You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Torpin

Space Battle Skins- will we get the sound effects too?

25 comments in this topic

[SEC_8]
Members
132 posts
2,974 battles

Bought two of these absolutely WONDERFUL skins and was a little disappointed the sound effects were not included.  Is WG going to include them in the near future?  Thanks!

Edited by Torpin

[OPG]
Supertester
1,875 posts
9,970 battles

According to the recent Q&A they hadn't though about it, but it has been fairly often requested worldwide so they are going to look into the possibility but due to technical issues they will only promise "maybe".

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,435 battles
2 hours ago, Torpin said:

Bought two of these absolutely WONDERFUL skins

Which ones? Just curious. I got Paris and only that one.

Members
1,771 posts
17,309 battles
2 hours ago, Torpin said:

Bought two of these absolutely WONDERFUL skins and was a little disappointed the sound effects were not included.  Is WG going to include them in the near future?  Thanks!

The sound effects are part of the special versions of the ships in the space battles format...the regular versions of the ships don't have them programmed into them...not sure how difficult it would be to add the enhancement but not surprised it wasn't just included.

[DAKI]
Members
218 posts
8,249 battles

Have all 9 of the Space Skin, can confirm non of them have any sound effect.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,881 posts
2,193 battles
5 minutes ago, Top_Gun_1999 said:

Have all 9 of the Space Skin, can confirm non of them have any sound effect.

:cap_hmm:   You have (had) too much money. 

Thanks for the info.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 hours ago, Torpin said:

If they do this , My only request is it stays on the camo owners side not in a Game with WWII ships playing.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,332 posts
10,121 battles

I have 3 of them (Republique/GK/Des Moines). From what I can tell all you get is the fire out the smoke stack and when on fire you get the electric static shield like effect vs actual fire. No sound effects and also the shells are the normal ones not the glowing orbs.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,881 posts
2,193 battles

How about the spatial distortion shell hits?  I'd wager you get the normal damage effects...

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,407 battles
47 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

How about the spatial distortion shell hits?  I'd wager you get the normal damage effects...

If it hasn't been added, it should be fixed.

The ARP ships have the Corrosive Torpedo animation upon hit. It's just extremely rare to witness since it's not often a Takao or Myoko player would be spamming their torps except for preemptive surprise attacks or while on the retreat.

So it's definitely possible to include the shell hit animations if they aren't already.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles
15 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

According to the recent Q&A they hadn't though about it, but it has been fairly often requested worldwide so they are going to look into the possibility but due to technical issues they will only promise "maybe".

First off that was quite some time ago. We are talking about a very simple copy and paste and like a 1 liner. So these "technical issues" are just as straight [edited] as radar adhering to Line of sight being an "engine limitation".

I would personally suggest no one spend a dime on these skins until the sound effects are added. Not worth 8k DB without the effects.

• Bad 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles

Personally, I hope they do not.

The sounds work in the Space Mode because having 1980s TRS-80 blips and bings is part of the 'don't take it seriously, this is a homage to when games couldn't do better' atmosphere.

In regular games, such digital blips don't have a place when the other weapons in the same battle sound like weapons and not Super Mario Brothers on a Gameboy. The redesigned models can at least be looked at as futuristic ships brought into the timeframe of the game setting, but no weapon on the scale of a rail gun makes a 'blip' sound when it fires.

So, no. They should not make the ship camos also force the sound effects that are tied to the game mode (not the ships), especially when we purchased the camos knowing we would have normal sounds with them. If they do proceed with this, however, they owe those of us who purchased the camos without the sound effects an option to mount the camp separate from the sound effects.

My two cents.

[SEC_8]
Members
132 posts
2,974 battles
2 hours ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Personally, I hope they do not.

So, no. They should not make the ship camos also force the sound effects that are tied to the game mode (not the ships), especially when we purchased the camos knowing we would have normal sounds with them. If they do proceed with this, however, they owe those of us who purchased the camos without the sound effects an option to mount the camp separate from the sound effects.

They could make it optional for you to see and hear those effects- just like they do with ARP, HSF, and Halloween...

Edited by Torpin

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles
30 minutes ago, Torpin said:

They could make it optional for you to see and hear those effects- just like they do with ARP, HSF, and Halloween...

And if they do so separate from the use of the camo, well and fine. Everyone wins. What I don't want to see is a camo I purchased with the understanding it only changed the appearance of the ship being changed to affect other aspects in a negative way after the sale.

The other programs all came upfront with the effects of using them described at the point of acquisition, and none of the effects are as extreme as what is proposed here. Therefore, I consider this a different situation with different requirements for an equitable solution. Just setting it up so people have to choose to not use the camo (which was considerably more expensive than the normal permanent camos ) in order to not have effects changed in a way that was not part of that camo when purchased and very likely is not desired would not be a fair solution the way it is on the other programs.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles

Question: Are the Spaceballs ship skins visible by everyone else when used? If so, WG needs to make an option to see them as regular ships like the ARP ships. Or hopefully a mod will come out to convert them. I don't want to see silly crap while playing a game based on WW1-WW2 era ships. 

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles
Just now, Deputy276 said:

Question: Are the Spaceballs ship skins visible by everyone else when used? If so, WG needs to make an option to see them as regular ships like the ARP ships. Or hopefully a mod will come out to convert them. I don't want to see silly crap while playing a game based on WW1-WW2 era ships. 

Ever since the ARP ships caused some players to melt their monitors rather than see anything but 'real ships', WG has included the option for a player to disable seeing or using the special skins of the content ships in the shipyard carousel settings.

If a player has not opted to block seeing ships with special camo, they will see any ships with it on that ship (I.e space camo ships will be seen in their space configurations by everyone as well as the user). However, if they have blocked seeing that type of camo, their personal view of the ship will be that of its base, uncamouflaged hull (space camo Zao would appear as uncamoflaged Zao).

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
On 4/17/2018 at 11:06 AM, Jakob_Knight said:

Ever since the ARP ships caused some players to melt their monitors rather than see anything but 'real ships', WG has included the option for a player to disable seeing or using the special skins of the content ships in the shipyard carousel settings.

If a player has not opted to block seeing ships with special camo, they will see any ships with it on that ship (I.e space camo ships will be seen in their space configurations by everyone as well as the user). However, if they have blocked seeing that type of camo, their personal view of the ship will be that of its base, uncamouflaged hull (space camo Zao would appear as uncamoflaged Zao).

I have the ARP ships blocked. How do I block the Spaceballs ships? I didn't see that option in settings.

[OPG]
Supertester
1,875 posts
9,970 battles
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

I have the ARP ships blocked. How do I block the Spaceballs ships? I didn't see that option in settings.

The same way, go to the option ont he right in port, and uncheck the box for space battles.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
3 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

The same way, go to the option ont he right in port, and uncheck the box for space battles.

Thank you sir! I appreciate the heads-up. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,096 battles
35 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

:cap_cool: no problem

I am in the game now. In the tech tree I see the option to not see Anime ships. Is there another location for the Spaceballs camo? 

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
5,570 battles
Just now, Deputy276 said:

Disregard. I found it . :Smile_smile:

No worries. They actually have an animated GIF in the 'Space Battles Are Coming Soon' news article showing how to disable them as well.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,317 posts
6,885 battles

How many days have past and Wargaming still hasn't patched in a simple copy and paste modification? haha