You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

This is not the Tier X I'm looking for....

15 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

When I started this crazy game I had no idea what I was getting into. I hadn't played anything on-line before. Really. BUT I know a ton about these ships, so I'll just download this here game, kick all these kids butts, and have a Montana in a month. Well, it took me a little longer than I planned... But here she is:

7LbkCxi.jpg

Hey, wait a sec...that is French BB??! That is not what I ordered...now what... Oh well, might as well try it..I do have this special Captain... 

Build for starters:

Main one

Damage one

Secondary two

Steering gears (torpedo beats!)

Ninja :Smile_hiding:

Main 3 

I'm really not sure if this is the right build for a Montana, but I hear this works pretty good on these French ships....but what does a redneck like me know?

Thanks for putting up with me gang.. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

That's a start. What about captain skills?

I have the special captain too but I'm really in the wind about whether or not to push him out of my Alsace.

Edited by Gascan75

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles
26 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

That's a start. What about captain skills?

I have the special captain too but I'm really in the wind about whether or not to push him out of my Alsace.

PT

Expert Marksman AR

Basics of Survival 

AFT

[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,395 battles

My oldest is at P-in- Bay this weekend....steer clear!! lol

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
367 posts
8,957 battles

Everyone in your Montana is being really out of character by speaking French! :fish_cute_2:

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles
1 minute ago, dmb47 said:

My oldest is at P-in- Bay this weekend....steer clear!! lol

Aw man...the weather S U C K S here! Gail warning on the Lake, raining sideways. It was 80 on Friday, LOL. Gotta love the mid-west! 

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles
1 minute ago, Panzerlin said:

Everyone in your Montana is being really out of character by speaking French! :fish_cute_2:

Can we put park benches on a Montana? 

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles

Republique is my favorite tier 10 BB for random battles right now. :D She's a perfect balance between brawler and mid-range fighter. 

Here is my build for Republique (and my slightly different one for Alsace.) 

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
1 hour ago, Panzerlin said:

All part of the “special camoflage” he got in one of those mythical super containers!

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Aw man...the weather S U C K S here! Gail warning on the Lake, raining sideways. It was 80 on Friday, LOL. Gotta love the mid-west! 

Spent many weekends in Chicago. I know what you mean. Also seen crazy extremes in parts of Texas I have been to. 40 in morning 90 in afternoon. Next day 50’s entire time with 40mph gusts that blows enough dust into the sky  akin to brown fog. Gotta love west Texas.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,406 posts
25,228 battles

She's my new love. I just moved my Normandie capt into her. Currently I have it spec'd this way...
image.png.4b86f5b13bece5e8fb34edbd700951f1.png

I might alter this after the next free respec but right now she seems ok. For modules:

image.png.0494910d2ef60278d22a2cfc1bc0bd2f.png

...took secondaries and haven't looked back. The 21 second reload is absurd, Henri has almost the same reload with 9 smaller shells. 

She's good at any range, I've found. Put hits on a Mogami at 26 kms yesterday. Her AP is brutal and she wrecks cruisers. Her HE has a 49% fire chance LOLOLOL. The 21 sec reload means that you can switch ammo no problem. 

The speed boost, which I initially thought not worth much, has proved surprisingly useful at getting Republique out of trouble and in repositioning the ship. 

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,499 battles
9 hours ago, Taichunger said:

The speed boost, which I initially thought not worth much, has proved surprisingly useful at getting Republique out of trouble and in repositioning the ship. 

I was surprised by how useful the speed boost is on all three high-tier French BBs. I love fast BBs regardless, but Richie, Alsace, and Republique are all insanely good at kiting, and the speed boost just enhances that. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

Yeah, I got used to having it on my French CAs for kiting, and its just more of the same with the big girls...I wish I could put it on my Dunk... 

[78THB]
Members
96 posts
4,331 battles

I'm glad to see this post as for a long while there i saw MANY people complaining and hating on the republique saying she was garbage and useless. But since i have bought her and played her all i can say is a love that ship! And its nice to see other people loving her to! Any ideas as to why lots of players hate her? i know many people were saying that her guns aren't accurate, but i dont seem to have any trouble...if anything i think they are the opposite. Last night i deleted a mino in clan battles with 4 cits at 18km...was actually halarious! the red chat mino then said "really?" in all chat and then "4 cits from a crapship?" Anyways thoughts on why so many people think shes garbage?

[HEROS]
Members
1,391 posts
11,810 battles

Lotta peeps say a lot of things about a lot of ships..

What they're really saying for the most part is  that the ship is NOT their type of EZ mode play and they stink in in it because their too doggone lazy to learn how to drive the ship right and want someone else to hold their hand and tell em they're wonderful.  They makes lots of excuses!

It's difficult but learn to recognize the butterflys and ignore them.. Don't be mean to em, they spend a lot of money on the game and we want wargame to keep making making money so they keep making game.  So chasing em off is contraindicated.  Doesn't mean ya can't slap the snot out of em in match though!  Have fun. 

And yes, it may not be a Montana, but it's still a very very good ship.