. all Pink teams would be set up by MM (bots if there's not enough pink players) and they would have to play in this Pink team VS bot mode  depending on the violation... what do you think???

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,454 posts
5,649 battles

I think the queue time would be pretty overtly ohorrendous if every teamkillers must play amongst 7 other teamkillers to wash off their sins...

And I hope you mean repeated offenders, like the orange named players, because getting pink occasionally because of unintentional mistakes happens all the time.

I like the idea of lengthening the queue time for repeated offenders, placing them on a low priority queue and increases their queue time accordingly.

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
5,649 battles

Make them play World Of Warplanes.....they will never team kill again hehehehehe

• Funny 4

Members
9,861 posts
2 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I think the queue time would be pretty overtly ohorrendous if every teamkillers must play amongst 7 other teamkillers to wash off their sins...

And I hope you mean repeated offenders, like the orange named players, because getting pink occasionally because of unintentional mistakes happens all the time.

I like the idea of lengthening the queue time for repeated offenders, placing them on a low priority queue and increases their queue time accordingly.

There is no queue time in co-op...

30 secs and you go with bots....better than subjecting the players that prefer co-op to it....

But then WG has been trying to drive players out of co-op and into random for years, perhaps this is simply another bad attempt....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
21 minutes ago, awiggin said:

But then WG has been trying to drive players out of co-op and into random for years, perhaps this is simply another bad attempt....:Smile_teethhappy:

Normal awiggin B.S. spoken again.

Do you have any FACTS that WG is planning to drive out players from Co-Op or is this your normal bilge water you pump out?

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[RED]
Alpha Tester
428 posts
8,415 battles
27 minutes ago, commando_brian said:

How this is fair to those good players who prefer Co-op

There are good players in Co-op???   Who? Capt Oxymoron, Capt cant shoot straight, Capt hide behind a rock,  Capt sniper..... :cap_haloween:

• Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, Nittany_Lion said:

There are good players in Co-op???   Who? Capt Oxymoron, Capt cant shoot straight, Capt hide behind a rock,  Capt sniper..... :cap_haloween:

Actually this sounds more like a Random game.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,308 posts
10,095 battles
  1. add a forgive button to the report/compliment feature so if you receive tk damage and it was an accident and hold no grudge it can be forgiven and not count against the person. We ALL have done it at some point and if you apologize and all it could be solved amicably between the 2 parties.
  2. maintain the current system of going pink for 1st time and rare offenders. Can play any mode and small number of games to remove. Go a certain amount of time without problems and your record is wiped clean.
  3. for those who do it more often and aren't quite cleaning their act up well enough by being pink, but not habitually, have them go purple. They must serve their time in a TK mode that is just like Co-op but is only populated by purple tk'ers vs the bots. If not enough to fill a team friendly bots are added just like with Co-op. The game penalty is much more severe like 20 games or more AND the purple status remains for an equal number of games once you are allowed back into the general population. You are back on a trial basis equal to your punishment phase. Player must go a long time without offending again to drop to the pink system and even longer to have record expunged.  Note ram damage will not count against you once back in gen pop as we all know there are those who would do it just to send you back.
  4. If you STILL don't get it and you tk again during your purple probationary phase you receive a time ban from the game completely. A week or 2. Once back, just as with the purple status, you will now be orange and you will have to play the tk version of Co-op but for double the time as purple and your probationary time will be double too and once you do remove orange status you need to be squeaky clean for a long time.
  5. commit yet another tk and that is it = perma ban.

This is JMHO. It allows for the player who received the damage/death to be the 1st line in deciding if it is forgivable. If they submit a forgive then it is wiped clean. Then the current pink system can be applied to about 90% of us who make an occasional oops. Those who are a bit more dense will have to do hard time in tk jail (that does NOT impact/effect the normal Co-op community) while purple and work at reinstating themselves. For that small group who just will not learn or who does it on purpose there are real consequences and keep doing it and out the door you go.  

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 8

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This is JMHO.

Sounds like a good plan, AT. It would be nice if WG would do something more towards this than what they have planned.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,308 posts
10,095 battles
10 minutes ago, Nittany_Lion said:

6 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Actually this sound more like a Random game.

Yeah no kidding Chaos. Guy clearly has the 2 modes mixed up. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah no kidding Chaos. Guy clearly has the 2 modes mixed up. :Smile_facepalm:

Yup :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

The Simple fact this game needs BOTH PvE and PvP players for this game to grow and KEEP players.

As far as the topic - I think this idea is not very well thought out on WG's part, but I will deal with it and keep playing PvE.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,414 posts
4,049 battles

A better idea, instead of limiting orange or pink players to certain modes, begin reducing their XP and credit income. Orange players that continue effing up even after losing their income take a ban that continues to grow each time that it’s assessed. 

Members
9,861 posts
33 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Normal awiggin B.S. spoken again.

Do you have any FACTS that WG is planning to drive out players from Co-Op or is this your normal bilge water you pump out?

