You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Opinions of the CC Trip

Opinions of the CC Trip  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of it?

• Great Idea
    • Meh Idea
    • Bad Idea
    • Bacon
  2. 2. What was your favorite part?

• Super Akizukis
    • Murica Campaign
    • New Battle Modes (new pvp and scenario)
    • Fem's Map
    • Long-Asked-For-Tweaks (AP changes and mirror MM)
    • The Teased CV Rework
    • Bacon that only non-CCs can eat
  3. 3. Think they should make it a regular (every 18-24 months) thing?

• Yes
    • No
    • Bacon

44 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,194 posts
7,594 battles

Me, I thought it was a great idea. I thought it was a great way of wargaming showing that they do care about the community and gives a greater impression of openness than they usually have. So far, I like the various ideas that are being teased and I'm optimistic about the teased CV rework.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-BGM-]
[-BGM-]
Beta Testers
61 posts
6,169 battles

Wargaming does have a good model for bringing in some community members to possibly have some input the way CCP games does with the EVE community.  The whiteboard exercise looked like it worked out rather well, I could be wrong as we did not see some of the other maps or ideas from the other teams.  All the updates by the CC's was very cool.  

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles

It was a great idea and Jingles was right on dumping WOT for WOWS, getting into the ground floor of this thing.  I very much appreciated Fem and her team's approach to caps, unusually but incredibly original if you ask me.  Damn right they need to do this next year!

• Cool 1

Members
309 posts

Making it a "CC" presentation instead of making it something given out generally to the community makes it look like they're trying to influence their CCs more than they're trying to be open.

"Play nice and we'll give you early exclusives on big news" sort of crap.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[WGA]
Administrator
659 posts
249 battles
1 minute ago, intixw said:

Making it a "CC" presentation instead of making it something given out generally to the community makes it look like they're trying to influence their CCs more than they're trying to be open.

"Play nice and we'll give you early exclusives on big news" sort of crap.

Almost everything the CC's saw was relayed to folks in the community which was the entire goal.  Yes there was 100% an NDA portion because we wanted feedback outside the company but not create panic over some very early work. 

To my knowledge the roadmap hasn't been shared in this kind of specific detail before so this was an entirely new process.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Almost everything the CC's saw was relayed to folks in the community which was the entire goal.  Yes there was 100% an NDA portion because we wanted feedback outside the company but not create panic over some very early work. 

To my knowledge the roadmap hasn't been shared in this kind of specific detail before so this was an entirely new process.

There's always one that tries to make it something sinister, isn't there...

Members
702 posts
9,924 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

...but not create panic over some very early work." 

Alabama Gate

Radio Location

British 457's

France/Rep.

You know, "panic".

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
467 posts
5,417 battles

I thought it was really cool they would do that, really helps to give a more personal feel to the game and bringing a global community together in the name of fun. Anything that does that is a good thing. Now as Jingle said, lets hope all of our governments don't do anything stupid in Syria....

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,459 battles
4 hours ago, iDuckman said:

'Murican bacon !!

yes! YES!

I haven't seen much other than Jingles and you know sometimes he's not too focused...

Did they mention the T-61?!
ShadyUglyKillifish-max-1mb.gif.cf844de94ed90e1fea17e27affe79c45.gif

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

that's lots of money spent on airfare and hotels, give each player 5 million credit is a better way to spend that money and retain players, lol

we the real players can give WG advice, for free, just read this forum

Edited by Happy668
  • Funny 3

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,459 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

that's lots of money spent on airfare and hotels, give each player 5 million credit is a better way to spend that money and retain players, lol

I hope they at least made a rockstar music video with the CC's, and included real dancing talent this time.
h4E7D57D9.gif.52638aa9d93f6ecc4b44a61fbd514e2d.gif

And hey?  Why did their video not have explosions?!? or Cher?
turn-back-time-o.gif.84b3f51352ada5cb2793d824ef9daa9b.gif

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,392 battles

Awesome for the CC's to get a great trip to Russia. Personally, I would be slamming the vodka :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,392 battles
3 hours ago, HeathenForay said:

I thought it was really cool they would do that, really helps to give a more personal feel to the game and bringing a global community together in the name of fun. Anything that does that is a good thing. Now as Jingle said, lets hope all of our governments don't do anything stupid in Syria....

They already have. To late for us :cap_hmm:

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
4 hours ago, Happy668 said:

LOL

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,727 posts
9,432 battles
4 hours ago, Happy668 said:

It's not really that much. 

I work for a small telephone company and we fly our 4 person dev-team across the country at least once a year for industry conferences.

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles

The NDA makes it hella frustrating.  Seeing as how I have consumed hours of free entertainment by at least some of those contributors.  It is nice to see that regardless of political affiliation, or what craziness our respective countries are getting up to,  were just a bunch of people trying to enjoy some worthwhile entertainment.

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles
5 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

I hope they at least made a rockstar music video with the CC's, and included real dancing talent this time.

And hey?  Why did their video not have explosions?!? or Cher?
turn-back-time-o.gif.84b3f51352ada5cb2793d824ef9daa9b.gif

As much as I love Jingles, I don't think I'd want to see him rocking the "Cher" look.

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles

Does the early preview of the CV rework possibly indicate we may see it launched live sometime in the 2018 calendar year?

Because frankly, after the USN cruiser split, I've heard of no further tech tree developments beyond that for this year.

Members
304 posts
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Does the early preview of the CV rework possibly indicate we may see it launched live sometime in the 2018 calendar year?

Because frankly, after the USN cruiser split, I've heard of no further tech tree developments beyond that for this year.

Something is happening, but they can't speak of it.  No timeframe given.

[OPG]
Members
3,881 posts
5,476 battles
7 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

Wait....i-is that John Doe?  

• Funny 1

Members
1,099 posts
7,228 battles

I think it shows that WG should give more weight to the suggestions of the user base and the CC's.

The whole issue of BB's playing from the back of the map has been around since day one, and these guys solved the problem with something as simple as a map.

So.... so many good ideas that just don't seem to fall on the right ears at WG.

We might all have worked with the person who will never accept anyone else's ideas, that is the feel I get from WG. They ask for suggestions, but I think it is mostly lip service.

So yeah.. if they will actually LISTEN to the community and not give lip service... more meet ups are grand.