Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battlecruiser_NewZealand

Lego Swedish STRV 74 Tank

4 comments in this topic

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

Okay, I know I promised that the last one was the final Lego tank I'd be posting, but this truly is it - especially after the absolute nightmare I went through cobbling this thing together. The STRV 74 is an oddball to begin with - a blimp-like oversized turret set on top of a reused STRV 42 frame with new internals - and I knew I had my work cut out for me with that damned weird looking emplacement (which, I admit, is what drew me to it from the start - as soon as I saw this thing in WoT, I knew I would be building it).

But this vehicle was just awful from start to finish: first I got it too short, then I got it too wide, so I had to break the model into sections to rectify those issues. And, of course, there was the turret to deal with - that took hours to finally achieve something I feel like is both robust enough to build and resembles (though it could never be perfect) the real thing. And yes, I am aware that the main gun is lacking its peculiar "beak" shield, but I have a part that I believe will work in that spot, it just can't be forced there in the LDD version.

Prototype:

7PbXdQa.jpg

uLTczwp.jpg

c0SaYbg.jpg

Lego Model:

GiynZ8B.png

3zRooXk.png

e1hsrSn.png

U5fH8OJ.png

• Cool 3

1,542 posts
26 battles

How can a tank be so adorable? XD It is very close to the real thing. They did a pretty good job!

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,345 posts

That'd be one hell of a bouncy turret nose-on

1,266 posts
13 battles

For all of time that it took and all of the issues you were describing, You did an amazing job with this!!

Sign in to follow this