You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Clan communications

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,512 posts
7,972 battles

I'm curious at the what communications are being used by various clans:  Discord, Teamspeak, Ventrilo (if that is still around), or some other.  I am having issues with discord and it's operation.

Pete

[WAG]
Members
379 posts
7,270 battles

We used Teamspeak for years, but recently moved to Discord. The cost savings was a factor, but the ability jump between different Discord servers, as well as see what games people are playing, were also factors.

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

Our clan uses discord and afaik it's probably the most used system among clans in this game atm.

Edited by RipNuN2

[VX9]
Beta Testers
323 posts
3,721 battles

We still use Teamspeak, but we have a Discord server set up as well. We leverage both, but our main voice comms come through TS at the moment. 

[RST]
Members
78 posts
10,189 battles

We use Discord. I've used Teamspeak and Ventrillo in past gaming and find Discord to be a superior voice comms platform.

Members
1,512 posts
7,972 battles

Hey

Thanks guys for the feedback.  I loaded Discord but have not found it to be very user friendly so far; then had an audio issue with it last night; then I was going to try and reinstall it but it said that failed.  Couldn't delete it because some link was missing and when I finally found it on C drive; it said couldn't delete from there because it had already been deleted even though it powers up.  It's been very frustrating to deal with;; the problem I'm sure is mostly me, maybe part windows 10, part Discord.  Still isn't working yet in a intuitive and easy manner.

Pete

[OGF]
Members
137 posts
10,402 battles

My previous clan still uses Ventrilo, and it works fine.  We were thinking about switching to Discord, so I did the DL and could not for the life of me figure it out to get it set up.  I uninstalled Discord several times, and it still shows up on that PC every time it boots.

My new clan uses TS which is easy to set up and use, but I really don't see any quality improvement in sound quality over Ventrilo.  As far as all the bells and whistles...meh.  I just want to talk on it, not manage the planet.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,724 posts
11,347 battles

Discord. 

It felt pretty intuitive to me plus its so easy to switch to other clans channels, very social.

[ONAVY]
Members
694 posts
6,142 battles

Roger Wilco.....JK was a good program     ...Ventrillo....not        ...Discord no....                   "Teamspeak" currently ...used the in-game chat once not sure why no one uses it, I would think it would use less resources of ones computer than a second program running.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,039 posts
12,528 battles

Discord for sure. Every once in a while (maybe once every 3 months or so?), the voice comms will go weird, at which point one of the server admins will need to go to the control panel and switch voice functionality to another server cluster.

As far as I remember, Discord doesn't even require installation, you can run it entirely off the web app if you want, minus a few integration features like overlays.