Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Westword

Player Interested In Returning

9 comments in this topic

Members
220 posts
5,266 battles

I played for a couple years and got several lines to T10.  I stopped playing because of British BBs setting things on fire.  I was mainly a BB player myself, but I really liked playing aggressively, utilizing map awareness and armor angling to gradually advance on opponents.  However, I found that both aggressive and passive play against British BBs was punished severely.  Even as someone who liked to talent defensively with a mind toward damage control and prevention, it was overwhelming.

Has any of this been addressed since I quit?  What's the current meta-like?

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
11 minutes ago, Westword said:

I played for a couple years and got several lines to T10.  I stopped playing because of British BBs setting things on fire.  I was mainly a BB player myself, but I really liked playing aggressively, utilizing map awareness and armor angling to gradually advance on opponents.  However, I found that both aggressive and passive play against British BBs was punished severely.  Even as someone who liked to talent defensively with a mind toward damage control and prevention, it was overwhelming.

As a BB main myself, I can tell you that I adjusted all my BB captains to have fire prevention and corresponding upgrades to mitigate the potential fire damage.  It also helps that British BBs are not quite as common as other nations.  

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,789 posts
35 minutes ago, Westword said:

I’ve found that British BBs have really evolved to be great tools for punishing bow campers.  We’re seeing less as a result.   It’s not completely gone of course, but it has been dialed down somewhat.

I’m finding that I’m no longer the only aggressive BB player.

If your version of “aggressive” is pointing towards the enemy and advancing at 12kts or less, then no, it hasn’t been “fixed” thank god.

Members
220 posts
5,266 battles

My definition of aggressive is coming at as fast and steep an angle as I can get away with, but more often means kinda curving in and making course adjustments as needed.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The only way to know for sure is to get in a few battles. The game IMHO hasn't changed but I play everyday. With your LOA you will see any and all changes in just a few games.

• Cool 1

Members
220 posts
5,266 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The only way to know for sure is to get in a few battles. The game IMHO hasn't changed but I play everyday. With your LOA you will see any and all changes in just a few games.

LOA?

1 hour ago, driedjello said:

Three words:  Armor Piercing Bombs. 

Ah, yeah, I'd read something about German BBs being dead in the water if there's a carrier.

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles
1 hour ago, Westword said:

LOA?

Ah, yeah, I'd read something about German BBs being dead in the water if there's a carrier.

Yeah that is why I like packing serious AA firepower into my German BBs lol

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
10 hours ago, Westword said:

LOA?

Leave of Absence

Sign in to follow this