You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Navajovin

System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

29 comments in this topic

Members
61 posts
7,893 battles
Public Test 0.7.4, Part 1
System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
I  understand unsportsman like contact or foul language or Sinking a teammates ship
you get punished.
1---Inactivity in battle.
I had gotten into a battle and I got penalized unsportsmanlike conduct for inactivity. I started in the Battle my internet went down.When i got in 5 minutes later my ship was sunk. My ship was pink for one battle. What it amounts to is that you're penalizing somebody for not having a good internet connection and it's embarrassing for your ship to be pink.I think this should removed unless you have a way to tell if there still in the battle.

2---Drop out of a battle
You will also be penalized if you drop out of a battle I've lost internet connection plenty of times during battles. 
How about a icon on the screen you Press control you get  the arrow you can press the button.Then you know thay left the battle not because of lost internet connection.

vinny.jpg

Edited by Navajovin
  • Cool 3

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles

Maybe this will incentivize you to fix your stuff.

Are you on a wireless network/not plugged into your router?

• Bad 2

Members
9,863 posts
20 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Maybe this will incentivize you to fix your stuff.

Are you on a wireless network/not plugged into your router?

Or the more likely scenario, players will just quit....:Smile_teethhappy:

I mean this game doesn't have enough retention issues as it is....:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Or the more likely scenario, players will just quit....:Smile_teethhappy:

I mean this game doesn't have enough retention issues as it is....:Smile_glasses:

I don't buy that connection issues is a player retention thing at all.

If you can't stay connected to this game who's to say you're going to be any more stable elsewhere?

At least there are various methods to troubleshoot and fix your junk, which will prevent you from being lumped in with the intentional afkers/bots/etc once you fix your junk.

• Bad 1

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

As far as I know you don't go pink for inactivity.  Pink is for team damage (at least I don't think it's for dropping out, if it's changed I missed that memo)  And I don't think the "press button to register a connection loss" will work because...  Well..  no connection.  So while the plight of those with bad internet connections is not something I'm dismissing, also look at it from the perspective of the other players on your team.  If you're in a top tier BB, or a carrier or if you're the lone or one of two DD's on a team, now your team has to fight a man down.

Have you looked into your connection settings or equipment to try to figure out what the issue might be?

Members
9,863 posts
6 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I don't buy that connection issues is a player retention thing at all.

If you can't stay connected to this game who's to say you're going to be any more stable elsewhere?

At least there are various methods to troubleshoot and fix your junk, which will prevent you from being lumped in with the intentional afkers/bots/etc once you fix your junk.

You realize that  many players have had issues with the game and no others right? That many players get stuck in the loading screen and never load. (Had that issue for 3 patches back around 6.12, nothing fixed it, no internet issues, patch comes, and it's gone)

You certainly spend enough time in the forums, do you just assume that it's everyone problem but the companies?:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts
10 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

As far as I know you don't go pink for inactivity.  Pink is for team damage (at least I don't think it's for dropping out, if it's changed I missed that memo)  And I don't think the "press button to register a connection loss" will work because...  Well..  no connection.  So while the plight of those with bad internet connections is not something I'm dismissing, also look at it from the perspective of the other players on your team.  If you're in a top tier BB, or a carrier or if you're the lone or one of two DD's on a team, now your team has to fight a man down.

Have you looked into your connection settings or equipment to try to figure out what the issue might be?

Might want to look at the new rules, you will go pink for inactivity come next patch...:Smile_teethhappy:

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
30 posts
2,240 battles

i agree with him. What if you lost power or lost internet all together cause of a storm. What about when the game kicks you to the sign in screen? If you log right back in are you ok?  I also agree with some people having bad connection and all that shouldn't be crying about turning pink..fix your crap. At the same time players that have great connection shouldn't have to worry about turning pink or anything cause bob down street tried to cut his tree down and took out the power lines.

Edited by Woo67

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles
19 minutes ago, Woo67 said:

i agree with him. What if you lost power or lost internet all together cause of a storm. What about when the game kicks you to the sign in screen? If you log right back in are you ok?  I also agree with some people having bad connection and all that shouldn't be crying about turning pink..fix your crap. At the same time players that have great connection shouldn't have to worry about turning pink or anything cause bob down street tried to cut his tree down and took out the power lines.

Why are you playing video games at all during a storm when there's a likelihood of not only losing power but potentially nuking your power supply to your computer?

That's a non-issue and completely the player's fault.

If a tree takes out a power-line due to Bob, you're going to be out so long by the time you come back you likely ain't gonna be pink and likely more worried about food spoilage than some game.

Also a non-issue.

Grasping at straws now are we?

• Cool 1

Members
1,779 posts
5,641 battles
17 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Why are you playing video games at all during a storm when there's a likelihood of not only losing power but potentially nuking your power supply to your computer?

If a tree takes out a power-line due to Bob, you're going to be out so long by the time you come back you likely ain't gonna be pink and likely more worried about food spoilage than some game.

Also a non-issue.

Who the Hell are you king of the Internet......

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles
8 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Who the Hell are you king of the Internet......

