You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Loyalty Rewards??

69 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

The talk of the free stuff for new players in the humble Bundle reminded me of the sorry "free Cesare" crap for players who didn't play. Here's a feree $30 ship because you ignore the game. The rest of you who play regularly get bupkus. Hey WG, how about a loyalty rewards program...something simple like a super container for every 1000 games of something. Y'all are more than ready to give away free stuff to new folks or disinterested folks, how about something for your loyal supporters??????

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I can't remember how many free premium ships I've gotten just from playing the game. Ships I wouldn't have if I wasn't loyal.

• Cool 10

[YORHA]
Members
3,247 posts
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

I can't remember how many free premium ships I've gotten just from playing the game. Ships I wouldn't have if I wasn't loyal.

And how many have you received for not playing the game?  Ships you would have for showing no loyalty at all.  For spending no time, for spending no money.  For doing absolutely nothing at all.

• Cool 4

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

19 point commanders are also a loyalty bonus in my opinion.  It's amazing how your training starts to accelerate across all of your lines when you get multiple 19 pointers from frequent play and start racking up elite experience!  So much easier to train than in tanks.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

And how many have you received for not playing the game?  Ships you would have for showing no loyalty at all.  For spending no time, for spending no money.  For doing absolutely nothing at all.

None. But I did get the Perth out of a super container I got for my first crate of the day, so that's pretty close to nothing.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles

This is an idea that sounds good while talking about it but makes no sense otherwise. You play often and you get your daily containers, XP, practice, and just an increase in skill. As someone else mentioned the 19 point captains over time are worth a ton. If they want to give away a ship or premium time in order to try to get more players then I have no problem with it. I guess what I am saying is your "free stuff" comes from your loyalty in playing the game. You play the game and you get plenty of free stuff that they don't have to make free.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
2,213 posts
13,959 battles
24 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Exactly and if they did what OP is suggesting then they'd cut out some of these things and he'll be back complaining again.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

This is an idea that sounds good while talking about it but makes no sense otherwise. You play often and you get your daily containers, XP, practice, and just an increase in skill. As someone else mentioned the 19 point captains over time are worth a ton. If they want to give away a ship or premium time in order to try to get more players then I have no problem with it. I guess what I am saying is your "free stuff" comes from your loyalty in playing the game. You play the game and you get plenty of free stuff that they don't have to make free.

23v7zx.jpg

Members
9,863 posts
33 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Hey...It wasn't not playing so much as not playing the way they wanted people too....:Smile_teethhappy:

GXzWpJN.png 

It really was a great gift.

But honestly, it brought me back for about 130 games,and while the ships are great fun, it doesn't do anything to solve the basic issues that make me not want to play in the first place...:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Looking forward to the next iteration of their "rewards for tier 10 ships / battles." I think that's where we get "ours."

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

I'm on board with Cometguy's assessment of the rewards we get if we play the game regularly.  While I understand the OP's point wrt to having a loyalty reward (who doesn't want more free/easy to obtain goodies?), why I feel the same as Cometguy is one has to look at the total oppportunity cost.

In comparison to the low and mid-tier ship & some bonuses you would receive if you hadn't played WOWS in a while to obtain the "come back & play promo" rewards, I would have to trade off (since I won't have played enough to get...):

• Having the Missouri, Musahi, Nelson because was able to earn sufficient Free XP (these aren't from XP conversion purchases)
  • The Prinz Eugen & Imperator Nikolai I got in a SC within the past 6 months (if I weren't getting daily containers, I wouldn't get SC drops)
  • The mission/campaign ships Duke of York, Aigle, Vampire,
  • Perma cammos for 5 T8 ships (Kiev, Z-23, Monarch, Charles Martel, New Orleans), 5 T6 ships (New Mexico, La Galisonnier, Queen Elizabeth, Gaede, Fushun), Normandie, Scharnhorst, Duke of York, Richelieu, Dunkerque
  • Various Supecontainer modules & Flags
  • Enough Cammos to equip grinding future ship lines (over 2300 & counting since many of my ships now have perma cammos - none of which were separatedly purchased)
  • A good quantity of flags w/o purchases
  • 19 point captains (9 now since I can now farm Free Commanders XP on many ships)
  • Special Commanders such as Yamamoto, Jack Dunkirk, etc.

There are other stealth bonuses as well that we don't often recognize:

• On WGs anniversary, they give nice bonuses for games played and T10 ships in your port.  One year it was dragon flags and last year you received a SC for every T10 you had in your port that you played in a certain window around their anniversary.  These are cumulative rewards that are tied to playing fairly regularly to rack up really nice bonuses in the Fall when WG has their anniversary.

These are a list (w/ the exception of the Missouri which was unlocked in Jan 2017) of what I would not be in my port or inventory if I had taken a 6 month break from playing.   While it's a nice promo to get the Texas if you come back to play the game (and I wouldn't compain, if WG did offer a loyalty mission), but you get so much more just by playing the game regularly, I can't really say that WG is being unfair if we don't get a loyalty mission.

Edited by hangglide42
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, delp5117 said:

19 point commanders are also a loyalty bonus in my opinion.  It's amazing how your training starts to accelerate across all of your lines when you get multiple 19 pointers from frequent play and start racking up elite experience!  So much easier to train than in tanks.

