You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

Whats with the derp teams?

13 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,344 posts
3,646 battles

Increased amount of stupid on the server, as well as non english speakers.

Is it related to the 100% xp weekend? If so I'ma take a short vacation.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,344 posts
3,646 battles

Nevermind I answered my own question with a 91k damage Isokaze performance where a BB driver was whining that someone was hacking torps because they were coming from a friendly BB's direction and he couldnt see any DD's LOL

[INTEL]
Members
8,430 posts
25,296 battles

LOLOL. We had a Red team today, at T7 that had no players who had ever entered RANKED battles. They didn't last long. 

Edited by Taichunger

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,344 posts
3,646 battles

Was it anything THIS stupid?

Woops pardon me I only edited half of it.

derp.thumb.jpg.6afa1098c4e9b18b44bcc5a64a99bab2.jpg

CV, in a DIV.. in the corner.

[AXANR]
Members
3,354 posts
16,525 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

CV, in a DIV.. in the corner

That's so common that it's not even worth being called out, especially in lower tiers. A lot of players think CVs *should* just back up to the corner. and don't think about the time it adds to their strikes and lower damage that results. 

And to be fair, on those small low-tier maps it's hard to blame inexperienced or even moderately experienced players for backing up all the way...if your team lemmings to one side or collapses on one side, you could have DDs in your face 4 minutes into the game and be dead. And running to corner is dumb because you have nowhere to run after the DD finds you a minute later than he would have if you were farther up, but people don't always have the experience yet to manage planes and move their ship intelligently keeping optimal distance from the front. 

2 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Increased amount of stupid on the server, as well as non english speakers. Is it related to the 100% xp weekend? If so I'ma take a short vacation.

I understand the frustration with the amount of stupid on the server, but what's wrong with non-English speakers? Last I checked, this is the North American server, and it's de facto the server for Central and South America as well since there isn't a separate server for those areas. Several languages are commonly spoken in North America, and even though the majority of the player base on the NA server is U.S.-based, there are players from other countries in North and South America  and people from all over the world play on the NA server for differing reasons. Yes, it's frustrating when you're trying to communicate with someone and there's a language barrier, but that goes both ways. There's no requirement to speak any particular language in this game on this server.

Not to mention the hilarity of blatant grammar mistakes in a post [edited] about people who don't speak English. "I'ma take a short vacation." lol go sit down. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't so hypocritical that you use that sentence construction while complaining about people using different languages in-game.  :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by poeticmotion

[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

The large number of truly abysmal players is what makes me frequently take breaks from this game. There's only so much /headdesk my forehead can take.

Its kind of sad these days that two-thirds of games are complete routs where one team totally and utterly roflstomps the other within the first 10 minutes of a match, leaving the competent surviving players on the losing side forced to spend the next 10 minutes depressingly fighting an already lost battle.

[ASHIP]
Members
582 posts
5,212 battles

You guys have no. [edited]. idea.

5ad33869438ce_WorstTeamEver.thumb.png.d3c06d9eea4d902615cd8c93f5655407.png

Feast your eyes on the worst team I have ever had the misfortune of playing with. I was there with my clanmate who was playing at 4am and was dead tired (I sorta pushed him to play one more match, so he has an excuse), but the rest of us playing like indescribable idiots. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I fired maybe 4 volleys before the game ended. It was a horrific display of disfunction, disunity, cowardliness and incompetence.

I think I might send this one to jingles actually... See what he makes of it.

• Cool 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
473 posts
5,445 battles
6 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Feast your eyes on the worst team I have ever had the misfortune of playing with. I was there with my clanmate who was playing at 4am and was dead tired (I sorta pushed him to play one more match, so he has an excuse), but the rest of us playing like indescribable idiots. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I fired maybe 4 volleys before the game ended. It was a horrific display of disfunction, disunity, cowardliness and incompetence.

Dude...I was bottom tier and top spot in Warspite the other night, spawned as far away from the objective as possible. Finally got into the fight, helped get a cap...and it ended. I couldn't believe it, it happened so fast I didn't even notice. Like how does that happen!? lol scores looked a lot like that.

Members
9,863 posts
6 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Ok, that's about the ugliest game I've seen, and I've seen some bad ones...:Smile_amazed:

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles

Mhh... 8 operations, lost 7, top score in 6 of them always with 100-150 more XP then the 2nd.

BB don't care about the Atlanta.

DD yolo into the battleships or try to torp the second crusier wave from a distance where they are spotted.

BB yolo to kill the CV, get focused down by the cruisers and DD.

No one cares about the ships that are heading to destroy the air base.

Feels like a special kind of WoWs hell today.

Edit: I guess I'm done for today. Two useless DD sailed along the J line and tried to kill the CV. Both died when they reached the spot by the CV and the cruisers/destroyers that are around the CV. This was the worst and most supid team I have seen today.

Proof

838FYxi.jpg

Members
0 posts

Recorded my highest ever damage this weekend- 246k, so thanks to all those tier9/10 BBs that sailed in perfectly straight lines.

Carry on Derping!

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,163 battles

I haven't been able to even buy a damn win in my new Yamato. 11 games in, I've had one single win. At the beginning, sure, it took a few games to figure it out... but the last 4 games in a row I've averaged 104k damage and was top on the team 3 times, second place the other one. Lost all of them.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
13 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

CV, in a DIV.. in the corner.

Low tier CVs tend to think that being an airfield is the best way to play them.

If it makes you feel any better, I went to play on EU today for the varyag missions (I have very little there) and the teams were utterly brutal.

Edited by crzyhawk