You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlLaHuAkBaRBaNzAiReee

Looking for the blue print of Yamato's main gun

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
2,827 battles

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can send me a detailed main gun blue print (industrial level, such as a formal #0 part graph that contains all the information, scales, etc.)

This is related to my final  project, and if anyone can do me a favor, ill be really appreciated!

You can contact me via my Email:  zhouguannan19980815@gmail.com, or you can comment down below.

Again, GOOD LUCK , AND FAIR SEAS!

Members
449 posts
12,223 battles

The IJN destroyed many documents as WWII came to a close. I know the plans for the Shinano, a Yamato sister converted to a CV, met the fire. Maybe the actual plans of the Yamato met the same fate.

• Funny 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,065 posts
17,029 battles
1 hour ago, AlLaHuAkBaRBaNzAiReee said:

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can send me a detailed main gun blue print (industrial level, such as a formal #0 part graph that contains all the information, scales, etc.)

This is related to my final  project, and if anyone can do me a favor, ill be really appreciated!

You can contact me via my Email:  zhouguannan19980815@gmail.com, or you can comment down below.

Again, GOOD LUCK , AND FAIR SEAS!

This guy's books are the only things I've seen that I think come close to what you seem to be asking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Janusz-Skulski/e/B001K8PXE4/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

This book in particular I actually own.

https://www.amazon.com/Battleship-Yamato-Anatomy-Skulski-1988-12-27/dp/B01FKTHZMQ/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

It has some excellent drawing of the details of the main gun turrets and their equipment/deck-plan layouts, (as well as many other details about the ship,) but not of the actual rifles specifically.

• Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Oof yeah that's gonna be hard to find. NASA can't find the blueprints for Saturn V's F1 engines and those WEREN'T destroyed to keep military secrets from falling into enemy hands. It's very almost certain, especially given the secrecy surrounding her construction, that Yamato's plans are long gone. Wish you luck in finding something though.

• Funny 2

[JFSOC]
Members
913 posts
2,624 battles

I doubt there is one available anywhere.  Prothall points out, most of the Yamato's documentation was destroyed when Japan surrendered to keep it out of US hands.  As both battleships of that class were sunk there wasn't a lot of alternative means of finding out about the Yamato's design.  The USN did do interviews with engineers and naval officers, that sort of thing, but these wouldn't have given all the detail you are looking for.

• Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
6,019 posts
5,102 battles

Yamato was a top secret project, even photos of her were forbidden, which is why so few exist.  You can find some information here through 3D modeling, but it's not entirely certain how accurate it is, since the building of Yamato was done in segments with the designers unaware of what ship they were working on.  What we know of the ship today is basically recreated from memory.

Yamato_gun_draw.jpg

7e87caf0e4bd50e76628f7790c466144.png

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TAW]
Members
38 posts
6,721 battles

HI, try this report, it has a lot of detail on the main gun mounts of the yamato class. This is the best information you would find anywhere it is us naval information from interviews from the engineers of the yamato.

Japanese 18 Gun Mounts.pdf

• Cool 1