You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Thought I had all the T10 BB's in game but missed one = Der Mächtige Hindenburg

25 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles

Used this weekend's free xp conversion event to clean up all my elite XP and premium ship XP.Gave me a boat load of it (no pun intended - ok yes there was lol). Decided to use a portion of it and jump from Hipper to Hindenburg. Hipper is good and I like it and all but have the PE too with plenty of games in it so wanted to move up. I know Roon is a good ship and all but as I only play Co-op I had to factor in that T9 is the least profitable of all tiers in Co-op unless it is Missouri or Musashi (which I have). Just decided to go right to the BB Hindenburg vs grinding out another T9 to T10 and having to buy perma camo and such.  T10 with the perma camo is very profitable so it made sense.

So grabbed BB Hindenburg and the perma camo and here I am. :Smile_glasses:

1st game showed this thing is tough. Went to a cap with a couple other Cruisers who got smoked real fast by the CV and Yamato leaving me alone vs the Yamato and a Chapayev setting me on fire from behind an island ( a darn bot island humping and spamming HE :Smile_amazed:) like I was painted in gas. Ended up getting it, the Yamato, assisting in a cap, and then making the kill shot on the CV. Came in 1st on team as well.  Not bad for 1st game.

Like it so far for sure. Just a bigass Hipper really. 

Went AA/Rudder/Stealth/Range for upgrades and CE and SI with the Capt. Unfortunately, as with most of my lines, I have pilfered all my good Cruiser Capt's for my Bb's so I only have a 12pt Capt for it but it is enough to get started. 

e8C8Knh.jpg

eLAbXOk.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
585 posts

Did basically same thing (plus extra 471k for Worcester). 

Not dissappointed. 

Fretted over Minotaur vs Hindy but happy with decision. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles

And game 2 - no kills ( I would get something right there and then a BB from across map would snipe it lol) but man you can deal damage in this thing for sure...

Cy79v7O.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
4 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Did basically same thing (plus extra 471k for Worcester). 

Not dissappointed. 

Fretted over Minotaur vs Hindy but happy with decision. 

Minotaur is absolutely awesome and I love mine BUT it sure isn't tanky like this one. Lot more of this in Minotaur:Smile_hiding:

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles

You skipped Battleship Roon?  Sacrilege.  Utter sacrilege :P lol (kidding)

• Cool 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
585 posts
21 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Minotaur is absolutely awesome and I love mine BUT it sure isn't tanky like this one. Lot more of this in Minotaur:Smile_hiding:

Already have Des Moines and Monty.  Had run on many getting Mino in clan.  Wanted to give another option in CW.

Mino is next Tier X cruiser.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles

OMG I just got detonated in Hindenburg by Bismarck secondary guns!!!:Smile_ohmy:

Charged a Bis and Monty. Had Bis burning then put a full torp spread (8) right into the Monty (and it lived WHAT???:Smile_amazed:) and as I turned to the other side to send torps at the Bis, at around 3/4 health, I suddenly went POOF! Thought I must have taken a salvo from the Montana but the timing wasn't right and my IFA didn't go off? Sure enough, post battle report shows killed by Bismarck secondary gun.

LMBO! The Mighty BB Hindenburg got detonated like a DD. LOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,643 battles

Hindenburg is my favorite ship.  I have a lot of 200K damage games in her (second only to the GK).  I had her before the introduction of bot-CVs in co-op, so I ran a gun build.  Now, I have a hybrid build, the only difference is that I run the AimSys mod in slot 3, and run a 19-point captain with AFT, and BFT to help shore up the AAA (I also mount the cat-fighter.)  Still use hydro over DAAF, but YMMV on this.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
10 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Already have Des Moines and Monty.  Had run on many getting Mino in clan.  Wanted to give another option in CW.

Mino is next Tier X cruiser.

