You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yklav

RANKED BATTLES not working with tier VII ships

26 comments in this topic

[HARU]
Members
7 posts

when waiting in QUE for a RANKED BATTLE using tier VII ships it never initiated an actual game...

Their were several times I have tried to enter a ranked battle .... and have waited over 15 minutes

with no game start -- i have tried changing my ship types several times (always with tier VII only)

but the WAIT NEVER ENDS !!

I think there were plenty of ships of different types also waiting but the MATCH MAKING SYSTEM

simply would not proceed to to form a battle -- MAJOR BUG --very annoying

All other tier RANKED BATTLES seem to be working OK .. i have enjoyed playing in them.

thank you for this game ... this is the only problem i have ever had !!

• Cool 1

Members
9,868 posts

Ok, guess I don't understand....why would you be trying to play a tier 7 in ranked PT?

I say that because it's reported to be tier 8 and 10 this season.

Edited by awiggin

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

Don't you have to get to Rank 1 to get that unlocked on the pts?

[HARU]
Members
7 posts

YES you must be at rank 1 to even be allowed to use tier VII ships in a RANKED BATTLE .. ( I am at RANK 1 ... and can enter a BATTLE QUE .. but then time passes other tier VIIs join and we wait and wait

but NO MATCH-UP ever happens --LOL  .. must be a BUG ...ALL other rank battle seem to work --that is how I made it to RANK ONE...at different point in rank the required ship tiers change for these battles

Members
9,868 posts
15 minutes ago, yklav said:

YES you must be at rank 1 to even be allowed to use tier VII ships in a RANKED BATTLE .. ( I am at RANK 1 ... and can enter a BATTLE QUE .. but then time passes other tier VIIs join and we wait and wait

but NO MATCH-UP ever happens --LOL  .. must be a BUG ...ALL other rank battle seem to work --that is how I made it to RANK ONE...at different point in rank the required ship tiers change for these battles

It's not a bug..just not enough players for that mode....same thing happens when it's live. 

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,966 battles
27 minutes ago, yklav said:

Being PTS and a Saturday night, it probably doesn’t have enough rank 1 players to start a match. 

• Cool 1

[HARU]
Members
7 posts

OK-- i'll take your word on that .... but in regular que waits , it is common for 20 players (with 2,3 or 4 ship types) to have a QUE end in less than 5 mins, and proceed to a battle screen.

in the RANKED BATTLE QUE... i have seen more than 20 players (using TIER VII only) with BBs-CAs-DDs and an occasional CV waiting  FOREVER and no match up being made...

This would appear to be a BUG... if anyone can verify they have PLAYED a tier VII RANKED BATTLE ..i would like to know just how long they had to wait for it ---

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
41 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Ok, guess I don't understand....why would you be trying to play a tier 7 in ranked PT?

I say that because it's reported to be tier 8 and 10 this season.

I believe this year it’s 7-8 and 10 for ranked

Members
588 posts

Can somebody explain what this guy is talking about?

RANKED Battles?????

online or offline?

Ranked Battles begin April 27th

tier 7 is if you Rank out ....Rank 1

If he is waiting for RANKED que he has 13 days

Random?

[HARU]
Members
7 posts

ADDITIONALLY -- if WOWs discovers this IS or IS NOT a BUG -- I (for one) would appreciate their having a NOTICE (POP - UP) after about 5 min time saying  THERE ARE INSUFFICIENT PLAYERS IN QUE to form a battle at this time.

this would allow me to leave the QUE without feeling --- IF I had only waited a few more minutes ....!!!!

Actually a better NOTICE might be a simple listing of the CURRENT MINIMUM REQUIRED PLAYERS -- and a CURRENT NUMBER OF VALID PLAYERS ...!!!

[HARU]
Members
7 posts

answer to TOXIC -- i have been playing RANKED BATTLES in this test server since it reopened  for the CURRENT TEST

Members
588 posts

Ranked Operations for those who bought The Ranked Bundle or one of the ships individually ? 

Is that what he or she is trying to communicate?

Are they unlocked for those who did not buy those ships?

[WOLF6]
Members
1,837 posts
4,840 battles

Experienced the same thing. There's an in game bonus if you play ranked on the PTS after you rank out in the T8 and T10 games.

It never loaded a game. Granted, the PTS lacks for people even in T10 randoms (which is a shame. PTS is a  chance to play ships you don't own and practice and f*ck up the Russians). but after 20 minutes on several attempts, I gave up. Maybe after more people rank out...

Edited by Thornir
Update: got into a T7 game this morning after about a two minute wait. You can keep playing after first T7 battle if you like, but you get the live server reward win or lose after one.

[YETI]
Members
2 posts
5,528 battles

The "Reward on Main Account #4" in the Public Test specifies only T VII ships in a ranked battle.  Apologies if this was mentioned before verbatim in this thread, but only T VIII ships are highlighted for ranked battles.  So, even if I wanted to play a T VII ranked battle, I couldn't select it, as it's grayed out.

Members
190 posts
3,128 battles
2 hours ago, Chickenboy69 said:

The "Reward on Main Account #4" in the Public Test specifies only T VII ships in a ranked battle.  Apologies if this was mentioned before verbatim in this thread, but only T VIII ships are highlighted for ranked battles.  So, even if I wanted to play a T VII ranked battle, I couldn't select it, as it's grayed out.

Different ranks use different tiers.  You start at 8, progress to 10, then drop to 7.

This is clarified in about 4 threads and in this very thread also.

I can't wait till this hits love and we have a hundred threads on this.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,828 posts

For those who don't realize it, this thread is about Ranked battles in the current Public Test Server, not on the live server.

The issue is that one of the missions requires playing in a Ranked battle with a tier 7 ship, but nothing in the PTS tells the players that tier 7 ships are locked out of Ranked battles until they get to Rank 1 by playing tier 8 ships.  

[BOBS2]
Members
123 posts
3,428 battles

What you mean, guys? That you can only complete the ranked mission if you been ranked as first place in ranked battle?

I meant this mission?

65db4fbd50f6441.thumb.png.803a8aeabde0c482547ea5f8dcc18eaa.png

Why there are no any explanation about this?

Edited by Hanimichal_warrior

[-RSO-]
Members
43 posts
7,951 battles

I just spent over 2 hours in the cue and the most players in the que was 6.  Imposible to get the flag reward.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
1,828 posts

Yeap.

WG needs to realize that there's just not enough traffic on the test server to run these multi-stage PVP missions, especially when it's something like "earning" a Rank just to unlock the actual ability to do the mission. 

Members
89 posts
11,875 battles

What are these "cue" and "que" things?

You couldn't possibly be meaning "queue", could you?

I've waited 30 minutes on the PTS for a Rank 1 battle more than once. Today I logged on earlier and I caught enough Russians still online to be able to get into a game. There is no bug; there just aren't enough people to get two teams out of. Sometimes there are only 10 people waiting...you're not gonna make two teams of seven out of that...

Edited by BarnacleCollector

Members
34 posts

Same problem, logged in and tried waiting on a game to no avail. Spent 4 hours waiting after hitting rank 1 and most ships I saw waiting with me were 9. Tried again next day and the next, but still nothing. I'm sitting in there right now trying again, hoping since it's Friday night that there will be more people off work and playing on the test server.