You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landsraad

I finally get it!

8 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I decided to bring out my Phra Ruang for a couple of battles earlier today, thought I might try torp sniping a bit once I saw that her detection range was shorter than her torp range. And I finally got it to click! I stayed back, stalked the enemy fleet until they were right between torp and sight range, fired and bugged the hell out. My first game I bagged three kills (Though we still lost despite the enemy having two friendly fire kills. Team too fat, can't carry) and felt really good about this whole "destroyer" thing, but I had to make sure it wasn't a fluke. So off I go again, second verse same as the first. I get three solid hits on a Wyoming (no kill, but lots of tasty damage and three floods) then hang around the cap, basically doing circles to try and catch the other reds that slipped through with my fish. No dice  this time, maybe a hit or two, but I managed to get smoke up to help a friendly Tenryu who was being focused by their South Carolina and made them think twice about entering that cap circle.

I hit with torpedoes, I stayed alive, I got kills, I set fires and blew out engines, I even got complimented in chat! This is awesome, I finally know how to get destroyers to work! I can see infinity and the comparative elegance of the spotting system when held up to WoT's! The world makes sense!

It's all downhill from here, isn't it?

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,609 posts
13,240 battles

Be careful  Once you become a destroyer addict is hard to go back :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
475 posts
5,455 battles
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

Be careful  Once you become a destroyer addict is hard to go back :cap_like:

Yeah 96 ships at my disposal and I sometimes get annoyed when I'm in a div and have to give up my Harekaze to name one lol

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Yes.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I was waiting for someone to make that exact post. Thank you @Lert :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
96 posts
86 battles
On 4/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, Landsraad said:

It is and it isn't. On the plus side, you start getting properly fast torpedoes that don't take over a minute to reach their max range, and give enemies even less of a chance to juke them.

On the down side, you also (more or less) lose the rookie players who don't yet realize that it's pretty important to change up their speed and bearing often, especially when there's a destroyer lurking around. 

In other words, you get better torps, but your enemies become far harder to hit.