You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crunchychickenwings

What tier X for ranked

11 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,973 posts
8,124 battles

I plan on Zao/Montana/Hindenburg, if get that far.

Ranked has always been a severe test of patience that some forumites settle for a certain rank.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,911 battles

Just about every tier X is viable but will depend a lot on the maps and meta.

Good news is that unlike CB you will not have to be stuck in a Hinde for a 100 battles :)

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,463 posts
25,360 battles

Bring the one you are comfortable in and good at. 

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,204 battles

Hindenburg for it's all arou d good qualities. Hydro, decent secondaries, great HE/AP, and it's catapult aircraft. While not as good as radar the hydro/spotter plane aircraft can helpt prevent damage to you and allies as well as spot enemy destroyers and cruisers. The torpedoes and secondaries give you an edge if you end up in a close quarter fight. Both the AP and HE are great with the HE having a decent fire chance and 1/4 pen for now on targets.

Z52 for a destroyer. While it doesn't have the best of any particular quality it has hydro and is decent at everything. Torpedoes are quick to re arm and the guns are good. While it can be outspotted by some other destroyers the ability to torpedo or gun down enemy's in smoke is a huge advantage.

Conqueror as a battleship. It's concealment gives it an edge as a battleship. Super heal and amazing HE counter bow on battleships. The AP is great but when someone is bow tanking the HE does great damage and fire damage as well. It also reduces both secondaries and AA. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Yes, bring what you're best at.

I'm waiting for Notser and Flamu picks personally, but I'm already set with multiple ships.

• Cool 2

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,045 battles

If I end up in that Ranked Group, it's going to be between Hindenburg, Des Moines, and Montana for me. 

There are so many strong ships at Tier X, the options are crazy.  People talk about Hindenburg's merits, but let's not forget Moskva still has her railguns and radar to disrupt the DD game.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

I have plenty of T10s that would do great in ranked, but for me personally the ratio of effort/reward in ranked is falling off the cliff after rank 11.  The camos are total waste for me, special flags are way too few, and the pirate flags...  Well after getting that first Jolly Roger when I first ranked out, the other pirate flags do not have the same appeal.  Going through this multiple times for those specific reward ships (or their camos) is not enough carrot for me, sorry.  Belfast compares very favorably to Flint, and Black lost it's radar exclusivity to Pan-Asian DDs.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
298 posts
4,976 battles

I’ll be running my hindenburger and maybe some z52

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles

If I manage to get that far it'll be Hindenberg and/or my newly acquired Henry IV. (I really like that bote!) I have Des Moines but rarely do well with her.

Members
1,201 posts
8,185 battles

The virtue of tier 10 is it's probably the most overall balanced tier in the game.  WG obviously puts quite a bit of work into making sure every tier 10 ship is at least situationally very capable.  There really aren't any non-viable ships.