Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FacePalming

Please Match Radars

17 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,202 battles

This game was completely stupid, and completely avoidable.  I would rather see equal (+1/-1) number of radars on a team than even number of ships.  This is a WAY bigger problem...:Smile_izmena:

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.04.16 - 20.39.41.35.png

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WAG]
Beta Testers
673 posts
5,402 battles

while i agree with your plight, and want radar matchmaking, but perhaps a game where its 3 radar capable ships vs 4 (which would be +/-1 radar) is not the best example of this.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
475 posts
5,455 battles

At the LEAST radar cruisers should be matched up. It's such a game breaking advantage when you have 5 radar ships stacked against your NONE. 5 is the worst it's ever been for me. Two people on my team quit right away, not to mention their DD advantage.

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
369 posts
8,989 battles

British cruisers are the wild card here, because they are radar capable but many do not choose to sacrifice the smoke to get it.  You'd still get imbalance unless MM knows your consumable load out.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
33 minutes ago, FacePalming said:

This game was completely stupid, and completely avoidable.  I would rather see equal (+1/-1) number of radars on a team than even number of ships.  This is a WAY bigger problem...:Smile_izmena:

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.04.16 - 20.39.41.35.png

truth be told it was the division in a sync drop that broke it. It was balance before divison sync drop in.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Unfortunately I don't think that MM even knows what consumables can be put on ships, let alone what they have equipped. Matchmaking based on loadout would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to code if it's even possible, way too many variables between ships.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Matchmaking based on loadout would be an absolute NIGHTMARE to code if it's even possible, way too many variables between ships.

Nonsense, pure nonsense ... it would be as simple as "Radar? Yes/No?" which would equal one line of code.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,228 posts
6,433 battles
1 hour ago, Panzerlin said:

British cruisers are the wild card here, because they are radar capable but many do not choose to sacrifice the smoke to get it.  You'd still get imbalance unless MM knows your consumable load out.

And if MM knew and took it into account, it would tell those with three braincells on the enemy Team what you have loaded out. Imagine a Baltimore, Chapayev and Donskoi on one Team, and a New Orleans and a Neptune on the other. I wonder if that Neptune is running smoke...

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Nonsense, pure nonsense ... it would be as simple as "Radar? Yes/No?" which would equal one line of code.

Oh sure, THAT part is easy. The problem is that matchmaker as of right now only has the ability to check tier, ship type (CV, BB, CA, DD), and maybe nationality (not so sure on that one). Now you've got to find a way for it to check each players' consumables, something it was likely never intended to do, and check each and every slot bar one (always used for damage control) for each and every ship in each and every match.  This seems like a very VERY complicated answer to a problem that could be better addressed just by tweaking the consumable itself in some way. *ahem*LoS*ahemhem*

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

no plans to do so according to a Q&A

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/04/17/world-of-warships-developers-qa/

they say the odds are the same. second to last point.

"There is no imbalance between teams when one gets 3 hydro/radar and other gets 1 on 0. Statistics say that the odds of 50 to 50."

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Oh sure, THAT part is easy. The problem is that matchmaker as of right now only has the ability to check tier, ship type (CV, BB, CA, DD), and maybe nationality (not so sure on that one). Now you've got to find a way for it to check each players' consumables, something it was likely never intended to do, and check each and every slot bar one (always used for damage control) for each and every ship in each and every match.  This seems like a very VERY complicated answer to a problem that could be better addressed just by tweaking the consumable itself in some way. *ahem*LoS*ahemhem*

Give every cruiser Radar. Problem solved :Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Well, first of all, WoW is NOT even going to consider changing MM for radar, as evidenced by this post.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/04/17/world-of-warships-developers-qa/

And you're wrong about it being complicated to check if a ship is using radar or not, as computers are binary, which means somewhere there is a switch which is on for having radar or off for not having radar. It will be buried in the ship's loadout file, and can be polled just like I said.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I rather have a competent player on my team thn a potatoe with radar.

I seen it so many times. A high tier US cruiser sitting behind the island, while the cap is being taken. He uses radar and the Enemy pops up... No sht, Sherlock. Unfornatenaly the rest of the team isn’t in the right position... So yeah, I don’t care about radar ships.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Okay, I don't claim to be a computer expert or anything but I'm going to take a wild guess that you've never coded anything before, @Umikami. I'm just sitting here trying to think of how WoWs identifies which consumables are on which ship and I can kind of get an idea of a few ways they would do it, but none of them would really allow for something as straightforward as "Radar? Y/N" mostly because there's different versions of different consumables for different ships and nations. There's not just "radar" and "premium radar" there's also Russian radar, standard radar, tier differentiators... Maybe that's all coded into each individual ship? And beside that point you either have to check each individual consumable slot or have some kind of designation for which slots on which ships to check and that would change every patch and what if some off-brand radar thing like with torpedoes and DWTs or smoke and Pan Asian smoke got added for Radar and I'm feeling a little light-headed right now.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
12 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Okay, I don't claim to be a computer expert or anything but I'm going to take a wild guess that you've never coded anything before, @Umikami. I'm just sitting here trying to think of how WoWs identifies which consumables are on which ship and I can kind of get an idea of a few ways they would do it, but none of them would really allow for something as straightforward as "Radar? Y/N" mostly because there's different versions of different consumables for different ships and nations. There's not just "radar" and "premium radar" there's also Russian radar, standard radar, tier differentiators... Maybe that's all coded into each individual ship? And beside that point you either have to check each individual consumable slot or have some kind of designation for which slots on which ships to check and that would change every patch and what if some off-brand radar thing like with torpedoes and DWTs or smoke and Pan Asian smoke got added for Radar and I'm feeling a little light-headed right now.

Regardless, for the purpose of MM looking at it. Radar would just be a blanket search. Stick an R in the ships code that can utilize Radar.
Weather the player, does ,or does not, use the radar consumable, is not accounted for. MM just assumes and matches ships in this way. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
2 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Regardless, for the purpose of MM looking at it. Radar would just be a blanket search. Stick an R in the ships code that can utilize Radar.
Weather the player, does ,or does not, use the radar consumable, is not accounted for. MM just assumes and matches ships in this way.

So keelhaul the RN CLs and anyone who decides "y'know, I think I'll try a scout plane today," got it. May as well leave it the way it is in that case.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

So keelhaul the RN CLs and anyone who decides "y'know, I think I'll try a scout plane today," got it. May as well leave it the way it is in that case.

Well, you pick your poison :cap_wander_2:

Sign in to follow this