I just got Des Moines and am not crazy about it. Minotaur was my 1st T10 Cruiser and love it. Not sure if I will go Moskva(at T8) or Henry IV(at T8) next? Zao(at T7) will definitely be last. Have all the T10 BB's now working on Cruisers. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
30 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Hindenburg is my favorite ship.  I have a lot of 200K damage games in her (second only to the GK).  I had her before the introduction of bot-CVs in co-op, so I ran a gun build.  Now, I have a hybrid build, the only difference is that I run the AimSys mod in slot 3, and run a 19-point captain with AFT, and BFT to help shore up the AAA (I also mount the cat-fighter.)  Still use hydro over DAAF, but YMMV on this.

Yeah, I will run BFT/AFT as well but figured SI and CE would be a better use of those 7 with just 12pts on the Capt.

I went with the spotter and the range mod but did go with AAGM2 which bumps the AA to 92. Capt with BFT/AFT should jump it to 100 or real close.

EDIT - not sure I will break 200K with it but possible. Will have to have right mix of ships, map, and opportunity. In the 1st 4 games the only one where I had that good mix I got detonated by the Bismarck's secondary guns. LOL:Smile_facepalm:

In my other 3 I have basically spawned alone or with just 1 other and have basically gone for a cap on my own and had to take the few ships I see there out myself. My last game is pretty much spot on with my average for it to this point both ib score and overall opportunity and such. I will take this as an average game though for sure...

5LVnj9V.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,643 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I just got Des Moines and am not crazy about it. Minotaur was my 1st T10 Cruiser and love it. Not sure if I will go Moskva(at T8) or Henry IV(at T8) next? Zao(at T7) will definitely be last. Have all the T10 BB's now working on Cruisers. 

I have been using the DM to farm ribbons for the Normandie missions.  Been averaging between 150-200 ribbons with her.  A combination of DM and Atlanta and we're well over the 300 ribbon mark.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,701 battles

Minotaur is my first, and currently only, Tier 10 ship.  She has my second 19-point captain.  She is quite effective and credit-positive in Co-Op with perma-camo.  ETA: I've been using this for ribbons missions.

I also have Musashi and enjoy running that ship in Co-Op when I need damage.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I have been using the DM to farm ribbons for the Normandie missions.  Been averaging between 150-200 ribbons with her.  A combination of DM and Atlanta and we're well over the 300 ribbon mark.

I used Atlanta and Minotaur for that. Didn't take long. LOL

[HINON]
Supertester
18,946 posts
12,460 battles

Congrats on the most well rounded cruiser in the game.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles

Yup hindy is high on my list of favourite t10...

1- Khaba

2- Hindenburg

3- Moskva

4- Z-52

5- conqeror

6- zao

7- Des Moines

8- Grosser

9- Gearing

10- HIV

11- Montana

12- Yamato

13- Republique

14- Yueyang

15- grozohovi

16- Hakaryu

17- Midway

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
17 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Minotaur is my first, and currently only, Tier 10 ship.  She has my second 19-point captain.  She is quite effective and credit-positive in Co-Op with perma-camo.  ETA: I've been using this for ribbons missions.

I also have Musashi and enjoy running that ship in Co-Op when I need damage.

Yeah, Minotaur makes decent coin with the perma camo. Ammo fee is a lot less than BB which helps and especially on Minotaur with how many shells it throws out there. LOL

Musashi earns well too. Not as well as Missouri but really well and it definitely does damage. 

1 minute ago, Lert said:

Congrats on the most well rounded cruiser in the game.

Thanks.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
3 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Yup hindy is high on my list of favourite t10...

1- Khaba

2- Hindenburg

3- Moskva

4- Z-52

5- conqeror

6- zao

7- Des Moines

8- Grosser

9- Gearing

10- HIV

11- Montana

12- Yamato

13- Republique

14- Yueyang

15- grozohovi

16- Hakaryu

17- Midway

It wouldn't rank that high for me as I only have 7 T10's LOL. I would say, right now and subject to change, they would be...

