Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Visidious

Boost Battlesheep torpedo reduction

25 comments in this topic

[-BSS-]
Members
384 posts
5,891 battles

The obvious answer to the impending harbinger of BB doom, the Asashio, is to boost battlesheep torpedo damage reduction.

Why delay the inevitable, can squeeze this in at the same time as the new ship!

Edited by Visidious
Grammar
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
6 minutes ago, Visidious said:

The obvious answer the impending harbinger of BB doom, the Asashio, is to boost battlesheep torpedo damage reduction.

Why delay the inevitable, can squeeze this in at the same time as the new ship!

[YORHA]
Members
3,243 posts

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Assasinator?   Perhaps a better approach to reducing the BB population would be...

A) Make low-mid tier cruisers a little less frustrating to play and a little more fun so people wouldn't bail out for something more "durable".

B) STOP INTRODUCING NEW BB LINES EVERY 2 MONTHS!

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

In a word, no. BB's already have everything going for them, they do not, repeat, do not, need buffs.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Drums say " Screw that BB will suffer and DD will be King of Game"

t4qSCOs.gif

• Bad 2

[UEFN]
Members
386 posts
11,570 battles

give all BB hydro but shorten the duration to 1min, that way BB get some breathing room.  I play more DD than BB and CA/CL, and have no objection to buffing BB.

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
1,976 battles

Increasing the torpedo damage reduction is just going to reinforce bad play by those who sail in a straight line at a constant speed.  

• Cool 1

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,954 battles
4 minutes ago, Das_Schlippo said:

Increasing the torpedo damage reduction is just going to reinforce bad play by those who sail in a straight line at a constant speed.  

Pretty much this. 

I'm not a fan of Asashio, but in all honesty Battleships can get away with literal murder in this game, and I think its criminal. 

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,158 battles

Lol

Why buff something their trying to kill off?

I think it's funny that the world's ending and it hasn't even arrived yet

Besides is not gonna be this super duper thing everybody thinks it will be And the only thing at threatens is 50 battleships in the queue  And really only threatens  Campers  Any battleship that's actually supporting its support ships have nothing to fear in all likelihood

so that means

ALL YOU CAMPERS GO HELP YOUR TEAM!  :cap_popcorn:

Edited by silverdahc
  • Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,312 battles
41 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Hypocritical on WG's part IMO , along with the Italian premiums and the free xp BB's as well .

Members
3,621 posts
13,402 battles
39 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Assasinator?   Perhaps a better approach to reducing the BB population would be...

A) Make low-mid tier cruisers a little less frustrating to play and a little more fun so people wouldn't bail out for something more "durable".

C) Stop giving them Cruiser abilities like radar, hydro, low detectability, and high fire chance.

As for A), yeah right. It's almost as if WG wants to discourage people from playing Cruisers. I'm somewhat expecting the new USN Cruisers after the split to be stem to stern, keel to deck citadels with pi$$ poor accurate guns.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

C) Stop giving them Cruiser abilities like radar, hydro, low detectability, and high fire chance.

As for A), yeah right. It's almost as if WG wants to discourage people from playing Cruisers. I'm somewhat expecting the new USN Cruisers after the split to be stem to stern, keel to deck citadels with pi$$ poor accurate guns.

A Of course The amerikanski Navy was the worst in WWI and WWII . Read all about it in the Pravda or go to any Russian History buuks. Is all there.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

give all BB hydro but shorten the duration to 1min, that way BB get some breathing room.  I play more DD than BB and CA/CL, and have no objection to buffing BB.

BBs don't need a buff.  If any ships do, it's torp using  DDs.  It's hard as all get out to land torp hits on enemy ships.  And BBs don't need any more help to make it even easier for them to avoid torps.

EDIT:  At times it seems like takes a miracle to land torps on enemy ships.  You can aim them perfectly.  Lead them more if they're faster than the lead indicator calls for, less if the ships are slower.  You can do everything right, and much more often than not, it just doesn't matter because landing torpedo hits requires the target ship to be oblivious for long enough for your torps to reach them and get hits.   And believe me, this isn't a common occurrence.  You can be using the nearly invisible DWTs and aim them perfectly, but all it takes is for the target ship to decide that he wants to change course, possibly for no reason having to do with torp avoidance reasons, and your torps will likely miss. 

Torps need all the help they can get.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

How about boost TDS and remove underwater citadels from BBs.   Now the problem is not the torpedoes but the battleships...

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

I don't get the uproar over Asashio.  It's basically a nerfed Pan-Asian DD that can't torpedo cruisers and can't gunfight other DD's.  The only thing it has going for it is really long range on its deepwater torpedoes, but any battleship who gets torpedoed at 18 km deserves it, even if the torpedoes are really hard to detect, because it still means the DD captain predicted your position from more than a minute out.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,121 battles

another day another bb player crying for more buffs

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts

i support that, these days you often get 5 dds per game, the torpedo soup just make BBs stay behind more and more

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
9 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

i support that, these days you often get 5 dds per game, the torpedo soup just make BBs stay behind more and more

That's the real issue.  Like I ran into another thread, so many of the BB players are scared of DDs.  Which is crazy.

Also, I die more often in a BB to other BB fire than I do to cruisers and/or destroyers.  Cruisers can annoy the hell out of me with fire, but if he has time to actually do serious damage to me, I'm doing it wrong, or I'm getting focused anyway.

Edited by mavfin87

Members
3,621 posts
13,402 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

A Of course The amerikanski Navy was the worst in WWI and WWII . Read all about it in the Pravda or go to any Russian History buuks. Is all there.

Oh yeah, the myth of Roo-Shin greatness. :Smile_sceptic:

Hell, the Confederate Navy existed for only 4 years and fought only one war with mostly improvised ships yet the CSN has a better track record than the Roo-Shin Navy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,670 battles
21 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

I don't get the uproar over Asashio.  It's basically a nerfed Pan-Asian DD that can't torpedo cruisers and can't gunfight other DD's.  The only thing it has going for it is really long range on its deepwater torpedoes, but any battleship who gets torpedoed at 18 km deserves it, even if the torpedoes are really hard to detect, because it still means the DD captain predicted your position from more than a minute out.

Sir please, there's no place for that kind of logical thinking here.  Can't you see the sky is falling?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
8 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

also the flooding is way too much

Don't steam in straight lines all the time.   Shoot at DDs whenever you can, and don't just run away from DDs when he's stalking you.  Get near other people to help with him, or if you're alone, and he's got no help, charge him down.  Running away just makes it easier for him to be unspotted.   

Put pressure on him somehow.  If you don't, you just make yourself easy meat.

Sure, sometimes, you're going to get sunk.  Happens to everyone.  But, I die much more often to BB shells in my BB than I do to DD torpedoes.  I would suspect that CV torps hit me more often than DD torps do.  And I'm no 15000 battle old-time player. You've played longer than me by quite a bit, by your join date...

Edited by mavfin87

Sign in to follow this