Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

Late night co-op viability

13 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,274 posts
3,584 battles

Yes I realize how easy this is but with only 2479 players on I figured it's more efficient to play co-op.

So:

shot-18_04.17_04_39.38-0609.thumb.jpg.8c74112b7f934104197ec148531d6ce4.jpg

shot-18_04.17_04_39.44-0449.thumb.jpg.ac8fbd4aff3ef59a0712c8059f7507db.jpgshot-18_04.17_04_39.44-0449.thumb.jpg.ac8fbd4aff3ef59a0712c8059f7507db.jpg

It you're in a late-night 5v5 loss this might be of value. Heck it might have merits at 8v8.

• Boring 2

[NOOBS]
Members
79 posts
2,270 battles

Co-Op is now intended as punishment.  Have fun.

• Bad 3

[ARGSY]
Members
5,677 posts
3,870 battles
23 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

It you're in a late-night 5v5 loss this might be of value.

Hell, yes. There's nothing like low-tier bot murder to break the misery of a string of losses.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,274 posts
3,584 battles
24 minutes ago, OnABoat said:

Co-Op is now intended as punishment.  Have fun.

Nah I was there by choice. Wanted to see the XP per minute basically at this hour vs the 5v5/8v8 and occaisional 12v12 now.

Still collecting data.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,677 posts
3,870 battles
9 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_Mikasa said:

they call this the easy way

The win rate is greater than 90% as a general rule, so you can load up with flags, camo etc. (often on a premium ship) and run riot in the knowledge that even if your ship goes down, you'll almost certainly get the first-win bonus (especially if you div up with friends). Yes, I know the gains are greater in Randoms, but sometimes the almost guaranteed win is more important to some people, and there are those who don't mind coughing up real-world money for economic flags and camos in game.

Beta Testers
1,239 posts
1,725 battles

OPh, I know. I played CO-OP exclusively for the first year, then i helped a bunch of friends out learning the game and totally destroyed my stats, then somewhere along the line decided i had to have the Alaska and Zao. Well, Alaska isnt in the game yet, but its really nice walking away from a match with one or two thousand experience in my Ibuki, knowing i'm getting that much closer to a goal..

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,317 battles

I use co-op to get first wins on the prem boats that I no longer use in PvP and wash away the pinkness,
that one gets from time to time. When Iam actually playing off course.

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,189 battles

I play Coop daily to get the early morning cobwebs out and to play some coop-only ships I wouldn't play in PvP (e.g. Okt Rev, Krispy Kreme, Huang-Meh, Mutsu). Prinz used to be in this list but after the upcoming buff it will move to PvP. It helps to wake up before prime time, let's you release steam after a string of losses, and helps train captains in 100% days for ships you seldom play anyway.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,274 posts
3,584 battles

I will test this further in a few days after I've calmed to the point where I can track this idea in Excel.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,294 posts
10,095 battles

If you run premium time, camo, and flags Co-op pays well enough  in credits and XP to keep you solvent and progress to any goal you wish even if at a slower pace than Random (which pays much better for sure). Premium ships help even more in Co-op.

I have every T10 BB in the game, have 3 of the T10 Cruisers and am at T7-T8 in the rest, have Missouri and Musashi, have 5 19pt Capt's, etc... all as a Co-op main (6K+ Co-op / 172 Random). Started Dec 2016. It can be done BUT it will take more patience if you do it all in Co-op as I have pretty much done. 

Also, if you play Co-op regularly in the upper mid to high tiers it requires some real money be sent for those things I mention above. Most do that for Randoms as well though too don't they? It doesn't bother me that I need to buy premium time, perma camos, and flags to make the resources I do. I like the game and have fun so the small investment of funds is worth it to me. Even more so as it lets me avoid Randoms which I hate.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I play Co-Op and Operations because I am a long time PvE player - from my MMORPG days, I do step into Random and Rank once in a great while but I hate the general cluster F:etc_swear:k of Random.

And I dislike the way Clan Battles is set up, so I do not play them as well.

I use Premium time and ships to keep my "fleet" afloat, and hang round tiers 3-6 because I dislike the maintenance cost of the higher tiers.  

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

I find co-op very useful for missions that require farming a combination of wins, ribbons, torp hits, etc.  Full secondary build GK or Republique gets an insane  number of ribbons in co-op, and getting 10 wins back to back is both easier and much faster in co-op.  Also missions where you have to kill a DD and win are one short co-op game, but can take few tries in randoms, with each try taking up valuable time.

Sign in to follow this