Noble_Taipan

Help on Captain Builds for KGV and Lion

2 comments in this topic

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,608 battles

I am close to getting a captain for the KGV and one for the Lion trained up to the 19 points and I am looking for some input on captain builds. I intend to use both Captains with Warspite, Nelson, and Hood as well (I have DoY, but it sits in port). I'm average when it comes to playing BBs and I don't have much experience in BB builds.

Currently, my captains are set out as:

KGV (with MAM1, DCSM1, AAM2, SGM2):

• T1 - PT
  • T2 - EM, AR
  • T3 - SI
  • T4 - FP, CE

For the last three points, I'm considering either BoS, Vig, or HA/JoaT and EL. I also intend to use this Captain on the Nelson (MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1, SGM2). I have tried to prioritise survivability for this captain.

Lion (with MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1, SGM2, CSM1, MBM3):

• T1 - PT
  • T2 - EM, AR
  • T3 - SI
  • T4 - AFT, CE

For the last three points, I'm considering either BoS, Vig, or JoaT and EL, but certainly leaning towards the latter. This captain will also be used with Warspite (MAM1, DCSM1, SBM2, SGM2) and Hood (AAM1, DCSM1, ASM1, SGM2). I did try this captain without AFT on both Lion and Hood which had AAM2 instead of ASM1 and I found the dispersion frustrating. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or alternative builds that has worked well for them?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,218 posts
6,433 battles

Given the latest trend, I would go for survivability perks. So for KGV I would take BoS, as it is a skill that will always be active every time you catch fire or have a damaged turret/rudder/engine.

For Lion I heavily recommend BoS.

Sign in to follow this