Really? WG DEVS have stated a number of times that they don't want PVE to be a players main mode, that it's only a practice mode....

And no I'm not going to sort thru the last year or two of Dev comments to find the references...:Smile_teethhappy:

Why do you think they threw random BOT CV's into Co-op? Because PVE players were begging for CV's? :Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Really? WG DEVS have stated a number of times that they don't want PVE to be a players main mode, that it's only a practice mode....

And no I'm not going to sort thru the last year or two of Dev comments to find the references...:Smile_teethhappy:

As normal you do not post anything to prove you point, so it is your normal bilge water posting.

• Bad 1

[NOBS]
Members
464 posts
5,308 battles

If wows wants to punish team killers, first they have to remove torp kills from team killers. The majority of pinks are from random torps causing friendly fire in the heat of battle. I've been pink because of it, and other players have been for killing me. Accidents happen when torps are running 

• Cool 1

Members
9,861 posts
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

As normal you do not post anything to prove you point, so it is your normal bilge water posting.

ROFL, If you say so...it's not like I don't regularly post proof of the issues I point out....

Enjoy all the pinks in co-op...:Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Dear @Gneisenau013, @Radar_X or some other member of WG.

Can one of you please show me this memo or posting that this forum member is talking about.

Thank you,

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, awiggin said:

ROFL, If you say so...it's not like I don't regularly post proof of the issues I point out....

I did not claim that you did, but like most bilge water it just seems to form on its own.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,381 battles
43 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  1. add a forgive button to the report/compliment feature so if you receive tk damage and it was an accident and hold no grudge it can be forgiven and not count against the person. We ALL have done it at some point and if you apologize and all it could be solved amicably between the 2 parties.
  2. maintain the current system of going pink for 1st time and rare offenders. Can play any mode and small number of games to remove. Go a certain amount of time without problems and your record is wiped clean.
  3. for those who do it more often and aren't quite cleaning their act up well enough by being pink, but not habitually, have them go purple. They must serve their time in a TK mode that is just like Co-op but is only populated by purple tk'ers vs the bots. If not enough to fill a team friendly bots are added just like with Co-op. The game penalty is much more severe like 20 games or more AND the purple status remains for an equal number of games once you are allowed back into the general population. You are back on a trial basis equal to your punishment phase. Player must go a long time without offending again to drop to the pink system and even longer to have record expunged.  Note ram damage will not count against you once back in gen pop as we all know there are those who would do it just to send you back.
  4. If you STILL don't get it and you tk again during your purple probationary phase you receive a time ban from the game completely. A week or 2. Once back, just as with the purple status, you will now be orange and you will have to play the tk version of Co-op but for double the time as purple and your probationary time will be double too and once you do remove orange status you need to be squeaky clean for a long time.

This is JMHO. It allows for the player who received the damage/death to be the 1st line in deciding if it is forgivable. If they submit a forgive then it is wiped clean. Then the current pink system can be applied to about 90% of us who make an occasional oops. Those who are a bit more dense will have to do hard time in tk jail (that does NOT impact/effect the normal Co-op community) while purple and work at reinstating themselves. For that small group who just will not learn or who does it on purpose there are real consequences and keep doing it and out the door you go.  

Unfortunately, a 'Forgive' button adds another means for the offender to troll the victim.

Turning Pink is not a death sentence..  It's just an inconvenience for a few games.  The Co-Op thing is a new requirement...

You know...   thinking...  thinking... thinking...

Why not MAKE THE OFFENDER A CO-OP BOT.....   Oh my..  I'm laughing so hard at this idea...   Yup...   Red and pink bots across the horizon..  lol

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Make them play World Of Warplanes.....they will never team kill again hehehehehe

^ this.  Scared Straight. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,322 posts
9,381 battles

Thinking more about the Teamkiller Enemy Co-Op idea....

1)  MM chooses the ship for the teamkiller..  might even be a ship the op has never used..  maybe a Hermelin, maybe even a T10 CV ?

2)  No chat in battle, not even with fellow teamkillers on the bot team.

3)  No user name.  MM assigns the name like  :TK1234: to the player - so there is no name/shame or notoriety happening.

4)  Non-Teamkillers can elect to play voluntary matches with no special privileges.....

Hmmmm..   maybe we'd better not do item 4...  It might become more popular than Scenario Operations..  Who knows?

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,879 battles

If you are pink once a week, that is a personal problem and you deserve to go orange and locked up in CooP. You can "TK" but if you are a repeat offender, that is a different issue.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
759 posts
5,738 battles
38 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Dear @Gneisenau013, @Radar_X or some other member of WG.

Can one of you please show me this memo or posting that this forum member is talking about.

Thank you,

@awiggin Can you share where you found this information from?

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

Members
51 posts
1,048 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Much better than what they have actually come up with.

For example if I made a stupid decision that contributed it, I'm going to click forgive and not punish the guy for me putting my ship in a dumb position.