You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Detonations need to be adjusted.

54 comments in this topic

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles

I don't have a problem w/detonations in general as a game mechanic but I had about 500 det flags saved up & started running them on all my T9 & T10 ships...I just ran out a few days ago & the 1st battle after they ran out in my Gearing was an instant detonation after I reached the 1/4 life lost point...so I equipped the flags again on all my T9 & T 10 ships again & as soon as they ran out again the very next battle (in Musashi) was an instant detonation as soon as I reached the 1/4 life lost point. I just ran out again & the very next battle (in Gearing again) was another instant detonation as soon as I reched the 1/4 life lost point.

Detonations before I started equipping the flags were once every month & 1/2 to 2 months...if equipping them is gonna result in a guaranteed detonation as soon as they run out then they end up being more of a detriment than an asset.

If I don't run them for awhile am I gonna keep getting detonated on every ship until RNG determines that I have reached my quota that I've been missing for the last couple months by equipping them all the time? If that's the way the mechanic is set up it needs to be readjusted so running the flags isn't a guaranteed deletion as soon as the flags run out.

I know the simple solution is to run lower tier ships for a bunch of battles & let the dets get used up on them but I'm trying to take advantage of the 100% XP daily bonus on my higher tier ships 1st...do I need to equip them to guarantee no detonations or if not how many battles do I have to wait until the game balances out.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
116 posts
1,900 battles

It isn't a guaranteed deletion, you are just unlucky and a victim of confirmation bias.  Keep playing and it will even out.  Remember, random numbers are "chunky".

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

They just tweaked them a month ago or so.  Now you can't detonate till you've at least taken enough damage to drop below 75%.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Honestly there's only one change that really needs to be made to detonations:

wheres-the-kaboom-there-was-supposed-to-

We need some way to differentiate a detonation from a regular ship destruction, like the turret popping off and flying through the air after an ammo-rack in WoT. When a ship's magazine goes up you KNOW that that's what got it. Hood split in half from a magazine explosion, Yamato's magazine going off looked like a friggin' nuke, something more than just "*boom* dead" would be nice.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Plus one for being right, and an extra plus one for using Marvin to express that!

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

We need some way to differentiate a detonation from a regular ship destruction, like the turret popping off and flying through the air after an ammo-rack in WoT. When a ship's magazine goes up you KNOW that that's what got it. Hood split in half from a magazine explosion, Yamato's magazine going off looked like a friggin' nuke, something more than just "*boom* dead" would be nice.

The only caveat that I'd add is that a BB's detonation should be considerably more spectacular than a DD's.  After all, they have a LOT more  and more powerful shells in their magazines than a DD would.  And a cruiser's detonation should be somewhere in between, though probably closer to that of a BB than of a DD.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,655 posts
8,037 battles

I used to play at least 5 battle per day and among those 5 battle I used to see at least 1 detonation.

Since they changed, detonation became even rarer. Now I only see detonation once every 2 week. 

Detonation is fine 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,882 battles

How's this for an interesting statistic.

Given a detonation can occur, the likelihood of a detonation occurring is greater after the update.

Caveat:  Be careful before responding.  Brush up on your conditional probability knowledge.  Read the statement above very carefully with that knowledge in hand.

• Cool 1

Members
116 posts
1,900 battles
49 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Absolutely agree.  I have always been disappointed in the lack of boom when a ship's armoury gets detonated.  For such a huge explosive event it's very lacklustre in game.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
8 hours ago, atPrick__ said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Speak for yourself.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Speak for yourself.

I will, no problem. I've been detonated, likely more times than you can even complain about. It's a part of the game, it sucks, shut the [edited] up.

Edited by atPrick__
Hahhaha

Members
116 posts
1,900 battles
7 hours ago, atPrick__ said:

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

Crucis, translated I believe this means that atPrick__ does not seem to appear accepting of the game mechanics. 

• Cool 1

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
Just now, Snarky_Wombat said:

Crucis, translated I believe this means that atPrick__ does not seem to appear accepting of the game mechanics. 

Ok

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
33 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

I believe that he's trying to live up to his name.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,870 posts
13,368 battles

It's a pure game mechanic, they should either get rid of them or make the probability the same for all ship types.

[0O0O0]
Members
16,315 posts
12,175 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I believe that he's trying to live up to his name.

Or...I hate it, yet... It's a part of the game. And, somhow I have accepted it. 

It's a part of the game....

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,304 battles

To me, and I have said it here before many times, Dets are fine. What is not fine is that you only get flags once a day. Having been detonated twice in a day and not getting any flags (even 5 for the second one would be ok), is not right. If you get detonated, losing credits, camo and flags, at least you should get detonation flags every single time.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
424 posts
18,306 battles

Not to Jinx myself but I honestly don't recall the last time I had a ship detonate. I know its been awhile. Maybe I'm due? 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
8 hours ago, atPrick__ said:

Or...I hate it, yet... It's a part of the game. And, somhow I have accepted it. 

It's a part of the game....

All that can be true, but that doesn't excuse your excessive sealtiness because it really does look like you're trying to live up to your name.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

@IfYouSeeKhaos, you detonate over twice as frequently as I do. I almost never run the flags, either.  I would be really frustrated if my rate suddenly doubled. 

I think that a BIG reason that some detonate more than others is that some play DDs a lot while others play them hardly at all.  It doesn't take much to do the right kind of damage on a DD that forces a detonation roll.  OTOH, it can be very difficult to land a hit on a BB that forces the det roll.  Therefore, it's only logical that DDs would detonate more often AND that DD players would detonate more often than non-DD players.

[SYN]
Members
504 posts
5,962 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that a BIG reason that some detonate more than others is that some play DDs a lot while others play them hardly at all.  It doesn't take much to do the right kind of damage on a DD that forces a detonation roll.  OTOH, it can be very difficult to land a hit on a BB that forces the det roll.  Therefore, it's only logical that DDs would detonate more often AND that DD players would detonate more often than non-DD players.

Even in DD's, I don't detonate that much. I've been grinding to Shimakaze lately, and have a lot of recent high-tier DD play. 

Members
1,779 posts
17,360 battles
13 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

How's this for an interesting statistic.

Caveat:  Be careful before responding.  Brush up on your conditional probability knowledge.  Read the statement above very carefully with that knowledge in hand.

Makes perfect sense actually...who are you quoting there (never seen a quote just come up as "quote" before)