That's not a loyalty bonus.  That's hard work.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

That's not a loyalty bonus.  That's hard work.  

Besides work, it's a bonus for repeat play in my book.

[TBW]
Members
6,323 posts
11,878 battles

I bought the "Giulio Cesare" original, not the "Giulio Cesare B(ribe)"

• Funny 1

[EREKT]
Members
754 posts
5,761 battles

Why would they give you anything for free when they know you'll fork over cash for every new premium? I hope people haven't been buying these stinkers lately, Roma, Gascogne etc... Nobody wants unsatisfying guns on a premium ship. The Nelson is the perfect premium, you get good guns and pay for it in other ways to make it balanced.

Huang He? jesus, what a bad ship

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
4 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Besides work, it's a bonus for repeat play in my book.

It's not a bonus though.  It's part of the system.  You know that you'll get it by working at it, by playing more.

A real bonus is something that is unexpected.  I'm with gascan75.  A real loyalty bonus would be something like a bunch of flags for every tier 10 ship you have in your port.

[EREKT]
Members
754 posts
5,761 battles
12 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:
  • The Prinz Eugen & Imperator Nikolai I got in a SC within the past 6 months (if I weren't getting daily containers, I wouldn't get SC drops)

Wow. Those odds are astronomical...

EJ

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

Wow. Those odds are astronomical...

EJ

If you're referring to the Nikolai - yup - it blew me away too!....I fully expected a Special Module Upgrade and couldn't believe it.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
3 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Why would they give you anything for free when they know you'll fork over cash for every new premium? I hope people haven't been buying these stinkers lately, Roma, Gascogne etc... Nobody wants unsatisfying guns on a premium ship. The Nelson is the perfect premium, you get good guns and pay for it in other ways to make it balanced.

Huang He? jesus, what a bad ship

Horror, that's a problem that I have with higher tie premiums.  I don't like to pay money for higher tier premiums that have very unreliable guns.  In a way, I'm disappointed in the Dunkerque, for example.  It has very unreliable inaccurate guns.  And I wish that they'd balanced her to be a tier 7 ship rather than a tier 6 ship, so that she would have looked like the perfect lead-in to the Richelieu at tier 8.  Oh well.  

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's not a bonus though.  It's part of the system.  You know that you'll get it by working at it, by playing more.

A real bonus is something that is unexpected.  I'm with gascan75.  A real loyalty bonus would be something like a bunch of flags for every tier 10 ship you have in your port.

We just define a bonus differently, with is fine.  I remember a time before elite XP.  I consider it a bonus.

[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,439 battles

it is kind of like my satellite and cell phone providers--the only time I ever get a discount is if I threaten to or actually leave them--all I get for STAYING with them is a higher bill....

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,890 battles
18 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

I'm on board with Cometguy's assessment of the rewards we get if we play the game regularly.  While I understand the OP's point wrt to having a loyalty reward (who doesn't want more free/easy to obtain goodies?), why I feel the same as Cometguy is one has to look at the total oppportunity cost.

In comparison to the low and mid-tier ship & some bonuses you would receive if you hadn't played WOWS in a while to obtain the "come back & play promo" rewards, I would have to trade off (since I won't have played enough to get...):

• Having the Missouri, Musahi, Nelson because was able to earn sufficient Free XP (these aren't from XP conversion purchases)
  • The mission/campaign ships Duke of York, Aigle, Vampire,
  • Perma cammos for 5 T8 ships (Kiev, Z-23, Monarch, Charles Martel, New Orleans), 5 T6 ships (New Mexico, La Galisonnier, Queen Elizabeth, Gaede, Fushun), Normandie, Scharnhorst, Duke of York, Richelieu, Dunkerque
  • Various Supecontainer modules & Flags
  • Enough Cammos to equip grinding future ship lines (over 2300 & counting since many of my ships now have perma cammos - none of which were separatedly purchased)
  • A good quantity of flags w/o purchases
  • 19 point captains (9 now since I can now farm Free Commanders XP on many ships)
  • Special Commanders such as Yamamoto, Jack Dunkirk, etc.

There are other stealth bonuses as well that we don't often recognize:

• On WGs anniversary, they give nice bonuses for games played and T10 ships in your port.  One year it was dragon flags and last year you received a SC for every T10 you had in your port that you played in a certain window around their anniversary.  These are cumulative rewards that are tied to playing fairly regularly to rack up really nice bonuses in the Fall when WG has their anniversary.

These are a list (w/ the exception of the Missouri which was unlocked in Jan 2017) of what I would not be in my port or inventory if I had taken a 6 month break from playing.   While it's a nice promo to get the Texas if you come back to play the game (and I wouldn't compain, if WG did offer a loyalty mission), but you get so much more just by playing the game regularly, I can't really say that WG is being unfair if we don't get a loyalty mission.

I agree with this. 

In addition, the daily containers are the activity bonus that reward free stuff all the time. 

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
368 posts
8,962 battles

If not ships, a 19 point captain in a nation of your choosing after 5k battles would be a nice gesture.  But I'll just dream on about that. :cap_tea:

[WOLF1]
Members
1,984 posts
1 hour ago, delp5117 said:

i never get it, if you want to "train" commander why not just play the ship that has the commander? oh you say the ship sucks so you want to play in a better ship and commander? then why do you want to grind that ship/commander to begin with?