You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Earning Credits

32 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts

So as far as I know the of best ways to make credits rank as following:

1. Missiouri (didn't get)

2. Musashi/Nelson?

3. Any other premium tiers 5,6,7

4. regular line ships tiers 5,6,7

I've heard actually credit earnings 'max out' at tier 5 and that after that ship repair costs just rise. So does that mean tier 5 is actually the best if you don't have a free XP ship? Also since repair costs for BBs and CVs is higher does that mean Cruisers and DDs are better money makers?

Thanks!

Members
17,854 posts
5,099 battles

In my experience, premium acct. makes a difference.

I found with a free account, T6 was the sweet spot, while T7 had higher earnings once I got premium.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,349 posts
3,669 battles

Afaik some of the ships that got the Kobayashi camo (Roma, Kii)  have earnings close to the free xp ships.

Edited by warheart1992

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,040 posts
12,541 battles

Premium is by far the biggest factor overall. Your gross income gets multiplied by 150%, while your expenses don't. This translates to very large profit margins at high tier (because the base earnings are larger).

Musashi is generally the second highest-earning ship after Missouri, because it is the only other Tier IX premium in the game. Stack your credit-earning flags, because again, you want to multiply the largest base number possible.

• Cool 2

360 posts
194 battles

Premium account, credit boost signal flags, and either camo that boosts credits or reduces ship repair/rearm costs are your biggest factors in earning credits.

[O_O]
Members
787 posts
4,736 battles

Don't forget this.  She won't earn you as much as Missouri or Mushi, but with the Adler camo she's still pretty effective.  A little expensive to the real-world pocket book though.

-R

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
1 minute ago, TugboatCommander said:

/rearm costs are your biggest factors in earning credits.

Every one that takes pot shots at islands at the beginning of the match should take note of this.

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,713 posts
4,699 battles

Tiers 5/6/7 either premium or a regular ship you do well in.  Add in flags and camo, and run a premium account. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,263 posts
8,818 battles

Add the tier 10 permanent camo to the list. With premium time and that camo you almost have to try to lose money.

[WOLF2]
Members
240 posts
4,240 battles

I'll say that when I was fully FTP, I found that grinding through a T7 (Colorado) earned me just enough credits to buy a T8 (NC).  This was not true for T8 -> T9.  Premium time, camo and premium ships (as eluded to by everyone else) makes a big difference.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Play good and you will always make good money... when you start at Tier VI+

[LHG]
Members
1,621 posts
4,887 battles
2 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:

So as far as I know the of best ways to make credits rank as following:

1. Missiouri (didn't get)

2. Musashi/Nelson?

3. Any other premium tiers 5,6,7

4. regular line ships tiers 5,6,7

I've heard actually credit earnings 'max out' at tier 5 and that after that ship repair costs just rise. So does that mean tier 5 is actually the best if you don't have a free XP ship? Also since repair costs for BBs and CVs is higher does that mean Cruisers and DDs are better money makers?

Thanks!

Well that's not absolutely accurate.  

As I was moving up the tiers, I really noticed a wall at Tier 6 where my credit generation went way down because the repair costs were eating it all up.  However now that I'm better at what I'm doing, my ships from tier 6 to tier 8 regularly out produce my ships at tier V so you can regularly generate a higher credit haul at these higher tiers once you get used to how to play them. 

While you can make this work with stock ships with no benefits, there are some things you can do to limit the cost of repairs and boost credit production on tier 6 and higher vessels and in general you may want to limit your use of some of these to tier 6 and higher ships since this is where you'll get the most benefit. 

1) See if you can join a Clan that has built out their dockyards (one for DD, one for Cruisers, one for BB's and one for CV's) and gain the 10% reduction in these costs that Dockyard provides.  This one is cool because it's absolutely free, get into the clan and help them earn oil to make this happen. The clan I belong to (LHG or Lost Hours Gaming) has all of these but the CV Dockyard if that's something your interested in.

2) I reserve all of my 10% off of post battle repair flags for use on my T6's and higher and this really helps combat the extra drain of repairs. I'm not a wallet warrior so I don't buy these but they can be accumulated through crates and other events so you can either pay for them or earn them. Stacked with a Clan bonus, this gives you 20% off. 

3) In Ranked Battles, if you can make it into 2nd League play (rank 15), you get a special flag you can mount on any ship for the duration of ranked which will further reduce your repair costs (with better ones available as you move up the ranks).  Once again this is completely free, just get into rank, earn the flag and mount it on every ship you have. 

4) The gold standard just works amazingly option is Premium time.  While you can earn decent credits without it, having Premium time generates about 50% more credits than normal which can easily double your net credit production after repair costs are deducted.  You can sometimes earn a day of this here or there through work on the test sever or through various events, but never more than a day here or there. If you really want this, you're going to have to reach into your purse and buy it. 

You can sometimes get this on sale.  The best one I've seen was a 50% discount on a years' worth of premium time back in Thanksgiving or 2016.  That hasn't been repeated but you can sometimes see nice blocks of this on sale around the holidays.

5) Upper tier permanent and premium cammo:  There are some cammo's out there which give bonuses to credit production and/or reduction in repair costs.  You can earn some of these in various events but the perma cammo generally has to be purchased with doubloons. 

