Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

10 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Lol what a weekend. Won more than half my battles Saturday, Sunday I'm paid back horribly w/ so many losses. Fushun kept attracting so many potatoes it wasn't funny, and I kept getting competent opponents that know how to make stealth torping them difficult, even in slowpoke Texas/NY/NM/CO. Ugh! Famine needs to go away.

As for ships, finished Jianwi and now on Fushun. Cursed MB requires EM to be serviceable, will respec that captain once on the Gadjah. I also bought Donskoi and did surprisingly well in her considering she can't surprise-radar as Chappy could; all that's left is the C hull, and I went for MB reload over MB range module cause hey, 17.4km or so is a good range for T9 cruisers. I made more progress towards Khab, completed the 1st set of missions for the new premium, a few battles away from Monarch, and the SC was a jaw-dropping nod to my high-tier grinding needs:

ZqcmBUp.jpg

Also had a few amusing moments:

1) Hiryu going Hey You

N1sOSVr.jpg

alxVclT.jpg

Yes, everyone pounced. We had a good laugh afterwards.

2) w4c6mdp.jpg

Got Kraken and DS on an Independence after teammate allowed it.

3) Fushun giggles

1ca3jc9.jpg

Banzai charged a Lyon and did the famous DS from 800m away--but his 4th turret finished me with HE. As you can see, several spectating players had a good laugh. Said "bye" to Lyon and it became mine too. Still chuckling about it because it was so unexpected.

4) DS gold

D2P1E2Z.jpg

Spent some of this match just bow-in tanking when Roma decided he'd had enough of camping and charged. Enemy Fletcher was spotted and I pulled a perfect shot into where DDs used to have citadels a few seconds before Roma rammed me.

NXJ58wK.jpg

Banzai! Charged the Scharnhorst, Mutsuki came too late to drop me w/ his MB before I fired my 3 sets of torps. None of us survived, and a couple teammates complimented for that achievement.

Beginning to think I should main Taiho. So many DDs at high tiers it was a chore dealing with them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Man, that Hiryu was nuts! I've only ever seen one CV successfully channel camp, but they scouted enough to make sure the enemy couldn't get a shot on them any time soon.

As for my weekend, I didn't get a lot of games in, but I did pick up the Minotaur. Good Lord. 9 games, 6 wins, 2 confederates, and 109k average damage. I know, I know, sample size. But still, that's more than double the average damage of any of my other British cruisers. It makes me laugh like

dr-evil-laugh-gif-3.gif

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles

Played around with some low tier ships on Friday, mostly Aurora, Oleg, and Mikasa. Saturday and Sunday I rotated Makarov, Huang He, Perth, and Krasny Krym. The teams were absolutely dire, some of the worst play that I’ve ever seen, but I was able to keep my own numbers at a decent level so I didn’t get too salty about it. Had some good rounds in Roma and Musashi ahead of the Aspocalypse, which was nice. Ultimately though, I found myself spending more time with other, more enjoyable games this weekend. 

[-K-]
Members
5,086 posts
8,969 battles

Maybe it is confirmation bia, but it sure did seem like there were an awful lot of one-sided stomps this weekend.  Wasn't much fun, even if it ended in victory.

Just wanted to some fun and competitive battles, but they were far and few between.  More so than other weekends, it seemed.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,215 posts
3,871 battles

My weekend was great.

I finally fixed ePSXe and streamed both Megaman X5 for a 100% clear through the Corrupted Zero ending and started an on-stream playthrough of Chrono Cross.

Wait, you mean in Warships?

Didn't touch it the whole weekend.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Maybe it is confirmation bia, but it sure did seem like there were an awful lot of one-sided stomps this weekend.  Wasn't much fun, even if it ended in victory.

Just wanted to some fun and competitive battles, but they were far and few between.  More so than other weekends, it seemed.

Close battles have been somewhat rare for me for a long time. Like 1 in 5 to 1 in 10. To me, a close battle is anything that can still go either way with 5 minutes left.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,340 battles
11 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yeah my experience as well.  I got the luck of the draw this weekend and won more than I lost, but most wins were unsatisfying and most losses, it's like the enemy was a hot knife and your team was butter and you just couldn't kill quickly enough to pull it back.  Sometimes all you need your team to do is stop dying, they don't even need to kill anything.

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

Wait... the weekend is over?!?  I thought today was part of the weekend... based on the "teams" I've had:Smile-_tongue:.  

B

Edited by bassmasta76

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Final grinding on French, BBs.  Couple of good games in Alsace, about 100k left to Republic.

Trying to finish some captain grinds, but have 9 captains at 17 or 18 point levels so a bit over 4 million in Commander exp needed. Bit of a mountain to climb.

Bought back 155 Mogomi for ranked, add it to my Atago,Kut, Chappie Cruiser lineup when I want to take cruisers in.

Edited by Panzer1113

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

Pretty good weekend.  Had a solo session where I went 1 loss (109k in a bretagne at least) then 9 wins in a row (2 krakens texas+iron duke).

Finished up the bretagne and in my normandie's maiden voyage I got kaga destroyed right in the opening of fault line, and I saw that map way too often on BBs this weekend.  It's been a while since I've been insta-nuked by a CV.

Sign in to follow this