1. Republique
  2. Montana
  3. Yamato
  4. GK
  5. Hindenburg
  6. Minotaur
  7. Conqueror

[EREKT]
Members
760 posts
5,773 battles

You know what, I converted 400k of free xp, i had 400k saved up as well. Not sure which tier 10 i'm getting, minotaur or hindenburg. I have 100k built up on the neptune, and only 60k on the roon. Hmmm. Well, I obviously do have time before ranked to do more grinding. I'm not sure what to do with the xp otherwise. I know that the next free xp ship will come out soonish, but... it's a cruiser probably so i'm expecting it to be closer to 5-600k free xp. Technically, i could free xp my way to a 19pt captain, i have 3-4 15ptr's. But, i'd have to play that specific captain frequently to benefit from it, i don't likie playing a single ship all the time. 

OR, i could free xp up the American cruiser line, right now i'm suffering through the pensacola. It's not that bad actually, it's just not that fun for me. I do like killing DD's with it, heh.

Anyway, if I keep grinding, i might be able to get the Hindy and Minotaur and the free xp ship... that's probably what i'll do. I think the 19pt captain is pointless for the time being

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
5 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

You know what, I converted 400k of free xp, i had 400k saved up as well. Not sure which tier 10 i'm getting, minotaur or hindenburg. I have 100k built up on the neptune, and only 60k on the roon. Hmmm. Well, I obviously do have time before ranked to do more grinding. I'm not sure what to do with the xp otherwise. I know that the next free xp ship will come out soonish, but... it's a cruiser probably so i'm expecting it to be closer to 5-600k free xp. Technically, i could free xp my way to a 19pt captain, i have 3-4 15ptr's. But, i'd have to play that specific captain frequently to benefit from it, i don't likie playing a single ship all the time. 

OR, i could free xp up the American cruiser line, right now i'm suffering through the pensacola. It's not that bad actually, it's just not that fun for me. I do like killing DD's with it, heh.

Anyway, if I keep grinding, i might be able to get the Hindy and Minotaur and the free xp ship... that's probably what i'll do. I think the 19pt captain is pointless for the time being

Yeah I debated holding off for the Free Xp Crusier coming but decided to seize the moment. Just need to grind some more and rebuild the Free XP.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,473 battles

You are so horrible, no citadel hits in Co-Op in your Hiddy ..... reported for been potatoes!

7d98knK.jpg

Members
1,787 posts
17,388 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Zao(at T7)

You don't need a T10 to quickly annihilate bots...in fact you are just I ship away...I know...Myoko is the absolute worst grind in the whole game (RU DDs excluded) but after the Myoko comes the Mogami (& believe me when I say that Mogami is definitely better than Lessgami...sorry).

15 barrels of fire breathing madness w/a 10 second reload (sans Adrenalin Rush...which brings it down to 8 second reloads when down to last 10% HP...effectively turning 90 round/minute into 112.5 rounds/minute) each a potential fire...BBQ bots can be your main menu item...& it gets up-tiered to T10 enough that you'll still have plenty of big HP farming available.

20% rudder shift & AR are a must...kinda glassy but the sheer amount of shells you can deliver makes up for it & the damage you take just charges up the AR. Accuracy is irrelevant with that many shells flying at once but it is surprisingly accurate even at 80-90% of it's longest range...even against DDs.

Don't bother w/the gun upgrade (significantly increases fire potential but cuts the barrels down to 10 w/15 second reload)...better for trying to tank citadels but fires are your best friend in this ship...just set 1 ship on fire then jump to the next...set it on fire then go back & relight the 1st one...then rinse & repeat until all targets are burned to the water line.

I'm surprised you haven't discovered this gem yourself yet...consider this info my gift to you for the fire breathing Moltov you gave me from your contest. If you prefer to citadel targets instead of HE spamming this ship is not for you so disregard...but if BBQ bots are 1 of your favorite treats then this beauty is a must.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
1 hour ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

You are so horrible, no citadel hits in Co-Op in your Hiddy ..... reported for been potatoes!