As for ship types, I generally tend to earn the most credits in Battleships.  Yes the repair costs are greater but, at least in my hands, they also tend to generate the most credits which outweighs the added cost.  Of course, that just depends on what kind of ship you are best at.  DD's who are successful can have very good games and massive hauls but can also end up with tiny ones if things don't go their way.  It just depends on where your "sweet spot" is. 

Hope this is helpful. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
292 posts
5,615 battles

have the Missouri and just got the Musashi haven't had good results with them yet. warspite and atago earned the best for me though i have not need to play ships to earn credits yet as it comes with the grind . 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

If you can slap a money-multiplier camo + a money multiplier flag onto a ship and have a half-way decent match, just about any T6+ ship can bring in a haul. 

Had a 1.2 million credit match in my Atlanta last night playing the current scenario. 

I usually make decent credits in my T7 Scharnhorst during randoms.  Fun ship too.     

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
667 posts
249 battles

Did anyone mention Premium yet?

Just a few days of Premium while running a number of sessions will earn you a pretty decent amount of credits. 

• Bad 1

[TDG]
Members
1,134 posts
5,736 battles
4 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Just a few days of Premium while running a number of sessions will earn you a pretty decent amount of credits. 

A few including @BB3_Oregon_Steel.

Members
3,659 posts
13,564 battles
8 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

I have Premium time and I've racked up a lot of credits playing mostly tier 6-7 ships. I have over 500 mil creds and nothing much to spend it on.

Premium time and playing mid-tier will fill the piggy bank. :cap_like:

Edited by ReddNekk

[FML]
Members
1,640 posts
9,912 battles
11 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I have Premium time and I've racked up a lot of credits playing mostly tier 6-7 ships. I have over 500 mil creds and nothing much to spend it on.

Premium time and playing mid-tier will fill the piggy bank. :cap_like:

200+ battles at Tier 10 ranked should help drain those reserves...

Members
3,659 posts
13,564 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

200+ battles at Tier 10 ranked should help drain those reserves...

Not really. I seldom come out in the negative on credits in tier 10 even when it's a loss. The only times I do get negative credits in tier 10 is when I get wasted early in a fight and as a result, don't accomplish much.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,873 posts
8,689 battles

Low tier premiums can also be great for silver gain as they are incredibly inexpensive to run, so though they have less total silver gain, you'll always have a high profit margin if you do even moderately well.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Tiers V, VI and VII are the credit earning sweet spots, premium or not.

• Cool 2

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles
4 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:

since repair costs for BBs and CVs is higher does that mean Cruisers and DDs are better money makers?

this info is like 2 years outdated. BB ammo might cost more, but servicing cost is the same across the same tier

BB is the best money maker in game simply because how consistent this type performs

you have a large enough HP pool to not have to worry about being deleted by 1 salvo, and rewards are pretty direct, you just need to know how to aim, unlike DDs where torp hits and capturing caps are mostly decided by enemy

Edited by jason199506

Members
15,692 posts
14,062 battles

Premium Account makes a difference.  Premium Ships are cheaper to run also.  Some camo out there have big servicing cost, credit earning potential.  Makoto Kobayashyi camo on Kii, Roma is an example.  Keep a very keen eye on news for free Perma Camo, such as the HSF Yamato that was earned from some missions.  That stuff is GOLD.

Barring anything related to "Premium," playing well is the next big deal.  My Div Mates play almost exclusively high tier with no Premium Acct, unlike me with an endless supply of Premium Acct time.  They don't buy Premium Ships like I do, signal flags like I do.  Average Tier is 8.7.  They play well and live in high tier, yet still make their money.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,131 posts
8,768 battles
5 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Tiers V, VI and VII are the credit earning sweet spots, premium or not.

My tier IV Kuma can do reasonably well in credits as well.

[-BGM-]
[-BGM-]
Beta Testers
63 posts
6,213 battles

All the talk about "Repair Cost" is bad info, after patch 0.5.12 "Repair Cost" was removed from the game and the flat operating cost was implemented.  Tech tree ships base cost are 2k credits at tier 2 up to 180k credits at tier 10.  Permanent camouflage will reduce this cost by 10% for tier 5 to 8, 20% for tier 9 and 50% for tier 10.  Premium ships have different costs.  The next cost is ammunition resupply and this cost is negligible.  Equipping the India Bravo flag further reduces the operation cost by 10%.  Using premium consumables will also eat into your potential credits profit, your choice.  Premium accounts make it easier to turn a profit with the 1.5 modifier, 200k credits earned for a regular account would be 300k credits on premium.

Just farming big slow battleships will not make as much credits as playing the objectives, sure you will earn good experience but the credit earnings will be lacking behind.  This is why you see ships making 200k credits profit in games when they only deal 50k damage but played the objectives and spread around damage to multiple ships.  Contrary to popular belief kills do not equal good credit income.  Percent damage done to multiple ships  is the better approach, confederate and high caliber are what you should strive for.  Kraken Unleashed looks cool but you can technically earn it doing only 1 point of damage on 5 ships.  Confederate means you damaged at least 6 enemy ships doing more than 20% of those ships normal HP.  High Caliber is doing more than 30% of the total enemy teams HP on at least 4 ships, this is why they tend to be awarded together.

When you view the personal score screen at the end of the battle and only see 2 or 3 ribbons earned you probably have a low credit profit or possibly a loss.  If you consistently earn 5 or 6 different ribbons and some standard and heroic achievements you will nearly always see a 6 figure credit profit.