Sign in to follow this  
CallMe_Speshul_Dave

Why is paid server transfers not a thing ?

13 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles

Hi,

I am a player from India playing in World of warships NA. I do not understand why i was sent to NA servers when i wanted to download World of Warships but thats beside the point. I think everyone here would accept the fact that server transfers if implemented would be awesome. However WG has decided not to do so for internal reasons which i can understand. 

However for someone like me who has 12 hour time difference, the shear number of players on NA is very very low when i play , its quite low overall but offtimes are horrible. I get put into 4v4 matches in randoms. The quality of the player base is also in decline . I have purchased a premium ship till this point the Loyang. But i dont even want to pay more for WoWs and haven't touched it in the past 4 days due the the above reasons. I am currently playing T9 matches which more or less require premium time to make in game economic sense  and i am ready to pay for it.    I am fine with the pricing of the doubloon deals and premium time that i want to purchase now but NA server is quite frustrating to me which is the only reason preventing an otherwise profitable purchase for WG. 

My question overall is simple : Nick name changes cost 2000 dubloons to do. Why cant server changed be the same. Charge a premium to the users so they dont spam it all the time while you make more money and open yourselves to even more money since the player will be much more satisfied with the game ?

Edited by CallMe_Speshul_Dave
  • Cool 2

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
724 posts
7,351 battles

Yes its not like they cant do it for technical reasons as Ive had 2 WoT accounts moved to SEA over the years.

Members
813 posts
8,535 battles

Customer Service in two regions would have to manually copy over your entire account. Not practical to offer this service for all players at all times.

Edited by CarefreeTongue

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
19 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Customer Service in two regions would have to manually copy over your entire account. Not practical to offer this service for all players at all times.

They could do it once or twice a year.

• Cool 2

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles
20 minutes ago, CarefreeTongue said:

Moreover its not like this procedure cant be automated. They worked on a "great"  April fools theme. Its not like this would need remotely comparable human resource to implement compared to the space battles thingy.   This would take 2 guys maximum of 2 days to program and test. Its a real easy task that is made harder by the lack of tools provided to customer service.

The accounts are more likely to be in a database with universally unique identifiers anyway.  Even if they are amateur enough to use usernames as the only unique identifiers it can be easily rectified with a request form.

The truth is there is no justifiable practical reason for this to not exist all the time. And there is even less reason for this to not exist once or twice a year. 

And I'd be glad to pay them for it as well. The payback time will outweigh the efforts put in.  Charge as much as you charge for the perma space camos and i ll pay to transfer my account no problem.

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles
51 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

Yes its not like they cant do it for technical reasons as Ive had 2 WoT accounts moved to SEA over the years.

Do they allow it in WoT .  Or was it on a case by case basis. 
I really want to move my account  to EU.

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
724 posts
7,351 battles

No they were one off events, WG allowed one time transfers a long time ago to SEA server.

Then I started a second NA WoT account and last year am AUSTRALIAN WoT server was setup and another round of transfers was offered, I took it as my ping to NA from Australia went to crap when NA WoT went to a central server 

• Cool 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,806 posts
18,775 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

They could do it once or twice a year.

Now that's a great idea 

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles
2 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Just out of curiosity, did you submit a Support ticket?

Nope , it said in the support section that they dont do it so i came here on the forums to throw some salt. I ll find a way and do that right away

Members
53 posts
2,594 battles
14 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Just out of curiosity, did you submit a Support ticket?

They rejected it citing lack of ability. :( . 

I guess i ll just have to wait eons for that to happen :)

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

You can always create a new account on the closest server.  It may mean starting over, but if you use an invite code at least you will be starting out with some ships.  You can also post in the Newcomers section on the forum of the server you want to go to and see if someone wants to send you an Invite a Friend code.  One I found (Google didn't give any SEA codes):

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/01/13/alienware-bonus-wot-invite-wot-wows-code-key-giveaway-eu-only/

Sign in to follow this