You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

No more sync dropping (latest Q&A)

53 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,839 battles

I'm happy to hear that WG has acknowledged sync dropping. I always get a bit irritated when I see sync drop divs on both teams. It's no fun to play when your own teammates are giving your position away.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

I hate sync dropping and always refused to participate when members of the can tossed out the offer/idea.  Most of the time you end up on the opposite side which defeats the purpose of trying to work together.

And then you're in different team speak channels and sync drop by accident and that sucks too.  If WG keeps clan members from appearing on opposite sides, I'd be all for it... if I still had time to play the game or magically the player base grew brains and made the game more strategically entertaining.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Well this sucks a bit, but I can see where they're coming from. I sync drop with my friends occasionally, but that's just because we want to be in the same battle and there are too many for a division. But then again we also just play like we normally do when we get in together, no calling out positions to the opposing team or anything like that, heck if we're on opposite teams I'll feed them misinformation for the lulz (What? No that Tirpitz is on the other side of the map, definitely not moving to intercept you). Of course I can see that as being the exception, not the rule, with syncing and once again it looks like a small group of jerks has to go and abuse an unintentional exploit to spoil everyone's fun. GG well played, sync trolls.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

I think the bigger news in that Q and A is their statement that their statistics don't show any need to balance radar ships in the matchmaker because it doesn't seem to effect win rates.  So apparently, while it is frustrating to face a team with more radar than yours, it doesn't actually make you more likely to lose.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
6 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

I think the bigger news in that Q and A is their statement that their statistics don't show any need to balance radar ships in the matchmaker because it doesn't seem to effect win rates.  So apparently, while it is frustrating to face a team with more radar than yours, it doesn't actually make you more likely to lose.

It may have something to do with non-radar ships on the "other" team bringing some other benefit to their team, most probably the damage and flexibility.  Hindenburg and Zao can bring a lot of pain when played right, while Moskva and DM may get stuck out of position when trying to spot DDs in radar range in the game opening.  Pan-Asian DDs with radar may get ripped to pieces by pure gun boats that rush in their faces without torp threat, etc etc.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,668 posts
7,566 battles

Well I will miss the chance to kill my clan mates in battle but its not a huge loss in the long run. Clans can run events in the training room and people who really want to sync drop can still leave clans apparently to continue doing the sync dropping. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

Never knew this was an "epidemic" worthy of development time and resources 

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,365 posts
3,646 battles
Just now, Fodder4U said:

Never knew this was an "epidemic" worthy of development time and resources 

Back when FOG was a thing and there were 3 clans of it and like.. 300 people almost... yea.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

not too big of a deal. i never saw it happening personally (as far as clans rigging the match, there were plenty that just wanted to shoot each other). it's worth noting that it might have been a bigger problem on the other servers though. i'm glad they'd rather try to deal with a potential problem than ignore it.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

So what I want to know is How you gonna stop it? Sync Dropping has existed since online gaming started. 

I have friends in many different Clans and those who are not affiliated with any. How you gonna stop us from sync dropping?

Sync Dropping as random players each alone no divisions 10 players each with predetermined ships all doing a countdown to sync into one game is not that hard to set up.

Yeah not everyone who syncs will get in but we have seen it work with a majority. How you propose to stop that?

No programming on this planet can foresee the sync drop. It all comes down to who presses the Battle button at the same time.

• Bad 1

Members
956 posts
11,173 battles

How is sync dropping a problem?  They are more likely to end up on opposite teams when using the same tier ships.

Also no thanks to the rock paper scissors idea.  That died before the game even got out of beta and would have no possible way to rebalance. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,365 posts
3,646 battles
3 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

How is sync dropping a problem?  They are more likely to end up on opposite teams when using the same tier ships.

Also no thanks to the rock paper scissors idea.  That died before the game even got out of beta and would have no possible way to rebalance. 

From experience having like 12 people try to sync drop as a group is... crappy to be a part of. Which is why I didn't div alot in FOG, and kept getting face-offs against them.

The problem is with clans doing so and they underhandedly report to their clan-mates on the other side where everyone is if a fight is going one way or the other.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,475 battles

Meh, a non issue. May however, upset some streamers, who sync drop with viewers on occasion.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
13 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Meh, a non issue. May however, upset some streamers, who sync drop with viewers on occasion.

Only if they're in the same clan, which I suddenly realize means this won't affect me whatsoever. Huh, win for Landsraad!

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,103 posts
8,758 battles
2 hours ago, Vaidency said:

Did they get the stats from Randoms, Co-OP, or Ranked?

[BB22]
Members
135 posts
21,865 battles

Drop sync has ruined a few contests wg were running, Alabama content, the last corgi event and ranked. Gamers game, it is no big deal in randoms.

• Cool 1

[NOOBS]
Members
79 posts
2,283 battles

way overblown topic,  so if you are in different clans and sync drop same stuff happens, stupid putting resources to that.

[DPG]
Members
821 posts
4,228 battles
  • "There are no plans to +1/-1 MM. Each ship can kill other. Nagato has more chances to kill Ibuki than to die."

I love that their reason that +1/-1 MM won't happen is because a Nagato can kill a t9 cruiser.  

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,198 battles

"There are no plans to +1/-1 MM. Each ship can kill other. Nagato has more chances to kill Ibuki than to die."

These guys have obviously never sported an Emerald or a Pensacola. And what about Nagato vs Musashi? As for the rest, did they pull this out of the Sunday Cartoon Section?

Edited by syd_
  • Cool 1

Members
1,128 posts
6,716 battles
59 minutes ago, Amenhir said:
  • "There are no plans to +1/-1 MM. Each ship can kill other. Nagato has more chances to kill Ibuki than to die."

I love that their reason that +1/-1 MM won't happen is because a Nagato can kill a t9 cruiser.  

yea...   They chose the worst tier 9 cruiser against a solid BB.   Considering BBs even 2 tiers lower more often than not can still lulpen a cruiser, its not suprising. I also find it interesting a BB 2 tiers lower has a better chance at killing a cruiser.... that says a lot about the balance of the game. 

on a side note, the ibuki could really use some love.  A 203mm mogami with a heal is just boring.(fury taco 4.0)  The thing just gets lul penned/citted at any angle at any time.  It doesn't have anything about it that is appealing.  It doesn't have much carry potential compared to say the baltimore.  The Zao is fantastic so it is worth the grind, but it is a painful grind.(sounds like a similar story to the izumo)

i have my doubts about the radar comment.   i want to know more about how they came to that conclusion.  and is that the same in ranked and in randoms. 

a soft cap of 4 dds.   what is the BBs soft cap?  is it 4 as well?  if not, then they should add that soft cap as well.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,716 posts
11,332 battles

People make false assumptions and have made sync dropping into a problem it is not. So yay, we are getting a 'fix' to something that isn't a problem just so some whiny ignorant [edited] will be happy (spoiler WG, they are still gonna complain about made up crap).

[MIA-A]
Members
1,971 posts
6,570 battles

My favorite part about sync dropping is knowing which players on the enemy team to focus.