Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

That Team...

12 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts

How many of you have had "that team" that says they will support you and right when the fighting starts they either RUN or HIDE behind an island and watch you get focused fired and sunk while doing nothing but either being to busy running away or simply watching you die.

I feel like the girl left holding the plunger only to watch the ledge disappear and fall to an unknown painful death. Il6HoK9.gif

Yea, those people are the ones standing on the planks that promised to (support) help you and pull you to safety...that team.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

My favorites are the ones that sit back and WATCH you die, then berate you for dying. To paraphrase the most recent one...

"Why are you two sitting back on the I line?!"
"There's two BBs and twos CAs up there, we can't take that on with just two BBs"
"Well it would have been THREE BBs against them if you had helped me out!"
"Why would we do that?"
*incoherent rage*

• Funny 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,389 posts
3,661 battles

I'm shockingly on a losing streak tonight... but I toss that up to bad CV play on others and poor DD play on my part.

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles

I came here for quality GIF-age, you did not disappoint.

But also, yes. I'm pretty sure that most of my teams are composed of perverts that get a kick out of watching me die. From behind islands, or the safety of the map border. 

• Funny 1

[DRACS]
Members
3,351 posts

Those ships spent months in port being meticulously painted. How dare you ask them to risk scratching it in battle! So much time and money was invested in making those ships beautiful!

[CUTE]
Members
5,155 posts
3,430 battles

If you don't scratch the camo do you get to use it again next match?

Members
18 posts
1,212 battles

LOL, I know that feeling well, only I never got to even hold the plunger, not quite sure what help it would be, but better to have it and not need it,then to need it and not have it.

My last space battle, the team agreed to take B then C,  1 DD on each side, I found my Flyfire  alone at C, caught on radar  the nearest green cruiser hiding behind a rock, and facing most of the red team taking shots at me, the green team was mostly camping in the middle of B cap, giving me not so helpful advice as I dodged lots of incoming fire. I managed to take out the enemy DD, put a hurting on 2 BBs, then managed to take out a half health cruiser while dropping smoke for the friendly close by cruiser, but we both died soon after, This was probably all within the first 8 minutes of the match. The red team pretty much steamrolled after that. I spent the rest of the match watching and occassionaly hearing how I sucked,  ooohhh well.

At least I managed to come in second on my team, probably would have got first if I could of got that C cap.  Still, it was a fun game. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts

Been trying to play Baltimore aggressively. It’s a famously support dependent ship. I follow about 4-5km behind dd up to edge of cap and try to nudge into a rock or hatever partial cover there might be. As soon as enemy smoke shows or a dd appears I engage. As soon as smoke fills cap I pop Radar to help dd kill enemy ships trying to hide. It works well.... until the B.B. in back turn around ( a dd 15km is scary I guess) or the dd bails and leaves me there alone. 

In short, yes, sucks being the last one at the bar when the tab comes due.

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

I had a game where a tirpitz was flaming everyone in chat for everything they were doing "wrong". He even told our Yamato to fire HE or he would get reported. His highest tech tree ship was tier 4, and he had 50 games total (not counting tirpitz). He also played at max range all game. 

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts
9 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I had a game where a tirpitz was flaming everyone in chat for everything they were doing "wrong". He even told our Yamato to fire HE or he would get reported. His highest tech tree ship was tier 4, and he had 50 games total (not counting tirpitz). He also played at max range all game. 

Yamato HE ? Guy was off his meds.

Tirpitz is OP sniper. Everyone knows this.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,964 battles

Played a game last night where the Fletcher said he would smoke me near a cap if I would radar (in Baltimore) so I say thank you and follow him. He doesn't smoke and their entire team went that way. I was destroyed in a few minutes... I think that's the last time I will follow anyone without making sure I have easy hard cover nearby. 

Sign in to follow this