Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Des Moines with a...fighter aircraft?

9 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts

When a Des Moines uses a catapult fighter rather than radar or a spotting aircraft, are they doing it to harvest salt or is it because they are insane? Note: this was the Galaxy, so it could have been a Tier 6-level player.

You decide.

[HIT]
Members
67 posts
5,810 battles

DM needs all the anti-air help it can get. You expect its AA guns will be able to do the job alone? :cap_rambo::cap_wander_2:

Edited by HQ_21

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,916 battles

Some players just like to try it out for fun just to see what it is like.

But i would not use the fighter that is even more of a waste.

Spotter plane gets you better vision and improves your ability to lob shells over islands that a radar DesMoines might not be able to if you can imagine that.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
298 posts
4,984 battles

I’m sure we’ve all seen the Yuro vid

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

The fact it wasn't really a Des Moines but the Galaxy seems to answer it all.  Galaxy defaults to using a fighter plane and many people messing around with temporary event ships probably forget to check the consumables before hitting "battle."

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,314 posts
9,414 battles

Radar doesn't give early warning on torpedoes, isn't active for as long and has the same reload.

Spotting aircraft have a shorter duration and a longer reload.

It might not be a bad idea for the rare player to bring one in matches that are flooded with radar/hydro equipped ships like space battles.

Probably not as odd as a Norma bringing radar instead of smoke, but with that much radar/hydro around, is the smoke that useful?

Beta Testers
1,302 posts
3,585 battles

I picked up the Moskva space camo and the Republique space camos wish I had the funds for the All-destroyer but oh well.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

Eurobeat is a special guy and not exactly a Potato.  That said, I will laugh at a DM player that doesn't slot their Radar.  I saw one a while ago and it was one of the funniest sh*t I seen ingame in ages.

afkAb7D.jpg

Personally, I do Radar+Hydro on my Des Moines.  That said, because I play like that with my DM, I can't wait for Worcester to arrive.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this