You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

I lurve my Fletcher <3 <3 <3

7 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,498 battles

I was thinking about Asashio and how it only really interacts basically with one class. 

Fletcher interacts with everything, DDs, CAs, BBs, CVs. In fact I've killed quite a few radar cruisers now with my torpedoes.  Or other DDs with my torpedoes. German Zs do worry me a little. 
She also tends to bag 60k damage, and 2 caps and 2k base exp on normal games. 

She's such a good girl ~

Edited by BlailBlerg
  • Cool 1

[STW-D]
Members
1,842 posts
5,651 battles

What do you expect for the workhorse of the USN?

Does she actually have workable torpedoes or do they still have the atrocious 2+ minute reload of the Benson?

[FAE]
Members
2,115 posts
2,498 battles

They might just be the best torpedoes in the game. I commonly get opening First Blood, 1-torp kills on Das entering the cap, and definitely getting around 3-4 hits a game. 

Very good detection, fast, 10.5 km, good flooding chances, really fast reload means you don't feel bad spamming them at any chance.

Decent damage (very decent).

The 10.5km means you can fire them at radar cruisers and then disengage. 

[SPTR]
Members
25,604 posts
10,798 battles

Such a versatile DD I tend to see them still living at end games more so than gearings.

Supertester
184 posts
20,110 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

What do you expect for the workhorse of the USN?

Does she actually have workable torpedoes or do they still have the atrocious 2+ minute reload of the Benson?

Very workable torpedoes. If you spec for reload you can get it as low as 81 seconds.

[ASHIP]
Members
43 posts
9,019 battles

The fletcher is awesome but underpowered against a gearing is its biggest problem its more agile then gearing and better torp reload but you want a ship that can run gun and torp its the fletcher all the way I loved that ship till I played in the gearing and started eating fletchers for breakfast. Not trying to spoil your party the fletcher is a good ship and if u avoid Khabs and Gearings in it you will rack up tons of damage.