Just someone who knows what logic is. I take it you'd need a dictionary to figure it out. While you're looking that up, try finding out what manners are and if there's a picture of yourself under the word 'rude'.

• Bad 1

Members
1,785 posts
17,372 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Are you so far in the dinosaur age that you have not heard of power strips w/surge protectors...who doesn't play video games just because of a storm?

& does it really take your power company long enough for your food to go bad to repair a downed power line?

Seems you're grasping for anything to make a persons viewpoint seem invalid no matter how ridiculous it is.

39 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

try finding out what manners are and if there's a picture of yourself under the word 'rude'.

Do you even hear the sarcasm/invalidation in your mind that comes forth in your written words?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3 posts
6,489 battles

In south florida we get thunderstorms which knock out electric and internet, warships has a way to mess with everything else , so the should be able to see you being out of the game client if not remove the penalty completly..... 

Members
3 posts
6,489 battles

Internet is the issue with thunderstorms ,,,, Ive got a back up power supply ???? use some common sense team mate

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles
48 minutes ago, xr61 said:

Sounds like a bunch of talking heads playing God

Sounds like a bunch of people that focus on themselves and their crappy internet vs what that does to 11 others.

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
30 posts
2,240 battles
16 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Also a non-issue.

no its called stating my option. After all is that not what forums are for?  

Members
4 posts
834 battles

I,ve been knocked out of game several times. reloaded and reentered game. Ship is locked up and I m hit with strike from other team. Then I  loose connection before I get back to Port.

I reenter game and I m Pink. So that is Fair

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,779 posts

I expect a lot more player backlash and negative feedback over any sort of lost or dropped connection that occurs and results in a "warning" for "bad behavior".

Frankly, the current live system is a joke, and the system in this PTS is even more of a joke.

[CBW]
Members
4 posts
2,245 battles

Here's another take:  I'm playing on 32-bit W10, which limits process to 2GB no matter what.
Memory and resource leaks in WoW cause game to crash ~1 in 10 matches, usually at
load of initial match map.  Generally not a problem, as I can get back in in ~ 30 - 50 sec, often
before timed game start.

NOW,  these crashes are considered 'Early Exit' and I get dinged with a 4-match sentence.
REALLY??  How about at least a second of loaded game session before an asynchronous
disconnect is considered an 'Exit'?

Better yet, only an intentional EXIT action is considered an 'Exit'.
If some bozo wants to avert the penalty by unplugging his PC, then so be it when his SSD croaks.

I think AFK/Game Bail *should* be penalized, as I've lost plenty of close matches due to 
parked BBs on the team,  but the logic of detection should err on the side of leniency for now.

I'm sure not going to work off 4 matches of Orange every 10 matches; hell, given proposed
policy, I'll be banned anyway so it won't matter.

Cheers! Back to PT....

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,346 posts
3,646 battles

Suprised that anyone that games still uses 32 bit... regardless of desktop of 'gaming laptop'.

Members
1,785 posts
17,372 battles
1 hour ago, Koslov3 said:

Generally not a problem, as I can get back in in ~ 30 - 50 sec, often
before timed game start.

As long as youi get back in before the game is over (& you're stating that you get back in before the battle even starts I do believe) you aren't getting any penalties. Even if it crashes while you are in the middle of a battle & you are dead when you get back in there will be no penalty or warnings. If you don't get back in before end of battle you will get the pink I do believe though.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,794 battles
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, KilljoyCutter said:

I expect a lot more player backlash and negative feedback over any sort of lost or dropped connection that occurs and results in a "warning" for "bad behavior".

Frankly, the current live system is a joke, and the system in this PTS is even more of a joke.

Try living in a third world country where, ironically, I am contract working on a system to supply more electrical power to the national grid, and disconnects are frequent, hops drop out and where WG has done their best to fix the 'lag'. 

You need to get real J30_R.

• Cool 2

[CBW]
Members
4 posts
2,245 battles
20 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

As long as youi get back in before the game is over (& you're stating that you get back in before the battle even starts I do believe) you aren't getting any penalties. Even if it crashes while you are in the middle of a battle & you are dead when you get back in there will be no penalty or warnings. If you don't get back in before end of battle you will get the pink I do believe though.

.... Not accurate:
                  1.  Transition from match roster to terrain view ==> Crash.
                  2.  Game reload => not directly to live map, but to Port with penalty dialog.
                  3.  First time,  had condition Orange for 4 matches, 2nd time Pink.

What you describe *should* be the behavior, in a reasonable design, but that's not been my experience.

Members
1,785 posts
17,372 battles
20 minutes ago, Koslov3 said:

.... Not accurate:
                  1.  Transition from match roster to terrain view ==> Crash.
                  2.  Game reload => not directly to live map, but to Port with penalty dialog.
                  3.  First time,  had condition Orange for 4 matches, 2nd time Pink.

What you describe *should* be the behavior, in a reasonable design, but that's not been my experience.

Sorry...I misread your post as a question about whether those things would happen & was just responding to the only part I actually duplicated correctly that you usually get back in before battle starts...didn't realize this was an actual result.

If that's the case I'm worried about the "framerate rewards" just handed out...if something like that happens again there's gonna be a lot of co-op players all of a sudden.