7d98knK.jpg

I just haven't posted a game with any but have had them. 1 game I dev struck a Moskva with 8 cit's and then did the same to a Saint Louis right after with the next salvo that had 6. That was about it for the game though other than a few fires on a Republique as it was a quick one and it was about the only chances I had. Most of my games have had me fighting BB and DD so HE has been the main load and thus cit's are hard to come by there. Vs Cruisers though with AP no issue.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,396 posts
10,165 battles
31 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You don't need a T10 to quickly annihilate bots...in fact you are just I ship away...I know...Myoko is the absolute worst grind in the whole game (RU DDs excluded) but after the Myoko comes the Mogami (& believe me when I say that Mogami is definitely better than Lessgami...sorry).

15 barrels of fire breathing madness w/a 10 second reload (sans Adrenalin Rush...which brings it down to 8 second reloads when down to last 10% HP...effectively turning 90 round/minute into 112.5 rounds/minute) each a potential fire...BBQ bots can be your main menu item...& it gets up-tiered to T10 enough that you'll still have plenty of big HP farming available.

20% rudder shift & AR are a must...kinda glassy but the sheer amount of shells you can deliver makes up for it & the damage you take just charges up the AR. Accuracy is irrelevant with that many shells flying at once but it is surprisingly accurate even at 80-90% of it's longest range...even against DDs.

Don't bother w/the gun upgrade (significantly increases fire potential but cuts the barrels down to 10 w/15 second reload)...better for trying to tank citadels but fires are your best friend in this ship...just set 1 ship on fire then jump to the next...set it on fire then go back & relight the 1st one...then rinse & repeat until all targets are burned to the water line.

I'm surprised you haven't discovered this gem yourself yet...consider this info my gift to you for the fire breathing Moltov you gave me from your contest. If you prefer to citadel targets instead of HE spamming this ship is not for you so disregard...but if BBQ bots are 1 of your favorite treats then this beauty is a must.

I am not a huge fan of the IJN ships in the game tbh. There are a few that are ok/good but most of them just hold little appeal to me. Same for the Russians to this point. Myoko is ok. I don't hate it I just don't love it. Same goes for Atago which I got in a Santa crates last year. Need about 50K XP to unlock Mogami. I will get to Zao eventually just because I want to finish all the Cruisers like I did the BB's.

Members
1,787 posts
17,388 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am not a huge fan of the IJN ships in the game tbh. There are a few that are ok/good but most of them just hold little appeal to me. Same for the Russians to this point. Myoko is ok. I don't hate it I just don't love it. Same goes for Atago which I got in a Santa crates last year. Need about 50K XP to unlock Mogami. I will get to Zao eventually just because I want to finish all the Cruisers like I did the BB's.

As I said it's not the greatest citter but for HE spamming it's OP...does fairly decent HE shell damage also for when fires are scarce (lots of BBs w/commander skills).

The upgraded guns (same as found on T9 Izumo) are decent for citting but IJNs are better kiters than citters overall & Mogami is the king of HE spamming kiting...I do abhor the IJN rearward only facing torps for closing in on targets but for kiting while running their torps are good for area denial...the problem is their ROF is so consistent that the pause to fire torps makes them kinda predictable whereas others can fire off torps between shell volleys w/out the obvious predictability of them coming. For any "fire" challenges or missions the Mogami is unmatched at any tier (Kuma/Atlanta used to compare but their fire starting capabilities took a dump w/all the other ship upgrades/commander skills).

Congrats on obtaining all the T10 BBs BTW...the Hindi is technically & CA (as I'm sure you know) but definitely has BB durability...oddly enough even more so at close quarters...gotta love the KM turtleback armor.

Members
1,510 posts
7,962 battles
On 4/16/2018 at 1:37 PM, vonKaiser said:

You skipped Battleship Roon?  Sacrilege.  Utter sacrilege :P lol (kidding)

Hey

I have to admit that I actually prefer my Roon, even though it doesn't dish out as much punishment at times; I prefer the fact that most people don't focus fire on ithe Roon like the Hindy and it's a little more maneuverable than Hindy.  My highest game so far is in Hindy at just over 201.5K.

Pete