You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

clan battle season 3 poll 9v9 or 7v7

Should for Season 3 be expanded to 9v9 format or stay as 7v7>?  

91 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Should format be change 9v9 or stay 7v7?

• New 9v9 format
    • Or the old 7v7 format
  2. 2. Should carriers be added into clan battles?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should we get expansion in number bb on a team?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/17/2018 at 10:11 PM

59 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

Should we see clan battles get expanded for next season.?

Currently we on a 7v7 but if we could add two more spots in and have it be a 9v9 format and open option to add 2 new bb into the line up and perhaps a carrier.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,912 battles

Clan battles as they are right now are pretty good balance-wise.  I see no need in upsetting the balance.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,407 battles
1 minute ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Clan battles as they are right now are pretty good balance-wise.  I see no need in upsetting the balance.

I agree with this. Also we can hardly field a 7v7 team, God forbid we need to field a 9v9 team!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,715 posts
11,332 battles

I think the current set up is quite optimal. I wouldn't vote to change it.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
5 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I agree with this. Also we can hardly field a 7v7 team, God forbid we need to field a 9v9 team!

I think that this is the primary issue, the ability to consistently field a full team.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

No I think it's balanced as is, having 9 members is hard enough to juggle for CW right now lol.

possible chance that cv will be balanced in future making a viable option. 

6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that this is the primary issue, the ability to consistently field a full team.

Well, try to recruit and new more members who can be active. We got folks who have to wait for there chance to play. I do say if we get an expansion on battleships be great to see Montana/Yamato/republic plus your radar cruiser/kiting cruiser and dd type teams. But think next season clan battles should have the option on the weekend to begin in the afternoon.

• Boring 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

only real thing on that vote is i think CV should be allowed in clan battles, it would mix things up a bit and why should CV main miss out on clan battles and have to play a ship type that they might not be good in or know how to use it as well as they do with CV. with WG trying so hard to balance the tier 10 CVs who knows they may have that in mind, knowing that the two CV you can use are balanced and the rest is based on player skill

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[APOC-]
Beta Testers
328 posts
4,076 battles

Multiple BBs set in a crossfire deployment will delete CAs. (Remember this is a coordnated, pre planned strat with voice coms mode) This will make the gameplay stagnate and become very campy. Right now there is depth to the game play IMO. 

And CVs do 2 out of 3 of DDs primary jobs better than they do. Probably only remotely balanced in a 12v12 situation.

• Cool 1

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,065 posts
8,847 battles

Let's not beat the dead horse of letting in a CV for clan battles.  We all know why.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,971 posts
6,570 battles
1 hour ago, FirstOfOne said:

Multiple BBs set in a crossfire deployment will delete CAs. (Remember this is a coordnated, pre planned strat with voice coms mode) This will make the gameplay stagnate and become very campy. Right now there is depth to the game play IMO. 

And CVs do 2 out of 3 of DDs primary jobs better than they do. Probably only remotely balanced in a 12v12 situation.

Isn't KoTS 9v9 with 2 bb and 1 CV? Seems to work ok there.

Though those maps are more intentionally chosen too for that format I think.

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,901 battles

Tough questions, I say keep 7v7, no cv's until better balance and no extra BB, will make CAs much easier to kill and cause the mode to become more campy / BB and DD only.

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles

7 vs. 7

Our clan has in excess of 30 members, but we're distributed across 4 time zones, and we seldom muster enough players at one time to make the seven, let alone the nine.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
43 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Tough questions, I say keep 7v7, no cv's until better balance and no extra BB, will make CAs much easier to kill and cause the mode to become more campy / BB and DD only.

it could be the reason why there pushing so hard to get the tier 10 CV balanced, when there's so many other CV that need to be balanced there just focusing on the tier 10

[SF-3]
Members
1,442 posts
7,901 battles
17 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

it could be the reason why there pushing so hard to get the tier 10 CV balanced, when there's so many other CV that need to be balanced there just focusing on the tier 10

Good possibility, I know a lot of people are upset that CV's are in CW. I can't blame them, especially if that's your chosen / favorite class to play.

[SYN]
Members
4,530 posts
11,433 battles

Not allowed to vote on the last two if I don't select either option on the first.

Biased poll is biased.

• Funny 1

Members
9,864 posts

I voted 9 vs 9, simply for laughs....

All going 9 vs 9 would do is put the final nail in the Clan wars coffin...:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles
2 hours ago, pikohan said:

Same with us. 

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
18 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Good possibility, I know a lot of people are upset that CV's are in CW. I can't blame them, especially if that's your chosen / favorite class to play.

yep you put a CV main in a DD or cruiser that dosn't know those ships work or have small experience using them its not going to turn out good for that team and player  

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles

A third of the time our clan would struggle to even get 7 people, and usually you need more because you need a specific lineup and having just 7 people may not get that lineup because of the ships they have or don't have. 9v9 will be hard unless WG will increase clan size, because usually a certain percentage of the clan are casual players and not all the competitive players may be available at the same time due to various issues.

A CV is too strong for 7v7 and spread out roaming ships would be too vulnerable. I think at least 9v9 or preferably 10v10 can allow a CV but then you have the problem of smaller clans having a tough time getting enough players.

[OPG]
Members
3,898 posts
5,488 battles
24 minutes ago, awiggin said:

All going 9 vs 9 would do is put the final nail in the Clan wars coffin...:Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_amazed:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I think the first two seasons of clan battles have been wildly successful myself.  Great rewards, meaningful end game content, a sense of higher purpose and accessible to players at a wide range of skill level.  I know numerous people, myself included, who can attest that Clan Battles is the most fun they've ever had in this game....and based on a cursory glance at the leaderboards and paying attention to clan tags at the end of random battles....participation looks to be very healthy at the moment.

Edited by yashma

Members
9,864 posts
6 minutes ago, yashma said:

:Smile_amazed:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I think the first two seasons of clan battles have been wildly successful myself.  Great rewards, meaningful end game content, a sense of higher purpose and accessible to players at a wide range of skill level.  I know numerous people, myself included, who can attest that Clan Battles is the most fun they've ever had in this game....and based on a cursory glance at the leaderboards and paying attention to clan tags at the end of random battles....participation looks to be very healthy at the moment.

You're right....Clan wars is really generating lots of excitement....:Smile_glasses:

Spoiler

bAPqgPl.png

Considering numbers have been tanking pretty much since the start of this season. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
28 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

yep you put a CV main in a DD or cruiser that dosn't know those ships work or have small experience using them its not going to turn out good for that team and player  

Sorry, but I have no sympathy for any player who "mains" a single type of ship.  None whatsoever.  Play them all, don't "
main" anything, and then you won't have this problem.

• Bad 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
23 minutes ago, RadDisconnect said:

A CV is too strong for 7v7 and spread out roaming ships would be too vulnerable. I think at least 9v9 or preferably 10v10 can allow a CV but then you have the problem of smaller clans having a tough time getting enough players.

or maybe it will shake things up a bit and make it interesting, with no CV in clan battles you don't have to think about AA so you can go with ships with crapAA and captain skills you dont have to touch any that boost AA, put a CV in there and clans will have to change how they approach the match, how there ships are set up and when to push or hold.

• Bad 2